PDA

View Full Version : accom in kununurra

neck up
7th Jun 2006, 01:46
I will be arriving in town next week and was wondering if any ppruners had some leads.

If anyone knows of a room for rent or a share in house/unit I would be very grateful. I have swag so empty room or a bit of floor would be fine. Feel free to drop a pm if you know of anything going.

Thanks

neck up
8th Jun 2006, 00:26
Anybody?

I have a job, clean the skidmarks off the toilet after me, put the lid back on the toothpaste, pay rent in advance etc, etc.

tipan13
8th Jun 2006, 04:57
you can try an old friend of mine. His name is Neil Evans he maybe looking for a flat mate. He is a top bloke loves a beer or 2!
You may find him out the front of chicken treat.:ok:

boeingwest
8th Jun 2006, 05:33
Hey NECKUP. Mate I am very low hrs CPL, how long ago did you get work up in KNX? PLease PM me as I was told my operators up there season for hiring is,.... OVER. Cheers mate
BW

Classic Dick
8th Jun 2006, 05:50
If you get desperate try Kev Karaseck at the Hidden Valley Caravan Park.

disco_air
8th Jun 2006, 07:39
AVOID DEALING WITH THE REAL ESTATE AGENTS AT ALL COSTS

If you cant avoid it, NEVER tell them you are a pilot. Make up some half-truth. Also remove dead giveaways like massive watch, raybans etc :}

...Disco

lead_struggler
8th Jun 2006, 08:08
Too add to Disco's words of wisdom about the revolting real estate agent you'll be able to spot her becuase she:

has an ass like J-Lo
thinks that she's hot stuff because she's "a real-estate agent"
can't put a sentence together without some form of profanity, well at least not when I asked her if there were any places available for rent...As Disco said, don't mention the pilot bit, try and dress like a local and say your a tradie....

As Tipan mentioned Neil might be able to help you out... last time I saw him pfella was alon da short grass on um Mezzmate ehy! so try there if you can't find him at Chicken Treat.:ok:

disco_air
8th Jun 2006, 08:17
Also found around the side of Coles/Red Sun

http://www.myfoto.com.au/Photo/sdhbeveridge/h/Preview/Neil2.jpg

Pretty high up in Slingair too, if you want a job be nice to him.

...Disco

Horatio Leafblower
8th Jun 2006, 14:03
..... when I was there we lived in a house in the Uniting Church compound. We had the Fire Station siren tested every Saturday at 10am on one side and the happy-clappy baptists on the other rockin' fer jeeesus on the other each Sunday.

Was a revolving door there with Alligator, Ord Air, Belray and Wannabe passing through over the two years. ya can only ask!

Good luck.

.... oh an you still gottim one-arm-Ethel up dere? Puk she lub me in back ob Big Whaaat Taxi, eh... :ouch:

Dave Incognito
8th Jun 2006, 23:50
Neck up,

Mate accommodation in kunners can be a real bast@rd. Plenty of guys have done entire seasons living at the backpackers, in a caravan, and even some poor blokes who logged some serious tent time. The coles notice board often has ads for share houses, worth a try.

Disco,

Come on mate, you were there long enough to know you can pick a pilot in kunners a mile off no matter what dodgy lie they are pulling (“yeah I’m a mine engineer / tradie from Argyle” :rolleyes: ). 20 something y/o male with short hair, wearing clothes that aren’t available from Target Country, getting out of a car that isn’t a cruiser tray back is a bit of a give away. Failing that when you are seen standing ‘round the Tav in a group of 20 other guys that look exactly the same, your fate is sealed!

Who is feeding Neil wing dings these days? Has someone given him a jumper for the dry season?

neck up
9th Jun 2006, 07:22
Thanks for the help - coles notice board it is

cheers