PDA

View Full Version : Manx2 Airways

captainyonder
3rd Jun 2006, 10:50
Tickets seem to have gone on sale but still no confirmation of A/C type. Nice little web site though, very professional, more than can be said for the other "airline" operating BLK-IOM-BHD.

jethro15
3rd Jun 2006, 11:03
'Our flights are operated by BASe Air Kft'

Budapest Air Services LET-410's

atprider
5th Jun 2006, 06:32
Hmmm, that sounds hopeful. Nice site though and as commented above, a little more professional than BNW Bob has to offer.

skiddyiom
5th Jun 2006, 09:03
Thanks Jethro, I was wondering who BASe Air Kft was.

skiddy

San Expiry
5th Jun 2006, 09:29
15 min turnarounds - 'Hmmm, that sounds hopeful' - not with 2 passengers! And more shady foreign registered aircraft operating from the Rock. I'm sure the CAA is going to be extremely interested in Hungarian Let 410s along with Austrian Dashes and Irish ATRs. What a hive of international aviation IOM is becoming.:D

skiddyiom
5th Jun 2006, 11:57
15 minute turnrounds may be a touch of wishful thinking as they have scheduled some departures and arrivals at rush hour. Makes you wonder where these aircraft are going to park. And if the IOM will aquire any more busses, preferably ones that can take a full 146 load of pax.

That is, of course, if the CAA don't pull the plug on LET-410's :}

skiddy

MEON VALLEY FLYER
5th Jun 2006, 12:53
So what is it with the let 410's.

I know the latest model are JAA certified. What's the problem with earlier ones. ??

Manxman11
5th Jun 2006, 13:37
I notice they've gone the FlyBe route and charge you per piece of baggage you check in unless you purchase their most expensive fare (Manx Gold). :hmm:

Blue Island - previously Rockhopper -(the company apparently behind Manx 2) have tried to charter in Let 410's before for their ops in the Channel Islands, see here:

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/589/Table_of_leases.pdf

GBALU53
5th Jun 2006, 15:10
MANXMAN

The only connection is that Noel Hayes was involved with Blueislands/Rockhopper up until the biggining of this year and has no connection with them now:ok: ,

When Rockhopper were looking at differant aircraft the Let 410 was one of them but from what we heard it was going to be a big battle with the CAA on operating them.

Judging by other peoples comments on the Let 410 it has not gone away and the CAA take deep interest when British Companies start operating foreign registered aircraft.

It is sad when you see an airline thats on your door step closing down as per Emerald and the interest the CAA had with them before the plug was pulled.

So if companies stick by the recommendations to operate new companies can make it.

Hansol
6th Jun 2006, 07:45
15 min turnarounds at RWY !! I haven't laughed so much in a long time. Has anyone told the muppets who load the luggage and drive the buses.:)

tallaonehotel
6th Jun 2006, 09:51
I have just wiped myself down after reading this!.
I enjoyed Jim Henson's creations, Kermit and co have far more brains than Ronaldsway's baggage loaders!.

"Poxy new airline at a poxy wee airport on a daft wee island that thinks it is the centre of the universe".

touch&go
6th Jun 2006, 19:13
Well us Keenair guy managed 15 minute turn arounds no problem, but we were good, and one of the guys even use to fix a computer systems in that time 'Haha Hehe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those were the days.

skiddyiom
7th Jun 2006, 07:35
Well, I am reliably informed by my mole in the handling agents that 15 minute turnrounds are quite possible. However, it does depend on a couple of other factors, some of which may have been mentioned earlier :}

skiddy