PDA

View Full Version : EK Fatigue Survey

specialrider987
6th Jun 2006, 14:58
Fatigue Survey

Divisional Vice President of Flight Operations et al:

Your plan to gather data on fatigue in Emirates Airlines’ “Special Long Range Operations” is a waste of time.

You know, as do all the members of the Emirates Fatigue Risk Management System Steering Committee (one of whom is the force behind some compelling research and conclusions in several well accepted aviation related publications) that the issue is a complex one.

You also know:

The data has already been compiled.

Several reputed organizations, including RAES and NASA Ames Research Center, (who carried out a 10 year long study!) have all the data needed for decisive mitigation of fatigue despite its complexity.

You have myriad reports, admittedly anecdotal, from the Emirates ASR system.

Your latest survey is yet another anecdotal, subjective survey with no empirical basis. It is therefore doomed to failure, since you already ignore the ASRs. You are just dithering around like a bunch of ninnies.

You all know that senior management in the company refuse to heed any advice in their commercailly expedient profit driven frenzy.

In effect, the airlines’ customers run the airline. They are the ones who decide where, when, how often, and how much it is going to cost. You all just sit around responding to those factors, (market forces), and ignore the employees, especially the pilots.

Wake up and smell the coffee and stop pretending to give a sh-t about what the pilots in this company say. Go f--k yourselves with your fatigue survey and your “kiss my a-s” attitude towards this company’s operators.

Your insincerity is galling.

Muttley Crew
6th Jun 2006, 16:01
I'd like to nominate this for Post of the Year.

I especially enjoyed:Go f--k yourselves with your fatigue survey and your “kiss my a-s” attitude towards this company’s operators.
That made me laugh my guts out but then I realised it is, sadly, no laughing matter.

I've held the same opinion regarding the policy on fatigue and crew numbers on long-haul flights ever since about four years ago when they asked us to wear those wrist-mounted wank-o-meters. But it's good to see someone sum it all up so efficiently.

I guess that if we don't participate in the survey, the problem will be deemed to have "gone away." Magically, it would seem.

EK Pilot
6th Jun 2006, 16:36
You f----ed me by your ridiculous factoring policies and flogged me to the limit. You have pushed me so hard that I have been falling asleep inadvertantly and staying awake all night and, after a year of this, you then discover that I am not available to fly that much because I have hit the limit. After I am now down to a relatively low number of hours each month and a large number of days off, you then give me a fatigue survey to fill in..... :rolleyes:

alwayzinit
6th Jun 2006, 17:13
The UK CAA and NASA have a program called SAFE (system for aircrew fatigue evaluation).

I think it can be downloaded on the CAA website. Just enter your roster and it comes out with a colour coded read out. Self explanatory and very compelling.

As I understand it all UK operators have a copy, whether they use it....:confused:

Alwayzinit

slugmaster
6th Jun 2006, 21:30
I think it can be downloaded on the CAA website.

Can you write a link to the file pls? I can not find it... :{

alwayzinit
8th Jun 2006, 10:41
slugmaster.

Sorry but being a complete ludite ...... suggest you email UK CAA and try and get a copy that way, sorry that I cannot be more help.:{

Alwayz

I8QR
8th Jun 2006, 12:45
http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CAP371.PDF
Hi this may help !!!
I an as you can see a pilot with Qatar Skareways and although this study was done Qr ignored it as "£$% you know what??:} :yuk: