PDA

View Full Version : ThomsonFly Training Course

TinyTom
7th Jun 2006, 22:41
Can anyone give me the low down? The what not to do's and the must do's!! I am very nervous yet exited at the same time. Any advice?

cheers,
TinyTom x

britanniaboy
8th Jun 2006, 00:25
Been a few years since I did my initial course.

There's some basic do's and dont's, but most of it's pretty much common sense: be on time, be prepared (everything they ask you to bring: passport, pen etc.) and be yourself.

TFly have a great group of trainers who are all on the line and will give you some good tips for once you get out there.

One thing I would say is don't make waves; just suck it up get on with it. Don't get into the whining about longhaul mode. If you're good at your job and don't make a name for yourself and keep a good attendance record (you can go sick, but don't take the p*ss) and there's space for the winter then you'll be kept on and get the longhaul.

The training is tough, but not half as bad as it was a few years ago. Far as I know it's all multi-choice compared to the written answers we had to do. Make sure you clue yourself up on anything that you get sent prior to the course.

The practicals can be fun: slide descent, lifejackets and liferafts (if you're going on the 757 and 767) and the training never gets too boring.

Most of all enjoy it! It could be a great few weeks if you go in with the right mindset and you'll make some friends that will be an excellent advantage for when you first start out on the line.

TinyTom
8th Jun 2006, 08:15
thank you! im very exited now :)
do you know the training course? do you get the accom for the weekends? ive noticed that in my training pack it doesnt state either way. im worried because i live almost 4 hours from EMA.
cheers
TinyTom x

TFlyguy
8th Jun 2006, 09:41
You only get accommodation whilst you are training - you are expected to travel home for your days off

britanniaboy
8th Jun 2006, 11:54
Where are you going to be based after training?

TinyTom
8th Jun 2006, 22:03
at CWL

x

crewboy123
9th Jun 2006, 09:00
when do you start training tom?