PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Crew info needed

donnam
5th Jun 2006, 14:56
Hello all

I'm looking for some help. I'm a teacher and as I'm an ex flight attendant I have been asked to cover the last part of a Cabin Crew course as their teacher has just started maternity leave. As it's the last part of the course they need help preparing for interviews. As I gave up working as crew a few years ago I thought I'd put a post up and ask all of you people who have recently been on interviews to please give me an insight into what happened on the day and what questions you were asked so I can lead them in the right direction. They will all be applying for numerous airlines so info on any airline would be great.

Thanks in advance:)

Getoutofmygalley
6th Jun 2006, 13:53
Hi Donnam

If you browse thru this forum you will find lots of information relating to lots of different airlines. One little pointer for you, look for the thread labelled "EasyJet Assessment Day" :)

T4Turtle
6th Jun 2006, 14:09
"How would you rate yourself out of ten?"
can someone guess the right answer for me? :}
"What are your strong points?"
"What are your weak points?"
"What do you know about our airline?"
"Why do you want this/change career?"
"Do you have family or friends who work as cabin crew?"
"How would you fit in with our lifestyle?"
"Tell me about real life examples of your good customer service (or similar). What happened, and what did you do?"
"How long do you intend to fly for?"
"Are you happy with your current employer?"
"Can you think of any negative issues with your current or past employers?"
Good Luck!

VBirdy
7th Jun 2006, 18:20
Check this site: www.ukinternationalairlines.com (http://www.ukinternationalairlines.com)
Is this a real airline? because it's a picture of a United Airlines Boeing.:confused:

TightSlot
8th Jun 2006, 08:47
Is this a real airline? because it's a picture of a United Airlines Boeing.:confused:
This person is attempting to use PPRuNe for recruitment for an airline that does not yet exist - all advice should be taken with extreme caution.

SkySista
8th Jun 2006, 09:24
They didn't even bother to remove the Airliners.net copyrigh -if I took that photo I'd be kicking someone's ass!!! :E :p

Some questions asked of me included...

What frustrates you?

If you were still an FA in XX years would you be disappointed?

Tell us about a time you had to break a rule. Why? Would you do it again?

Would you rather give orders, or take them?

Have you ever had to deal with an emergency? What did you do? How did you feel?

What are three words that describe you?

How do you deal with repetitive work?

etc etc... if I think of any more I will post them...

donnam
8th Jun 2006, 16:29
For all those that have answered so far a huge thank you. If anyone has any more information would be greatly appreciated.:)

abumaria
20th Jun 2006, 11:08
I have checked the aircarft its B767-200, no doubt in it.

GalleyChick
20th Jun 2006, 17:11
I remember one of the questions I got asked was:

"There isn't much room for promotions as cabin crew, how do you feel about working the same job day in day out".

I simply answered about the onboard promotions being enough of an opportunity to advance and gain experience.