PDA

View Full Version : Merged: ALAEA Elections

Redstone
6th Jun 2006, 01:30
A.L.A.E.A. elections are just around the corner and it is vitally important for all members to vote. If you are happy with the status quo then the encumbants are seeking another term. However if you think it is time for a change in Bexley then the Members First group may be the ones to lead the association for the next 4 years.

Think carefully and discuss with your colleagues.

Get involved, encourage the debate.

fordran
6th Jun 2006, 05:47
I was going to vote for a change because the people in Bexley have delivered nothing in the last four years. But when I heard the President was going to employ Mr potato head If he got re-elected I thought "why not vote them back in", I want to see how far incompetence can be taken.

rudderless1
6th Jun 2006, 23:51
Woomera, what point was there to move this topic to the GA FORUM. Particularly whent 3/4 of the association membership service RPT jets of QF mainline, Jetstar and Vigin. Any other posts involving this group have always been posted under D&G REPORTING POINTS.
The end result of this issue could severly impact on the current SAFETY of Australian aircraft and the pilots who fly them. In the interest of open and transparent debate please return this topic to where it will be found.
The timing of this change on the day ballots are sent out is very poor and reduces opportunity for members to be informed.:confused:

Woomera
7th Jun 2006, 00:18
Rudderless,
R&N is for news. The GA forum is perhaps not correctly named. Back in the easrly days, we had 4 forums: R&N, GA, Aircrew Notices, and Questions. The owners decided to consolidate to 2 forums for D&G, with the last 3 being incorporated into what it is today.

So basically this forum is for everything else but news. An election announcement is not what I would really consider "news". That's why it was moved here (not because it is considered "GA")

Woomera (Eastern States)

Silverado
7th Jun 2006, 11:55
Some sites people might like to visit.

Of course the Association www.alaea.asn.au

www.youralaea.com

www.voxengineer.com

Does the Members First group have a site? I haven't received their CD yet

BARON DRIVER
7th Jun 2006, 13:36
pack your bags boys!

The masked goatrider
8th Jun 2006, 02:48
Silverado,

The CDs were not sent to the incumbents. Thats why you didn't get one.

The masked goatrider
8th Jun 2006, 02:54
Just went to the ALAEA website too. It's down again.

Just wanted to ask you something Silverado. On the your alaea website it says that the geese seeking re-election are proactive. Why did they do nothing when HM Syd was closed. I mean like they didn't run a meeting for over three weeks. Is that what you call proactive?

Brake Boy
8th Jun 2006, 07:56
Has anyone seen the 'prefered' list of candidates sent out from the ALAEA office.

Whilst I support debate and consideration of ALL candidates, I don't feel OUR money should be wasted on propaganda like this. Would consider this an abuse of members funds (not that it's happened before!!:rolleyes: ).

Any thoughts?

BB

Redstone
8th Jun 2006, 08:37
I find it interesting that on the "your alaea" site (read: the encumbants) they make a few statements about "the alternative".

Asking the question "Will an alternate elected federal executive give away our association to another organisation". ??????? No detail, what's that all about?

A jibe at the "Proven track record of bad behavior and unprofessional conduct by some seeking your vote" Spare me! If it is proven, then give us the detail.

Then there comes the "un-educated reactionary industrial actions do little more than reduce the professional immage of an organisation and adversly impact membership" I can read between the lines here(forget the sensationalist scare-mongering) and this fundamental difference (if it is a difference) seems to me to be at the root of the current executives' problems.

I am not inclined either way in terms of voting for a "party" as this seems to be a partisan campaign. But this Republican style "push polling" leaves me cold, they better come up with some real substance.

Silverado
8th Jun 2006, 08:49
goatrider,
Sorry I'm not an incumbant, the only association I have with the alaea, is the money I keep wasting on them.
Proactive? yeah I'm a proactive margarine person myself, don't know how that helps us LAME's though.

BTW The members first team don't have a website but they do have an email address.

Mr Qantas
8th Jun 2006, 09:02
Oh my god barke boy youve come out from under the rock and emerged just before an election. Surprise surprise and we all now who you are. If you think that the good members of our association will buy the rubbish stories then think again. Of course the office is supporting the prefered list they have been there for us and only just today you can read the notice sent by the President to members. He has just negotiated huge increases in our allowances for when we go oversees and that is a fact! So never you mind about your buddies and the bigger union you expect us to get taken over by it just wont hapen. The members are smarter than that.

YesTAM
8th Jun 2006, 09:45
"Huge increases in allowances when we go overseas".

1. It's rare and inexpensive.

2. Its at the company's whim.

the vast majority get nothing. Go figure.

Redstone
8th Jun 2006, 09:51
Mr Qantas, thought it would not be too long before we had the pleasure of your diatribe. All I will say is that we deserve the executive we vote in, and if you are endorsing the encumbants Mr Q, then that's one more thing pushing me away from them.

Redstone
8th Jun 2006, 09:55
Woomera, you allowed the thread that Brake Boy started on this very topic to stay in d&g reporting points, how bout merging this one over there to that one.:)

aneedapo
8th Jun 2006, 09:57
Huge Allowances for o/s trips. Thats great for those in the pineapple club, but worth sweet FA to the majority of us out there.
Time for change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ok:

REALITY
8th Jun 2006, 09:59
It is always amusing to see the pat on the back one gives one's self for negotiating a deal that takes care of the minority.
Typical isn't it :D !
Congrats to the president!
Your next overseas posting, (similar to the one after negotiating our last great EBA) will be even better for you.
It is time to look after ALL members, the majority who work hard in hangars & tarmacs all over THIS country.
:=

Mr Qantas
8th Jun 2006, 10:44
Thats right brake boy or can we call you the snake oil salesman just get some sht stiring mates to get in there to back you up I can just imagine the phones running hot in the sess pit tonight. You see its like this. Qantas rewards those who do the hard yards for our airline the one that pays our wages and if that entitles us to some rewards then so be it. Its just the vocal minority that arent happy when they dont get there own way or miss out on trips because of there bad behaviors. Your game is up brake boy we now that the plans are to get us in with another union because you dont have the experience to run a stable, sensable union so get out now or should I say the members will get you out. Good rittens:D

A Voice
8th Jun 2006, 12:09
Silverado, thanks for the links. Although, My personal opinion is that the voxengineer IS the new team...no need for their website, they have been out there for quite some time trying to deface a very hard working union with untruths and misconstruded facts. They have fallen into the hands of a union that wants to see the ALAEA silenced because the ALAEA refuses to be associcated with the likes of the AWU. They have been setting this up for ages. They have been trying to disassemble the alaea for the duration of their term. They are being backed by a much bigger and most importantly, disassociated union and all I can say to that is ......et tu brutas??? For candidates of a union election to be getting funds from a competitive union is the utmost deception that I could ever imagine. It is so obvious after I have receieved numersous mail outs from them...as most of you have....that there is no way they could afford such a campaign without a backing of a union looking to overtake another union that has worked very hard to make sure our specialization is protected. All I can say is "How dare you!" I'm just assuming..so call me paranoid. But as far as this election goes...I'm going for the guys who are doing it under their own money..so beit that they fall short sometimes...at least they are not going to sell us short!!! Again, I say shame on SP and His "Members First" idiotic campaign. Members first, my arse....he is selling us off!

Redstone
8th Jun 2006, 12:23
that there is no way they could afford such a campaign without a backing of a union looking to overtake another union that has worked very hard to make sure our specialization is protected. All I can say is "How dare you!" I'm just assuming..so call me paranoid. But as far as this election goes...I'm going for the guys who are doing it under their own money..so beit that they fall short sometimes...at least they are not going to sell us short!!! Again, I say shame on SP and His "Members First" idiotic campaign. Members first, my arse....he is selling us off!

Who is trying to get their claws into our huge and powerfull association, and for what purpose?

A Voice
8th Jun 2006, 12:46
Your post DOES NOT deserve more clarification on my part. Read between the lines.....in fact, it's not even that difficult! In fact, I wouldn't put it past you to already know.

Redstone
8th Jun 2006, 13:04
White man speak with forked tongue!

You obviously know nothing (no surprise) so I will have to ask the question elsewhere. It was a genuine question Voice Man.

Btw, it should be "Et tu, Brute?"

A Voice
8th Jun 2006, 13:18
I speak what I feel. It's just one voice against those who say they are speaking MY voice. THE VOICE is propaganda...speaking only what serves them best. Reader beware! (which most of us educated individuals already know!)

REALITY
8th Jun 2006, 13:53
well spoken Mr Qantas, perhaps it is back to school for you

Brake Boy
8th Jun 2006, 14:57
Mr Qantas

Whilst the current Office bearers may have preferences in the next Executive election (surprise, surprise...its themselves :eek:), what makes you think they deserve to use members funds to educate us on how to vote?

Surely a union executive that is completely transparent would want what is best and honest for its members. Present the hard facts on what has been accomplished individually by each of the current members and what their vision is for our future. Those coming in can give an insight as to who they are and what they stand for.

If alliances are to be formed then so be it. But dont waste members money printing and mailing out infomation to serve your own good.

I would have thought that any appropriate election paperwork to come out of bexley would have had comment from ALL the nominated persons, giving them an opportunity to introduce themselves and have their views on the future expressed. Not the biased piece of paper we received today.

I simply hope this expense is in the best interests of the members they represent.

A Voice
8th Jun 2006, 15:09
Mr Qantas

Whilst the current Office bearers may have preferences in the next Executive election (surprise, surprise...its themselves :eek:), what makes you think they deserve to use members funds to educate us on how to vote?

Surely a union executive that is completely transparent would want what is best and honest for its members. Present the hard facts on what has been accomplished individually by each of the current members and what their vision is for our future. Those coming in can give an insight as to who they are and what they stand for.

If alliances are to be formed, don't waste our money printing and mailing infomation to serve your their purposes.

I would have thought that any appropriate election paperwork to come out of bexley would have had comment from ALL the nominated persons, giving them an opportunity to introduce themselves and have their views on the future expressed. Not the biased piece of paper we received today.

I simply hope this expense is in the best interests of the members they represent.

Where are you coming from??? You must be from "The Voice". Yet another post of propaganda to say they are using our funds. As most educated people know, they are not using "our monies" on printing and mailing! One can tell by the quality and distribution...old school campaigning....which I personally like. But then...who's money are the "members first" using?? HHHMMM?????? CD's???? Glossy mail outs???? Who's funding who here?? And as we all know, there is no paperwork coming from bexley proper. Only from the candidates.

Brake boy, you need to pull your head in!

Brake Boy
8th Jun 2006, 15:28
The letter I received came in an ALAEA envelope! :rolleyes:

Go figure.

Where are the other guys getting their money from? I don't know! But if they are using members funds to produce and deliver their message, the executive should still have to explain why we are funding election campaigns.

I really don't care who gets in. That decision will be made by the ALAEA members. Just don't waste our money securing the result for yourself.

A Voice
8th Jun 2006, 15:38
The letter I received came in an ALAEA envelope! :rolleyes:

Go figure.

Where are the other guys getting their money from? I don't know! But if they are using members funds to produce and deliver their message, the executive should still have to explain why we are funding election campaigns.

I really don't care who gets in. That decision will be made by the ALAEA members. Just don't waste our money securing the result for yourself.

The letters I usually get from the ALAEA have the postmark of the ALAEA. This one DID NOT! AND the return address wasn't Bexley office. I made a point of looking at it. So, I suggest YOU look again.

The "members first" however, are striking a campaign of slander and over zealous ways of getting some kind of word out that they are the new frontier! HA. Besides, there is an email out on the work tables that says they have financial backers. Who are THEY???

A Voice
8th Jun 2006, 15:49
And you don't care who gets in??? So, I take it you are not voting? So be it. If you don't vote, you should not voice your opinion one way or the other, I suppose. Especially after it is all said and done. Although, I have noticed that you usually have a very strong opinion to one side. I suggest you vote, let your opinion matter!

rudderless1
9th Jun 2006, 00:49
And you don't care who gets in???
I certainly do, that's why I want someone more professional. The five minutes "yourteam" invested in their election indicates to me why the ALAEA is so weak.:(

The "members first" however, are striking a campaign of slander and over zealous ways of getting some kind of word out that they are the new frontier! HA. Besides, there is an email out on the work tables that says they have financial backers. Who are THEY???

Sorry I thought that was a couple of the senior incumbents, one was seen distributing the vitriol, and the other has put it to paper. "Snake oil" rings any bells, it’s in his election spiel and on the shyt sheet.:=

I swear the person behind MR Qantas is just **** stirring. No one could possibly spell that badly unless they were trying.

No, I think he is the media man for youralaea :ouch:

Who is backing youralaea; it seems very timely token win for O'rance with the Overseas Allowance Notice put out yesterday? Nice try, but I think there is very few that will benefit and will cost the company bugger all. I am sure the members will see through it!:suspect:

Brake Boy
9th Jun 2006, 00:56
Why did the envelope I received have the ALAEA stamp on it?

I did not say I wouldn't vote. At the end of the day I will vote for the people I feel will best represent us in the new industrial environment. Ultimately though, the elected people will have been voted in by the members, so either way I'm not going to get emotional about it.

Surely you will acknowlege the fact that I have NOT demonstrated an allegiance to any one persn or any one group.

All I have questioned is the use of members money to fund election campaigns.

I have noted the ALAEA mark on the envelope I received leading me to these concerns.

Now I ask you....other than 'assuming' (as you yourself has admitted doing), what evidence is there that ANY election candidate is being funded by another union?

Redstone
9th Jun 2006, 05:52

Are you serious? As Rudderless points out Mr Voice there is only one "faction" spreading unsubstantiated gossip, and that is the encumbants who are probably scared that the gravy train is about to terminate with no connection. The very fact that THEY have chosen to drag what should be an honest and open debate down into the mire leaves me cold, and quite frankly, the will have to work pretty damn hard to win back my respect.

As I have said before, any allegations of EITHER team need the detail spelled out for all members to see. It is imperative. This inuendo does no one any good. If any one is going to make statements then give us detail, we need FACTS by which to make an educated decision........ not rumour and gossip.

masterstroke
9th Jun 2006, 13:57
Redstone,
I have always maintained that one must be educated before one can make an educated decision!!!!!!!!!!:=

rudderless1
10th Jun 2006, 22:26
Where's "a voice" the potential of this debate is surely yet to reach its climax, or did masterstroke have the money shot.:bored:

Turbo 5B
11th Jun 2006, 09:47
I think that "A Voice" has made it too obvious that he one of the worst of the mob trying to get re elected to come back and have a reply.
As an internet commentator he managed to have the ALAEA talkback site permanently shutdown, maybe he has been called off this site as well.

webber1
11th Jun 2006, 13:15
Why is this thread hidden here?
Is there an ALAEA encumbent on the woomera team.

The masked goatrider
11th Jun 2006, 21:23
I'd like to thank the big bloke with the tool belt for the assistance he has given the takeover group in winning the election. Diverting attention from his lack lustre performance over 4 years has just highlighted to SYdney members the source of all the ALAEA troubles. It suites the airline to have infighting on the Executive, it also suits the airline to support turkeys who don't know what it means to be a representative. It surprises me that they would make it so obvious by allowing an increase in allowances one day before the election. Too late, the damage was done over 4 years, you can't undo it in one day.

BB. The encumants didn't use the ALAEA letterhead. If you look closely they have changed the words in it. They have used the ALAEA symbol and use of ALAEA resources (its registered symbol) is against the law and a $100,000 fine. Refer workplace relations act RAO sched 190.

190 Organisation or branch must not assist one candidate over another
An organisation or branch commits an offence if it uses, or allows to be used, its property or resources to help a candidate against another candidate in an election under this Part for an office or other position.
Maximum penalty: 100 penalty units.

As for the crap about getting swallowed up by a bigger union what a joke. You can't do that without a ballot run by the AEC and I know the members first guys aren't even interested in it.

The good news is that the Federal Sec will lose his airline job if he isn't re-elected. The Supervisors are going at SIT. The ones who altered the structure have scored jobs elsewhere because they are good engineers. For the Federal Sec, there is nothing. No union, no job and no more selling out ALAEA members.

For their little boys attempting to be elected behind the encumbants? Back to the tools boys. Those little secondments are about to end. The company will have no need for you when you are out of favour with the union. :D

The masked goatrider
11th Jun 2006, 21:36
Might be an idea for the ALAEA Industrial Manager to start looking for work. I hear he won't be there by the end of July and that is about 12 years too long. Not a good move asking for apoligies he doesn't deserve. :=

And to the former Fed Sec. Thanks for the letter of support for the encumbants. I needed a fire starter. Better put your house in your wives name, the investigation begins on the 1st of July. Standard ALAEA policies will be applied. The standards set by him of course.

Turbo 5B
12th Jun 2006, 00:08
Refer workplace relations act RAO sched 190.
190 Organisation or branch must not assist one candidate over another
An organisation or branch commits an offence if it uses, or allows to be used, its property or resources to help a candidate against another candidate in an election under this Part for an office or other position.
Maximum penalty: 100 penalty units.

Does that include free articles in the "Hard Torque" publication for people on their ticket?

fordran
12th Jun 2006, 00:15
I received this today on the Qantas email system

Hi Gents
> you may remember me, I am Bruce Deahm I was a Qantas manager and former Federal Secretary and Director of
> the ALAEA.
>
> Please take a moment to read the following and then please review the
> attached website as the future of the ALAEA is at stake at this
> Election.
>
> Now more than ever I believe the association is at the crossroads,
> members have a stark choice between a team of committed unionists who
> will
continue
> to see that the ALAEA still serves its members interests and continues
> to uphold ALAEA's members as aviation professionals. Or to pick the
> alternative which in my opinion will take the ALAEA in a direction
> that is NOT in the interests of the membership.
>
> The ALAEA has become strong by sound & wise leadership that has not
> only protected jobs in Australia, it has made the association
> financially
secure
> and independent from the meddling of the metal unions.
>
> Please consider the names on the attached website when casting your
> vote,
I
> have worked with these current officials and I can personnally
> recommend them to you as being the right group to continue to look
> after your interests and to lead the ALAEA into the future.
>
> Regards Bruce
>
> http://www.youralaea.com
>
>
> I personally know and have worked with and I recommend these
> guys
for
> your voting consideration for the current election of the senior
> positions on the ALAEA Federal Executive..
>
> Mr Tim Heywood for Federal Secretary
>
> Mr Michael ORance for Federal President
>
> Mr Shane Kenny for Senior Vice President
>
> Mr Steven Fenech for Assistant Federal Secretary
>
> Mr Tizian Zavarise For Vice President
>
> Mr George Herdzik For Trustee
>
> Mr Fergus Haines For Trustee
>

Redstone
13th Jun 2006, 02:04
Was this email sent by a current member of the executive?

An endorsement from Mr Potato head......... Great campaign strategy guys:ok:

fordran
13th Jun 2006, 05:29
I think I got it from this guy-

Mr Tizian Zavarise For Vice President

Kanga767
13th Jun 2006, 06:21
I'm sure the LAMEs working at most regional and G.A. airports will be thrilled with the increased Overseas Allowances.

K

The Bungeyed Bandit
13th Jun 2006, 11:15
Touche Kanga, all those regional and GA guys along with 99.9% of QF blokes.

The only guys to gain from this fantastic windfall our hard working executives have achieved for us will be themsleves when they go on their jollies or those fortunate Chow Mein Club members.

mahatmacoat
14th Jun 2006, 00:40
I can't comprehend how dumb that mob are. Getting potato head to support them :ok: that will pull the votes. Aren't they about to employ him back at Bex if they get in again? It looks like he has a vested interest in this election.

Redstone
14th Jun 2006, 01:33
I think I got it from this guy-
Mr Tizian Zavarise For Vice President

This guy's from Heavy Maint in Sydney right? Was wondering (all you ex Line 1 guys out there) what the associations response to you was after the announcement to close 245? Are you satisfied with the way they have handled the whole affair? I spose they are not to worried about votes.......

masterstroke
14th Jun 2006, 02:11
Fordran,
I also received an email at my Qantas email address from Tizian Zavarise. My letter read much the same as yours.

Although the first sentence of my letter read “Hi Gents, you may remember me, I am David Kemp I was an Ansett employee and until I retired from the post in 2005 I was the Federal Secretary of the ALAEA.”:hmm:

Fordran you must just be one of Bruce Deahm’s special children.:)

As I have always maintained, and have said before, “One must be educated before one can make an educated decision”:=

Brake Boy
14th Jun 2006, 05:44
Also received that same email!

Hava a colleague in Melbourne who was reprimanded for contravening QANTAS IT Policy by receiving emails at his work email address that were not work related. It was considered not to be 'company business.'

I wonder if Tish will receive similar treatment for his breach of the Policy, or whether QANTAS considers his election material "company business".

I am also curious as to how he has my email address. No conspiracies...I just don't recall having given my work email address to the Union, or any of the people nominating for postions on the ALAEA executive.

BB

Redstone
14th Jun 2006, 06:06
Hava a colleague in Melbourne who was reprimanded for contravening QANTAS IT Policy by receiving emails at his work email address that were not work related. It was considered not to be 'company business.'
I wonder if Tish will receive similar treatment for his breach of the Policy, or whether QANTAS considers his election material "company business".
I am also curious as to how he has my email address. No conspiracies...I just don't recall having given my work email address to the Union, or any of the people nominating for postions on the ALAEA executive.
BB

Yes, the same thoughts crossed my mind as I too have recieved this email. Perhaps the company believes that is in their best interests if this bloke, and those of his ilk, are at the helm for the next four years.

company_spy
14th Jun 2006, 06:16
Unless I'm mistaken everyone is listed in QANTAS Notes Contacts so it's not hard to send it to you. If its a personal address then thats different. I am also concerned about the use of company email for spredding how to vote info considering the association won't allow a company email address to be used for their contact details.

Brake Boy
14th Jun 2006, 06:38
company_spy

The email address are listed according to name only (as far as I am aware).

To compile an email list of LAME's in the ALAEA only would be an arduous task at best.

Just hope he didn't get any 'internal support'!

BB

The Bungeyed Bandit
14th Jun 2006, 06:47
Bingo Company Spy. The ALAEA specifically requests you not supply QF Lotus Notes address for correspondance. Would appear Mr Potato Head still has a lot of pull still.

Redstone
14th Jun 2006, 07:15
Mr Potato Head? or are there others now steping into the trough?

There is something rotten in the state of Denmark!!!

company_spy
14th Jun 2006, 10:54
BB, Tish is already a councilor so he would have easy access to member names so it's not hard to work out who to send it to. As he probably has plenty of time on his hands at the moment it wouldn't be too much trouble.

Turbo 5B
14th Jun 2006, 11:09
Nothing worse than a hypocrite in the case of the beloved councillor from Heavy Maintenance Mods. He who would not answer questions on the last eba if they were sent from a company email adress because he said that it not the right thing to do. He who refused to answre questions on how he voted when the executive decided to recommend a reduction in heavy maintenances conditions last eba (ecause he voted in favour), despite strong direction from the membership to vote against it.
He who has not been visible to anyone in line 1 since the announcement and closure of line 1.

Mr Qantas
14th Jun 2006, 17:24
But he is a smart cookie and in my opinion has found the right balance between the company and being on honest union official and we need him and the other stedy level headed minds in there. I recomend that all smart lames take a long hard look at the future and I think then will agree that now more than ever we need experience and stability not a band of morauding buckaneers from Mexico in our corner. I now that every lame in my area feels the same so dont forget to vote.

Redstone
15th Jun 2006, 01:03
Well Mr Qantas, remember that sentiment when you and those of your kind have their work conditions severely reduced (or worse) whilst Bexley looks the other way.

masterstroke
15th Jun 2006, 08:32

BB

Firstly, it is not a contravention of company policy to receive non company emails as you have no control over its occurrence, so maybe this colleague of yours was using the company email system to SEND emails!!!:=

Secondly the email I received from Tizian Zavarise was from a private email address and therefore is not in contravention of the company policy.:rolleyes:

AND

Thirdly, Brake Boy, your company email address is freely available to any Qantas employee who has access to Lotus Notes, and by the amount of spam received on the Qantas email system, probably non Qantas employees.:D

Nevertheless most Qantas email addresses are either the first initial of the christian name followed by the surname if not the whole christian name followed by the surname. There is not rocket science to it, but I suppose to someone like you who can’t spell, it may be rocket science.:ugh:

Brake Boy
17th Jun 2006, 13:29
masterstroke

Indeed, my colleague was not in contravention for receiving, it was for keeping so as you can imagine the emails I have received from Tish have been removed already.

I would question whether IT policy has been contravened in the use of QANTAS notes by a QANTAS employee to further his own agenda. If this is OK, I have a heap of tradesman mates that would love to send you some advertising material. Perhaps I should advertise my own business. By your interpretation, I would be untouchable as long as I don't send it from my QANTAS email account.

Where did Tish get my name from? The ALAEA office I hear you say. I believe it is a gross breach of confidentiality for an executive member to use ALAEA infomation to once again promote his own cause. I dont agree with ANY correspondence being sent to members that isn't sanctioned by the ALAEA executive, and accompanied with all the official letterheads/stamps etc.

All I know is that in my work area the receipt of three emails from Tish has not promoted his cause amongst many of the members.

Just have to wait and see how it all pans out.

BB

BHMvictim
17th Jun 2006, 23:16
Brake Boy... relax....just delete his emails if you don't like them.... and just remember what "Tish" is if you say it backwards :ok:

masterstroke
18th Jun 2006, 08:26
BHMvictim,
Your spelling is nearly as bad as Brake Boy’s Tish spelt backwards is “HSIT”.:=

I think BHM is the victim NOT you.:)

Brake Boy,
Just sheer dribble.:D

Turbo 5B
18th Jun 2006, 09:08
Masterstroke, BHM said say it backwards not spell it backwards.
The intent is there and is not far off the mark.

I actually had someone ask me if I knew who he was and commented that it was like receiving Spam mail. Unwanted and a waste of their time opening it.
Brake Boy has a very valid point. If I had an agenda outside of work ie my own business and wanted to advertise it I'm sure that QF would come down hard on me if I started to use the Qantas email system to advertise it.
I think you are starting to show your true colours MS. royal Blue for conservative ALAEA member.

BHMvictim
18th Jun 2006, 10:09
BHMvictim,
actually Masterstroke, if you read my post, you would see that I stated as follows....
and just remember what "Tish" is if you say it backwards
If you had ever worked in the same depatment as the man, you would know this line already.
Perhaps some reading spectacles are in order?

BHMvictim
18th Jun 2006, 10:17
BHMvictim,
actually Masterstroke, if you read my post, you would see that I stated as follows....
and just remember what "Tish" is if you say it backwards
If you had ever worked in the same depatment as the man, you would know this line already.
Perhaps some reading spectacles are in order?

Brake Boy
18th Jun 2006, 21:07
The email address he sent to was:

<QANTAS1.ALAEA.ASN.AU>

I am very disturbed that our union would allow one person access to my details for the purpose of spreading unsolicited propaganda.

I can assure you that I will not be voting for this individual.

masterstroke your witty and insightful retort has left me breathless. I'm sure what you meant to write was "fair point Brake Boy".

The first step on the road to recovery is admitting you have a problem. :confused:

BB

Turbo 5B
20th Jun 2006, 11:27
I'd still like to hear from a woomera regarding the burying of this thread in amongst "general aviation questions".

Bumpfoh
20th Jun 2006, 12:29
T5B, :=

beyond your blinkered view of the industry there are many association members who DO NOT work for Qantas so perhaps Woomera was showing a little foresight by moving it into the GA section. By this perhaps all interested engineers, members or not, will take an interest.

While the elections may predominatly revolve around Qantas members the positions up for grabs, aside from the councilors, represent all association members, not just QF members.

:ok:

bmandimika
20th Jun 2006, 12:34
hie guys my name is barney and im 22 yrs of age. i have recently finished my Btec Science National Diploma programme and i nw want to train as an airline pilot.Where do i get sponserships?

Turbo 5B
20th Jun 2006, 20:53
Look in the D&G General Aviation &Questions.
Bumpfoh, every other time the Association has been brought up as a thread it has been in reporting points. That is where most people look for gneral gossip and info.

Woomera
21st Jun 2006, 00:36
T5B.

I answered your question in post number 4, on page 1 of this thread.:ugh:

It can't be any simpler than that:E

Woomera (Eastern States)

Turbo 5B
21st Jun 2006, 03:14
So when the results come out are they news or "other"?

The masked goatrider
21st Jun 2006, 07:02
Voting started today and finish tomorrow.

From what has been counted so far it looks like the old guard are gone and the members first boys will clean sweep the Bexley floor. The President and Federal Secretarty are definately gone. Bad luck Bruce, maybe you and Chris can have a cry together and I hear SK gives a nice warm hug to those in need. David, put your house in the wifes name.

Turbo 5B
21st Jun 2006, 07:18
Any news on numbers from the counting room.

The masked goatrider
21st Jun 2006, 08:28
That was from the counting room

Redstone
21st Jun 2006, 11:01
What percentage of votes counted so far?

BHMvictim
21st Jun 2006, 12:28
Wow! A change of the guard..... looks like everyones backsides finally get a rest:ok:

A Voice
21st Jun 2006, 13:32
Wow! A change of the guard..... looks like everyones backsides finally get a rest:ok:

A change of the guard? A quick call considering the vote is not completely counted yet. But cheer on. As for the backsides finally getting a rest. From what?? Screwing another union up the backside to get the support needed to overtake a hard working specialized union? Yeah, rest up your backsides, cause they must need it, and considering the HUGE backside access we will be getting if the "members first team" get in. They are used to backside access! Rally on girlies!

A Voice
21st Jun 2006, 16:10
David, put your house in the wifes name.

Why should this be??? I, for one, am so tired of in house fighting and threats that have no facts behind them.

*getting ready to sumit my resignation and being a HUGE voice for others to follow suit should the "members first team" get in!* :eek: (And I have a very HUGE voice! They will not have a membership to lead! Should the incumbent proceed to carry this election, I suggest some changes in communication! A small suggestion, but will keep the membership happy. As for the "members first to screw the membership team", idle promises, I don't think they are capable of, let alone do I trust them in, leading us into a very vulnerable future.

REALITY
21st Jun 2006, 22:23
[QUOTE=A Voice]
(And I have a very HUGE voice! )
Can't be too 'HUGE' if you all get voted out :{

The masked goatrider
22nd Jun 2006, 06:09
Lead the way out Fenec. The more that leave the more industrial officers that can be sacked. I can't see too many following though having heard the results.

Members first candidates successful 15
The old gaurd successful 1

Just wondering how many will follow you Mr Voice? Every senior official has been outvoted by approximately two votes to one. Eg current President 354 new President 835. Lead the way out, I think you will be able to fit the ones that will follow you onto your toolbelt. :D

Turbo 5B
22nd Jun 2006, 06:52
*getting ready to sumit my resignation and being a HUGE voice for others to follow suit should the "members first team" get in!* .

What are you saying, that you cant accept a democratic decision?
I'm going to take my bat and ball and go home.
Loser!:{

Annulus Filler
22nd Jun 2006, 07:45
Where can I see the official results goatrider???

Turbo 5B
23rd Jun 2006, 10:10
Go to reporting points and look at the thread "NEWSFLASH ALAEA ELECTION RESULTS".
It has all the ballot numbers.
Winners and losers.
And the winner is...................THE ASSOCIATION.