PDA

View Full Version : WHEN WILL THIS INDUSTRY STICK TOGETHER???????

capt kickback
6th Jun 2006, 18:51
:rolleyes: Most of you on this site bag QF & VB!!....and of course J?Star........but when will you all NOW in this so called(AIRLINE? industry, talking PILOTS!!! here) PULL youre heads IN!!!!.....and stick together, and START dealing with what Really COUNTS???.......your pay, your conditions, your time off, your family ETC,ETC!!!!!..........After working in this industry for the past 20 years, both O/S and here in AUS, this industry has NEVER been at its F------ WORST!!!!!.......WHY, you may ask??... Because most of you CONTINUE to BELITTLE each other time & time again!!!!.....Instead of getting on & dealing with the current issues at hand!!........Everyones BAGGING each other!!!......Band together & STOP the B/S!!!!!!..........if you DO,NOT stand together this Industry,(as we ALL used to know IT!!...T&Cs....WISE!!!!) WILL BE HISTORY????.............AND every one of you INVOLVED WILL be worth nothing more a 3rd world itinerent!!!......or maybee its too late????........

YesTAM
6th Jun 2006, 21:32
Come on...Don't hold back.

PennyBenjamin
7th Jun 2006, 03:01
what ou say here is true. It has been said time and time before but it won't change. Those of us who share your ideology have to come to terms with the fact that this is a industry full of rich kids, bitches and dishonest people

YYWG
7th Jun 2006, 07:16
All very sadly true. But count the personalities, be it J* vs VB, anti-AOPA etc there are usually only a handful.

If we could shut them up perhaps our industry would be a fun place to be.

doubleu-anker
7th Jun 2006, 17:01
WHEN WILL THIS INDUSTRY STICK TOGETHER???????

To answer your question, NEVER.

That is why we are all being shafted.

ReportReady
8th Jun 2006, 06:57
Come on guys, it's never to late!

The Bunglerat
8th Jun 2006, 07:12
It's an issue that forever plagues this industry. There will never be solidarity amongst professional pilots when compared to other industries and their respective unions. We are infamous for undercutting, back-stabbing and selling ourselves out. It galls me to say it, but that's the way it seems to be.

To provide some perspective, and I mean no disrespect to the many hard-working men and women in other trades, but I think if I was a builder/labourer for example, I'd be more willing to call my employer's bluff when threatened, because at the end of the day it's a ****ty job in the first place - so I don't care. Well, I might care about a loss of income associated with losing my job, but the job itself was never going to inspire me.

On the other hand, I love being a pilot. It's more than just a job - it's a passion, something that I love to be a part of. When faced with the prospect of losing something so much more important to me than "just a job," how far would I be prepared to go in order to protect what little I have?

In principle, I believe in the concept of sticking together and supporting each other in our respective causes. Strangely enough, I suspect most of us do - until we actually have to put it to the test. And that's where it all starts to unravel. It's a worrying thought, and one that I wish I had a better answer..

PennyBenjamin
9th Jun 2006, 04:06
When faced with the prospect of losing something so much more important to me than "just a job," how far would I be prepared to go in order to protect what little I have?
I wish I had a better answer..
I understand what your saying, however this is exactly what this thread is mentioning. The fact that you may (i don't mean to point the finger) be willing to get shafted rather than loose your job. How many times have you heard of a pilot telling his/her boss to stick their job over wages or conditions??? never! Unless you (not you bungl) have the balls to stand up and be the first, and the next bloke honors your decision and asks for the same conditions the visious cycle continues.
I have personally quit a job over conditions and was given the 'there are twenty other guys waiting for you to make the door swing' and i made it swing. And the blokes who went in after me knowing the conditions i had asked for and were willing to undercut me will never get a reference from me. I have been asked my opinion on one of those guys by my CP and I had to say 'he is a roach'. What goes around eventually comes around and if we all stand tall we can win.
For those with expensive tickets eg.T/p or jet endorsements, ag flying tickets, pressurisation, c&training, maintainance approvals you begin to realise that the hassle of getting in someone new is often more expensive than granting the conditions that you are asking for.
Sometimes you have to say that this is 'a job' and treat it like that, or you will be screwed every time. Just because you enjoy your work, dosn't mean it isn't a job!!

Hugh Jarse
9th Jun 2006, 05:48
I have personally quit a job over conditions and was given the 'there are twenty other guys waiting for you to make the door swing' and i made it swing. And the blokes who went in after me knowing the conditions i had asked for and were willing to undercut me will never get a reference from me. I have been asked my opinion on one of those guys by my CP and I had to say 'he is a roach'. What goes around eventually comes around and if we all stand tall we can win.
You're not Robinson Crusoe there, Penny. You'd be surprised how many people have done the same. Myself included. In hindsight, it was the best move I ever made:} You have to take a stand sometimes:ok:

A lot of people in this industry don't realise the arse you kick on the way up the ladder just might be the one you have to kiss on the way back down:} :} I've seen it time and time again:8

It's a good thing we have long memories, eh?:E

CCA
9th Jun 2006, 06:18
Get rid of Seniority to start with, that way $$$ will be the driving factor and not the other way round. (I mean our pay would be going up due to supply and demand and not down due to us undercutting each other).

Apparently lawyers once had a seniority system which had them doing to each other what we do now. With no seniority they just go where they want whether it's job/lifestyle/$$$ or any combination.

Aussie
10th Jun 2006, 00:09
CCA,

I like that idea, but i dont see it happenin.

Stick together? Not when all these rich kids and spoiled brats are around...

forget it.

Aussie