PDA

View Full Version : ALAEA How to vote info.

Turbo 5B
7th Jun 2006, 11:15
I received a how to vote form in the mail today that had the ALAEA logo on it.
I dont believe that it was from the union, does anyone have any info on it's origins?

company_spy
7th Jun 2006, 11:44
There are two camps vieing for the leadership of the ALAEA, the incumbent officials and a group called Members First. Both camps have sent out literature on how and who to vote for. If you like what the old guard has done for you vote for them if not give the new guys a try.

Silverado
7th Jun 2006, 12:33
It's uncanny how much it looks like the A.L.A.E.A's logo, but no! maybe the members first group should also use their own version of the logo.

This gives me just another reason to be unhappy with the, um hang on what's their name? Your future? Your A.L.A.E.A? Your Team? . Hey thats funny, they seem to be trying to pass themselves off as the A.L.A.E.A. Well the're not the A.L.A.E.A. Some of them may hold positions now, however after the election who know's.

Which ever way your inclined, just make sure you and all your collegues vote.

BTW www.youralaea.com is their site and there is a thread in D&G GA

Redstone
7th Jun 2006, 12:34
The encumbants being O'Rance and Heywood, the Members First teem being Purvinas and Cousins. As the Spy says, if you are happy with the last 4 years then by all means keep on the same horse. However if you are not, then the Members First group may be worth looking at.

But the most important thing is for [B]ALL [B] members to vote!

numbskull
7th Jun 2006, 12:50
The literature that appears to have the ALAEA logo is not in fact from the ALAEA.

It is VERY similiar to the ALAEA logo(with a small difference-the picture is the same but the writing is different) and comes from those that currently hold senior positions on the ALAEA.

Apparently the literature was funded by those senior ALAEA members and not from the ALAEA itself - at least that was what I was told from someone in their camp. Apparently they could use this logo because it hasn't been copyrighted.

You have to ask why they would try and pull the wool over people's eyes in this manner though.

BARON DRIVER
7th Jun 2006, 13:33
still, the new guys are proberly better than who you have now?

Redstone
7th Jun 2006, 22:06
They seem to think they have it won already. Using the assn logo (albeit in altered form) is a bit arrogant and presumptuous I think. Counting their chickens already?????

company_spy
8th Jun 2006, 01:26
Some of you blokes out there have got great eyesight, I did believe that the incumbents had sent out their how to vote on ALAEA letterhead good way to get people to believe that they have the full backing of the Association. On the other hand the Members First powerpoint presentation is a direct copy of the Save our Jobs presentation with a few changes to the wording.
It also seems that the Virgin and QF Regonal reps have a foot in both doors being supported by both Members First and Your ALAEA both groups seem to be saying they have them onboard their teams. A lot of money appears to be going into this vote catching exercise, maybe some questions need to be asked "Where's the money coming from". Time will tell whether it's more of the same or a whole new agenda.

Redstone
8th Jun 2006, 02:30
Interesting grouping of names that the encumbants are running with (eyebrows raised several times) however there are a few conspicuous in their absence....

History shows that a general apathy will prevail and they will probably be retained. :zzz:

company_spy
8th Jun 2006, 04:05
It's amazing, I've recieved more union literature in the last week than I have had in the last 20 years. Do the incumbents feel power slipping from their grasp? Are the new boys getting a bit cocky? With everthing that has been sent out there isn't a lot of substance to what anyone is saying. Tell us what you are going to do and how you are going to do it.
Give us the facts boys, just the facts!

Redstone
8th Jun 2006, 04:53
TELL 'EM THE PRICE SON!

company_spy
8th Jun 2006, 06:07
As they have already sold their soul it must be their first born child, barring that another crap EBA.