PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Crew to Ground Crew

Sylphie
6th Jun 2006, 05:25
Has anyone gone down this path? I got to the last part of the Recruitment day with Virgin Blue for a Cabin Crew role but was contacted yesterday and informed they wouldn't require anything further from me. :sad:

I would love to be involved with this company, ideally as a F/A but as I cannot apply for that 'til May next year I thought I would push for Guest Services. Was wondering if anyone had any insight to the recruitment day for guest services?

Thanks heaps for any replies in advance! There must be someone out there who knows! ;)

High-Flying-Adored
6th Jun 2006, 07:09
Hiya,

I have worked entirely on the ground for two companies now.

A word of warning would be, if want to work for DJ, apply only through DJ and not any of those recruitment agencies. Life is apparently alot easier if you are working for the airline (and you get the flying benefits) and the company views you in a different light.

As too the recruitment process, both of the companies i have and am working for it has been a straight out interview or two, followed by a medical. I pretty sure it is the same deal at DJ. I know that CX have recently been looking at expanding thier ground staff at SYD, Hasn't been adverstised though and it is only for 20hr per wekk positions.

You might want to also try some of the bigger ground handling companies such as Menzies. I would steer clear of Aerocare though, unless you don't like money.

hfa

milbud
8th Jun 2006, 07:52
Hi Sylphie, sorry to hear you didn't get through! take heart that you got as far as you did though, that indicates that you are a strong contender.
As far as going for ground crew, think seriously about it first. Remember that the DJ recruitment team is a fairly small department and you may well see the same interviewers on your ground crew recruitment day, and they do remember faces.
Similarly expect that they will ask the big question, so you have applied for CC as well, which position do you want the most?
I know this one from experience!
Drop me a msg for more info, but do think about it carefully, the ground crew interviews are little different to the CC ones, they expect and look for similar traits through all their team, baggage handlers(pit crew) included so it is just as competitive.

Cheers.
:ok:

Sylphie
9th Jun 2006, 03:26
Wow, Milbud. How did you respond when they asked you that? I guess there is no real way of justifying it, apart from wanting to work for Virgin Blue? It's like, Of course I want CC more than the other role but I need to think of how to get there, even if it means working my butt off to get there a little later than expected. Hehe. :(

Thanks everyone who has PMed me or replied to any of my threads! :O

skyhigh782
11th Jun 2006, 14:33
Hey does any one know of the agencies that recruit for adelaide ground staff?

milbud
13th Jun 2006, 09:34
Heya Skyhigh, if you are referring to ADL Virgin Blue ground crew, they are employed directly throught the Virgin Blue recruitment site, which you can access through the DJ main web site under. Under "about us" there is a section marked jobs.
Good time to apply for ground crew! so many are leaving and transferring to Cabin Crew.

Cheers.

Sylphie
13th Jun 2006, 10:51
Anyone been to the Recruitment Day for Guest Services with DJ?
As far as the 'computer tests' go, is it more related to being able to navigate a computer confidently, or more about words per minute?

:bored: