PDA

View Full Version : Pprune Logon

Monopole
3rd Jun 2006, 07:33
Most of the time when I 'Log in' onto Pprune, I can do so without any problems. However, when I try to reply to a post it nearly always says "Not logged in". This much of it I can handle. However lately, I have been able to get to the 'Reply' page, type out a speil, and when it comes time to submit it, it is then I get the 'Not logged in" message. :mad: :mad: :mad:

The last few times, my 'Reply' was lenghtly as they were on a subject I am fairly passionate about. Is the Log in time limited? The few posts I have made without any trouble have been reasonably short. I have adjusted the security settings on my computor in the hope that that may fix the problem but to no avail. :ugh:

Any computor savvy Ppruner able to give me a hand

Thanks in advance :ok:

Led Zep
3rd Jun 2006, 08:16
Usually it is because your browser doesn't have cookies enabled. Simple check:

If you are using Firefox, do this:
Tools
Options
Privacy - Click the "Cookies" tab
Check the box, "Allow sites to set cookies" is checked.

For Internet Explorer:
Tools
Internet Options
Privacy - Check the slider is set to, "Medium" or less.

I strongly recommend Firefox over IE if you are still using that.

See if that fixes anything. :ok:

Woomera
3rd Jun 2006, 08:38
Monopole There was a problem when PPRuNe first upgraded to the new software but Danny tweaked something - adjusted the oil cooled choke cable to the thronomister I think - and theres been no hassles since.

Ask the question in the PPRuNe's Computer/Internet Forum (http://www.pprune.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46).

No use asking any of the Woomera - we retain a 10 year old school kid to fix our computer problems. :}

If you can't solve the problem email or PM me and I'll pose the question at the Admin bar.

Sunny Woomera

RENURPP
3rd Jun 2006, 09:20
A quick and unrelated question, which state are/is Sunny Woomera located.

I always get a laugh when our friends in QLD think their state is sunny. Rains 2 out of every three days. So i guess you are from the NT or WA

No Further Requirements
3rd Jun 2006, 11:52
Mildura???

Lord Snot
4th Jun 2006, 10:08
For Internet Explorer:
Tools
Internet Options
Privacy - Check the slider is set to, "Medium" or less.

See if that fixes anything. :ok:
My settings (IE) are as above BUT whenever in my workplace, where there is a proxy server, I have the same problem as monopole has. Constantly getting logged out whenever I switch pages. Works fine whenever away from base.

Any other suggestions???

topdrop
4th Jun 2006, 10:44
I had problems with prune - having to log in all the time. I tried different settings as suggested, still couldn't get it to recognise me each time. I changed browser to Firefox and have had no problems since.

Naughty S
5th Jun 2006, 03:36
Has done this to me a few times too :mad:

Go to desktop open a new word file type to hearts content and then copy/cut and paste once ur logged on. Doesnt matter about being booted off or logged out then :O

Cheers
N

tinpis
5th Jun 2006, 05:07
There are folks out there that ARENT using Firefox :ooh: :confused:

Monopole
5th Jun 2006, 09:12
I have played around with the settings, so lets see if we have an improvement. It could well have been that the privacy settings were set too high :\ :\

In a callous sort of way I was glad to here other people experiencing similar problems as I was starting to think it was my computor.

Thanks for everyones help :ok: :ok:

topdrop
5th Jun 2006, 11:05
There are folks out there that ARENT using Firefox :ooh: :confused:
Never had the need to change til my logon problems. Now there's no way I'd go back to IE - Firefox is so much better :cool: