PDA

View Full Version : CPL/IR training in Cork.

bucko
8th Jun 2006, 02:17
Hi all, have done a search ref the above, just wondering if anyone out there has any personal experience of doing their CPL/IR at atlantic flight centre in Cork? I'm weighing up my final options for the professional stage of training and would appreciate any info as it's the only place on my list that I have very little feed back in any shape or form, ta.

captwannabe
8th Jun 2006, 10:52
Their website www.atlanticair.ie (http://www.atlanticair.ie) doesn't have much info, so email them for details. There probably isn't much info on these forums but do a search, and have a good look on the Flying In Ireland Forums too. Should be more info there.

I know one guy training with them, and know of a few others. They are happy with their training. I haven't trained with Atlantic, but I think that they are too small as they only have four aircraft. I know that demand for training is relatively high, so I would be worried about aircraft availability. I've talked with one of the instructors, and he made it clear that he would leave for a job with an airline provided he didn't have to pay for a TR. However, saying that, the students think the instructors are very dedicated. I found that the students didn't know much about the industry outside of Ireland.

Before you decide, visit Atlantic and talk with the instructors and students. If you want to train in Ireland, then I think PTC is probably the best of the bunch.

Good luck,
captwannabe
:ok: