PDA

View Full Version : Cathay Cadet Stage 3 - Mgt Interview

dhiraj_mirch
7th Jun 2006, 02:47
Does anyone know the pass rate for the management interview (done before being sent to Adelaide for flight grading)?

Or do most candidates get through if they reach this stage?

LeoT
7th Jun 2006, 03:27
From what i read in CX Cadet selection details thread the pass rate is about 1 in 5. But I dont know how accurate that is. Are you at that stage already?

dhiraj_mirch
7th Jun 2006, 03:50
yes. i have my interview tomorrow.
so.. 1/5 candidates pass the mgt interview?
i cant seem to find that thread you mentioned. what's the threads title? "CX Cadet selection"?

LeoT
7th Jun 2006, 03:55
Cathay & Dragonair Information Directory, Including Interview Notes. New info 14 Feb/ CX Cadet Selection details.

Hope this helps you, good luck for tomorrow, do you have any pointers for me regarding what you've seen?

7th Jun 2006, 09:20
the last management interview in May was about 4/9, as there were 9 candidates, and 4 got through

dhiraj_mirch
7th Jun 2006, 10:30
hi guys .. thanks for the info.

Leo, regarding "Est. Pass rate of stage III is around ~ 1/5", I believe that is for the full day (panel int/ math/flight plan etc..), which is stage 3 (technically), and the management interview is stage 4. However, I could be wrong. :)

Thanks for the info though. I hope the odds are more towards 4/9 .. as stated by "14182"

will let you guys know how it goes. good luck to you too.

dhiraj_mirch
9th Jun 2006, 02:24
Leo, what stage are you at?

LeoT
9th Jun 2006, 03:53
1st stage next thu
any pointers?

dhiraj_mirch
9th Jun 2006, 04:32
they will ask you about the following:
- models and qty in cathay's fleet
- aircrafts cathay has booked
- cathay history
- why you want to be a pilot
- current job (why did you choose it / current duties/ challenges)
- plans 10years from now if you dont make it as a pilot
- what are your other options in aviation if the cadet prog doesnt fall through for you
- what have you done to prepare for this interview

they may ask some technical questions as well.. just to see what you know.. such as parts of aircraft/4 forces/perhaps even abot vortex created at wing tips.

read as much as you can.. and practice typical HR questions. ie: tell me about yourself?.. which really means.. what qualities do you have to make it as a pilot in cathay.

if you prepare enough your confidence will show during the interview. and that also plays a big part.

good luck

Martin Chan
12th Jun 2006, 07:12
When i was there the pass rated for the mangement interview was 5 out of 8!

Good luck!

Air Apparent
13th Jun 2006, 08:52
8 candidates were at my management interview, 7 got sent to Adelaide and 5 of us got onto the course.

Good luck

AA

seafood
14th Jun 2006, 07:28
Website of Qantas CPP says, even if you fail in the selection process, it does not mean you cannot be a pilot. It is just other candidates are more competitive than you.

K3nnyboy
16th Jun 2006, 07:26
Website of Qantas CPP says, even if you fail in the selection process, it does not mean you cannot be a pilot. It is just other candidates are more competitive than you.

that's totally right, and personally i think it also means that, the other candidates are more competitive than you ON the day of the selection, who knows what's gonna happen 2yrs down the track??
Take myself as an example, i failed this time around, but im gonna find another way to get myself there one day!

Minimums!
17th Jun 2006, 16:18
Hi Dhiraj check your pm's!

Minimums!