PDA

View Full Version : Departure Call Contrary To Circuit Direction??

Big Kev
8th Jun 2006, 03:11
Hi All,

Just wondering what your deperature call would be if departing contrary to circuit direction so for example.........

If the runways are 36/18 and your outbound track is 030 degrees then obviously you'd want to depart with an initial climb to 1500'AGL and then hook a right to get onto 030 degrees.

At the holding point of runway 36 would your call go something like this:

"Location traffic, Cessna 182 Alpha Bravo Charlie is rolling runway 36 for right turn departure to the north east climbing to 5500' " and then when on upwind say "Location traffic, Cessna 182 ABC is upwind runway 36 shortly right turn to track 030 passing 1000 climbing to 5500"?

Is that all good - I don't really like the CASA calls in there publication and am just wondering what others out there are saying if there departing contrary to circuit direction?

Thanks

BK

Chimbu chuckles
8th Jun 2006, 03:57
What about.

"ABC traffic, Cessna XYZ taxiing for rwy 36 ABC"

"ABC traffic, Cessna XYZ departed ABC 12, tracking 030, left 1500' climbing 5500"

KISS.

kimwestt
8th Jun 2006, 12:10
:= Read your AIP's - if you know what they are, and have them:bored:

Chimbu chuckles
8th Jun 2006, 15:09
Is that all good - I don't really like the CASA calls in there publication

Just out of curiosity where have you got the impression that what you like or don't like is actually a factor in how you work the wireless?

No Body
9th Jun 2006, 00:44
Just wondering what your deperature call would be if departing contrary to circuit direction

I would make an entering and back-tracking call with intentions (ie stating that I would make a right turn after take-off).

Then once airborne and climbing through 2000ft (circuit height + 500ft) I would make a call along the lines of: [location] traffic [callsign] [type] airborne runway 36, passing 2000, turning right to intercept 030 outbound [loaction]

I don't really like the CASA calls in there publication

Regardless of whether or not you like the requirements surely you realise that are still obligated to comply with them...