PDA

View Full Version : Who does J* want to compete with?

Sonny Hammond
7th Jun 2006, 08:34
Obviously the answer in Virgin Blue. Right?

Why then have the bureaucrats taken to not so subtle advertising inside the QF domestic terminal in Sydney?

Two models (real ones, though there didn't appear too much up top..) playing happy beach goers inside a window display at the surf shop in the aformentioned terminal!

Trying to lure QF's premium customers away? Why else advertise in the face of QF?

WTF?

GD: "Jetstar wont cannabalise mainline" What a crock!

Rod Eddington is on the money with his take on Majors setting up LCC's. They hurt the core business, lower yield etc etc..

airbusthreetwenty
7th Jun 2006, 09:13
Obviously the answer in Virgin Blue. Right?

Why then have the bureaucrats taken to not so subtle advertising inside the QF domestic terminal in Sydney?

Two models (real ones, though there didn't appear too much up top..) playing happy beach goers inside a window display at the surf shop in the aformentioned terminal!

Trying to lure QF's premium customers away? Why else advertise in the face of QF?

WTF?

GD: "Jetstar wont cannabalise mainline" What a crock!

Rod Eddington is on the money with his take on Majors setting up LCC's. They hurt the core business, lower yield etc etc..

:hmm:

The models are actually a part of the launch promotion of http://www.jetstar.com/holidays

They were supposed to be in the window of Beach Culture in Terminal 2 but Sydney Airport wouldn't allow them to be in the window. Probably because the shop is in the Virgin Blue wing.

whipping boy
7th Jun 2006, 09:28
Quoting the likes of Rod Eddington can only be a detriment to your arguement,if I may quote Rod Eddington from the 'Ansett News' March 2000.
"The announcement on Friday 18 February that Air New Zealand plans to increase its interest in Ansett Holdings Ltd to 100%,is good news for Ansett,our customers and our staff." I'll let the collective ppruners decide whether or not quotes from Sir Rod should hold any weight or placed along side those from fellow Oxford Scholar Bob Hawke.

Sonny Hammond
7th Jun 2006, 12:35
Fair point.
But I am not sure what bothers me most about that. Getting shot down quoting Sir Rod or that you have Ansett News copies next to your computer ready to quote from.

My point stands. And Jetstar pilots justifying it doesn't change the facts.