PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with TACA.

a320skybus
6th Jun 2006, 01:37
I have herd all the pilots at TACA are leaving ,or want to leave WHY is it that BAD. I wanted to join TACA but not sure after all the rumors.Whats the problem is it the pay or management.. Thank you any advice will help.

longago9
6th Jun 2006, 04:33
a320skybus,

You can find information on the thread below regarding TACA and some of their conditions. I would really recommend you to think twice before joining this so called company...

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=227701

longago9

FEDENO
6th Jun 2006, 13:31
Which nationalities TACA do accept pilots?Only Central Americans?

Pilotslave
6th Jun 2006, 19:36
If your objective is to build A320 time:} and then move on to a REAL AIRLINE then TACA is OK. Working conditions are below average they treat you like a Dog:{ Lower management is the problem they think they own the company. Chief Pilot hahahahaha hes from STAR WARS, Pay your better off working at McDonalds. I've been working for TACA for about 3years and will be leaving soon. :D

a320skybus
7th Jun 2006, 06:18
how much money does a first officer make working for taca.

Fulkrum
24th Jun 2006, 23:48
Which nationalities TACA do accept pilots?Only Central Americans?You'll have to be from Central America, when I called they told me they didn't have any openings, after a brief conversation I suggested to stop by and drop off my resume and told them I am from there, the mood changed quite rapidly and was shown a little more interest and was told there would possibly be some openings soon.

My respects for the fine gentlemen who labor for TACA, and do feel for them about the way they have been treated by "lower management". Sadly... the ineptness of lower management is not necessarily attenuated by economics such as here in the U.S. You should see the kind of power an untrained and unneficient $8.00/hr "Rampie" has over a pilot here in the States, If you do decide to go over to Central America and earn your living as a pilot... Be prepared to be respected a little more by the general public, be prepared that people are more down to earth, be prepared to eat more delicious foods, be prepared to live a simpler life.

I'm really looking forward to being hired on with these folks, as I said earlier I personally dropped my own resume at their Guatemala office, they ask for 1500TT and your ATP, forget about the 1500 PIC 121 stuff, no such thing as a 4 year college degree from a recognized university (I guess they require such thing here in the states so that they know "you've contributed to the local economy by going in debt $80K in student loans").

I agree with what I've read from other threads... "Get a business on the side and use your flying money for play only". The pay is probably not the greatest anymore, "The Dream" has died because "Corporate America" killed it, but try to enjoy yourself "Living the Dream". Remember... "we are Aviators as we are Professionals... we are Dreamers as we are Airline Pilots".

You can post your e-mail here and I will gladly give you more information including key phone numbers and emails to individuals in TACA. Because of all the drama and crap that I read here....I don't really visit the forums that often because it depresses me and I'll probably finish up with a couple of drinks by the time I'm done reading the first thread. (Imagine what it could do to my health if I visited the forums daily...!!! LOL)

Personally I'd rather earn little and still do what I love because I do it with passion... Being in this profession for a couple of years now I've taken money out of the picture and adjusted my life to what my job pays me. "New Car"??? "new condo"??? not for me, I've learned to live in a very simple way, you create your own mood I guess :ok:

Good luck to you, and follow your professional dream no matter where it takes you, it is still a noble profession, make the best of it!!!

Cheers to all!!!:}

Pilotslave
25th Jun 2006, 01:20
Make sure you apply for chief pilot or some lower management position:8 YOUR PERFECT:confused: and don't forget to where your sign around your neck.....................................................:D :D :D :D WILL FLY FOR FOODDDDDDDDD:D :D :D :D

Panama Jack
25th Jun 2006, 07:45
Fulkrum, I do wish you luck in this venture.

I can tell you that there are a lot of people who have been through the experience that you have been through (with intest shown by local employers). However, I discourage you from holding your breath.

Fulkrum
25th Jun 2006, 21:02
Make sure you apply for chief pilot or some lower management position:8 YOUR PERFECT:confused: and don't forget to where your sign around your neck.....................................................:D :D :D :D WILL FLY FOR FOODDDDDDDDD:D :D :D :D

See... people like you have made this industry miserable, with your greed, good for nothing pride... and lack of good character won't bring you anything but regrets for choosing this profession.

Learn how to write and double check your spelling next time, I might be a bit blunt by pointing this out, on the other hand... If I ignore it, I would only reinforce your ignorance.

Cheers!!!!

Fulkrum
25th Jun 2006, 21:06
Fulkrum, I do wish you luck in this venture.

I can tell you that there are a lot of people who have been through the experience that you have been through (with intest shown by local employers). However, I discourage you from holding your breath.

The whole idea about becoming a pilot is a gamble, it took me 15 years to land my first job because I struggled funding my flight training, at the end I don't owe a thing, what makes you think I won't take a job that pays me about the same, flying something bigger, without having to pay for a crash pad and mortgage in another state???? See my point here?

Panama Jack
26th Jun 2006, 19:02
Yes, but I think you are missing mine. Well, good luck anyways.

a320skybus
28th Jun 2006, 15:59
Your writing stinks and you have the mind of a 3rd grader. U.S. company's require 4 year degrees to keep people like you away. FreeloaderYou'll have to be from Central America, when I called they told me they didn't have any openings, after a brief conversation I suggested to stop by and drop off my resume and told them I am from there, the mood changed quite rapidly and was shown a little more interest and was told there would possibly be some openings soon.

My respects for the fine gentlemen who labor for TACA, and do feel for them about the way they have been treated by "lower management". Sadly... the ineptness of lower management is not necessarily attenuated by economics such as here in the U.S. You should see the kind of power an untrained and unneficient $8.00/hr "Rampie" has over a pilot here in the States, If you do decide to go over to Central America and earn your living as a pilot... Be prepared to be respected a little more by the general public, be prepared that people are more down to earth, be prepared to eat more delicious foods, be prepared to live a simpler life.

I'm really looking forward to being hired on with these folks, as I said earlier I personally dropped my own resume at their Guatemala office, they ask for 1500TT and your ATP, forget about the 1500 PIC 121 stuff, no such thing as a 4 year college degree from a recognized university (I guess they require such thing here in the states so that they know "you've contributed to the local economy by going in debt $80K in student loans").

I agree with what I've read from other threads... "Get a business on the side and use your flying money for play only". The pay is probably not the greatest anymore, "The Dream" has died because "Corporate America" killed it, but try to enjoy yourself "Living the Dream". Remember... "we are Aviators as we are Professionals... we are Dreamers as we are Airline Pilots".

You can post your e-mail here and I will gladly give you more information including key phone numbers and emails to individuals in TACA. Because of all the drama and crap that I read here....I don't really visit the forums that often because it depresses me and I'll probably finish up with a couple of drinks by the time I'm done reading the first thread. (Imagine what it could do to my health if I visited the forums daily...!!! LOL)

Personally I'd rather earn little and still do what I love because I do it with passion... Being in this profession for a couple of years now I've taken money out of the picture and adjusted my life to what my job pays me. "New Car"??? "new condo"??? not for me, I've learned to live in a very simple way, you create your own mood I guess :ok:

Good luck to you, and follow your professional dream no matter where it takes you, it is still a noble profession, make the best of it!!!

Cheers to all!!!:}

JAVICREW
28th Jun 2006, 23:25
I know it must be bad for the pilots at TACA and hope that things
get better, Just being curious on any Airbus deliveries for TACA?

How do they get the A/C delivered to El Salvador, I mean, what
pilots do they use or are the pilots from Airbus?

Fulkrum
28th Jun 2006, 23:34
Your writing stinks and you have the mind of a 3rd grader. U.S. company's require 4 year degrees to keep people like you away. Freeloader
You had to be a California CAPI!!! How dare you calling me a FREELOADER, you have no idea how much I've invested in my career, I doubt you'll have the cojones to call me that in person, I'll put you thru a f****ng wall, besides... what are you doing looking for a job in Latin America????
Labor is too hard for you in those countries, you're better off staying in the states so that you don't get hurt or break your nails....

Fulkrum
28th Jun 2006, 23:39
Your writing stinks and you have the mind of a 3rd grader. U.S. company's require 4 year degrees to keep people like you away. Freeloader

Sad to see that they don't enforce spelling in college LOL, and that was how much???? $80k...??? (I'd suggest a refund...!!!)

Cheers Komrade!!!

Fulkrum
28th Jun 2006, 23:54
I know it must be bad for the pilots at TACA and hope that things
get better, Just being curious on any Airbus deliveries for TACA?

How do they get the A/C delivered to El Salvador, I mean, what
pilots do they use or are the pilots from Airbus?

I've seen pictures of the TACA Airbuses with an F-**** or a D-**** registration, I know for a fact they're flying 321's because just the other day we were taxiing behind one at MIA, as far a crews go... they gotta be frenchies or from the EU.

Check out their website www.taca.com (http://www.taca.com) and read up on news, they might have something regarding their future aircraft deliveries.

Cheers!!!!!!

taildrag
2nd Jul 2006, 06:13
TACA, founded in 1931 by an eyepatch adorned New Zealander,Lowell Yerex, comprised airlines in several Central American nations.

Sometime around the 1960s or "70s, I believe, TACA was based in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. The pilots were organized by US ALPA, and TACA was, I believe, the smallest airline in that union.

If fading memory serves, at one point the New Orleans operation had two BAC-111s, three Lockheed Electras, and two Boeing
737-200s.

After some political changes at home in El Salvador, the then owners (I'm not sure if the present Kriete family owned it then) moved the airline back to El Salvador, where pilots took huge pay cuts and earned Salvadoran wages, ALPA pilots no more.

Since then, the airline has formed Grupo TACA, and is agressively moving into code shares with US majors, and into new markets .

Guess the pilots are still on the losing end, from the posts here.

This is ironic for me, because one of my fellow pilots at a US regional turboprop airline here in about 1992 said he'd turned down a TACA offer because of low pay(about $US 500/month, as I recall). I advised he take the job and look at it like they were paying him to go to school on the 737-300. That's what some TACA pilots today seem to be doing with the A-320.

I remember some years ago a skillful TACA crew deadsticked a brand new 737 on a flood levee in New Orleans (apparently those Katrina notorious levees were good for something!) after both engines failed in heavy rain. After the plane was examined, they flew it off the levee!

And just think, all that at these prices?:ouch:

Fulkrum
2nd Jul 2006, 21:42
http://aviation-safety.net/database/record.php?id=19880524-0&lang=en