PDA

View Full Version : Part Time Working

Aussie_Pilot
5th Jun 2006, 14:05
Hi Guys

hope don't be missundertand this time...
can everyone tell me if there is some flying work opportunity across Australia with a part time permission of work? ( Up to 20 hours per week)
how many generally i'm required to fly?

Thanks.
Carmine

apache
5th Jun 2006, 22:37
I believe that 20 hrs per week would accumulate to 1040 per year, thus exceeding CAO48 limit of 900 (or 1000 with dispensation).
By doing the MAXIMUM hours per year, then one could hardly be called "PART TIME".

Upgraded
5th Jun 2006, 23:23
I think what our friend is getting at is the fact that a requirement of his study visa is that he is only allowed to accept work on a part time basis (20 hours a week max). That 20 hours is both work in the air (flying) and on the ground that he would be paid for. Assuming he is being paid :suspect:

Aussie_Pilot: "the priority is the hour bulding so in last chante, i could work for free..."

I think your best bet aussie_pilot is to pay someone to let you fly for them, and thus keep you off the books. :ok:

maxgrad
6th Jun 2006, 07:20
Maybe this......individual....(for want of another term), doesn't realise that you will only be paid for flight time as a casual and the gardening, car washing, cleaning, phone answering, shopping, and any other general leg work is not included in your pay until a later stage.

disco_air
6th Jun 2006, 09:00
think your best bet aussie_pilot is to pay someone to let you fly for them, and thus keep you off the books.

Dont say that! He'll take you seriously! :(

Aussie_Pilot,

To get an entry level job you will have to move out of the cities. Whether this is part-time, casual or fulltime, that is up to the individual companies (and your luck). So get your resume together, pack your bags and head north, stopping by all the companies with aeroplanes.

And DON'T work for free. Ever.

....Disco

Reverseflowkeroburna
6th Jun 2006, 11:33
Upgraded...............I must have misunderstood.......Did you just suggest that Aussie pay them for his time and efforts????? :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Surely you jest??

I guess you must be the 'John' who advetised in The Australian a while back! :ugh:

BARON DRIVER
8th Jun 2006, 12:57
Pay for a job hey!

People who take this line to getting work are the lowest form of pilot around in my book.
Wanna know whats wrong with GA well here is a good start.

People who are paying for rides are screwing this job for everyone in it?

The sad thing is i have met people who have done this, and they think it is ok, i give them a different veiw on things!

Sure work part time but make sure you get paid!