PDA

View Full Version : Headin to Oz-: When?/Where?/What?

CHR1S
3rd Jun 2006, 23:09
I know this topic has a few threads, but I cant seem to find the specific info I'm after,so here goes...

I'm seriously considering catching the next flight to Perth but wanted to know firstly if thats the best place to start? (then head up the coast to wherever?!)

Also,whens the 'busy' seasons for dropping/charter/instruction in oz? ie:- when would be the best time to jump the ditch for an entry level job??

Was considering doing a 206 rating and a few hours PIC prior to leaving to help with me chances of getting into a charter position,do you guys reckon that'd be essential or just an advantage?

I've got 600TT,Command MEIR & current,Grade 3 (NZ C-Cat) with 200+ instruction if it helps,

Thanks in advance!

disco_air
4th Jun 2006, 01:07
Head to the Kimberley / Top End, my friend (Broome to Darwin and everything in between). Many of your Kiwi brethren do the same and it works out well. You may need to wait until next year however!

All the best.

...Disco

Capt Claret
4th Jun 2006, 01:42
I doubt instructional work is as seasonal as say tourist work in the Top End.

Dry season is here, yeee haaaaa, and the time to be in the Top End networking for a job, was last year, so now would be good for next year, or, you might just be Johnny on the spot.

Oh, and just a thought, don't use grammar such as that below in your applications. Was considering doing a 206 rating and a few hours PIC prior to leaving to help with me chances of getting into a charter position