PDA

View Full Version : International flying positions.....

otter712
6th Jun 2006, 03:59
Gentleman,

I am hoping that someone out there can give me some valuable advice on the following matter:

For years now I have been working on meeting the requirements and building my resume to qualify for an international position flying helicopters on a 4 weeks rotation schedule (or longer). I have traveled for the last 15 years including working in 10 different countries. I have an us green card and 2 European passports(dual citizenship). I am familiar with the cultural differences and aware that most of the times abroad you will spend your time in a secure camp/environment.

I have done some research. I seem to be a little short on hours for CHC global, Bristow , Air log int and Gulf helicopters. There might be more established reputable companies out there that I am not aware of. I am currently in possession of a FAA ATP(H) license with 2400 hrs, 1200 turbine from which 300 hrs twin turbine PIC.

I happen to really like the longer rotation schedules since it allows you to live anywhere in the world and still have a career in an industry I deeply enjoy. I have worked off-shore for 15 years and it is an industry I feel at home at, so as far as I am concerned it is the perfect solution for me.

I would deeply appreciate the opinions and advice from my more experience colleagues on the matter. Thanks in advance.

F.D.