PDA

View Full Version : China Airlines Applications

She'l Be Rite
5th Jun 2006, 03:16
Hi all, Just wondering who out there has applied to China Airlines in the past few years and as to what correspondance they received... both those who went further on to an interview and those who didn't.
Got the stock standard response, "application received, look forward to contacting you in the future... yada yada", which was soon followed by what seemed to be an email of interest in my experience. Just wondering if this is also the "norm".
Cheers,
SBR

R.Cruizo
5th Jun 2006, 07:52
SBR,
I've got a similar story. I applied in Jan. Filled in their application form and update every couple of months. No further interest beyond my initial application.
Apparently they are quite short of crew, loosing lots of expat crew but are still only looking at applicants with Jet time!!
A collegue of mine inside rekons they'd rather park aeroplanes up against the fence rather upgrade an expat Turbo-prop driver.

Sometimes I wonder about this so called " Pilot Shortage".

RC

gas-chamber
5th Jun 2006, 07:56
Whatever you do, do not bullsh!t to these guys. They do follow up references and they do ask your most recent or current employer for authentication of the hours you claim to have, and whether as capt or f/o etc.
Then they do make an offer within a month or so, if they are going to.
Anybody who has applied there and told them porkies at the interview is fooked.

She'l Be Rite
5th Jun 2006, 10:23
Thanks Gas Chamber, however it wasn't a question of application integrity, just some previous experiences oz drivers have had.

I wouldn't expect people to apply if they didn't meet the requirements... off shore airline or not.

:ok:

gas-chamber
5th Jun 2006, 11:49
Sorry, I wasn't implying that those who have applied would be silly enough to cook the books to get a job in far off lands, although there are surely some out there who would consider the temptation. I intended to merely warn that CAL will contact your boss for verification before they make an offer. The porkies could be the sickie pulled to go for the interview.... hmm....? In other words, to get a job with these guys, you have to be up front with your present Company or you will come unstuck.