PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Prop pilot.

Springbok 495
2nd Jun 2006, 17:13
Hey guys!!!;)

Im from SAfrica and would like to ask a favour from anyone that might be able to help... Im looking for the names of charter companies in the Middle East that would employ turbo prop co-pilots....

Can anyone PLEASE help me???

Panama Jack
2nd Jun 2006, 20:16
Depends on your experience and background of course, but in the northwestern part of the Gulf Region, but in Dammam, Saudi Arabia, Saudi Aramco has hired experienced DHC-8 First Officers, and in Bahrain the DHL contractor operates a fleet of Metroliners.

If you have ATR experience, Oman Air may be interested in talking with you also, although I have no ideas on their requirements. Donīt know what goes on in the UAE.

Springbok 495
3rd Jun 2006, 08:33
Thanks Panama Jack ! I appreciate it.:ok:

I would greatly appreciate it if any one reading this thread that does know of a company would plz give a bit of info.. Thanks a mil!!

Chereo Sprigbok 495

slugmaster
3rd Jun 2006, 11:33
Gulf Air takes TP pilots... :ok:

masalama
4th Jun 2006, 09:36
In Dubai, there's Falcon Express flying Beech-1900's and a F-27 ....I think their website's www.feca.bz ....best of luck:ok:

FLY PASS
6th Jun 2006, 17:48
In Dubai, there's Falcon Express flying Beech-1900's and a F-27 ....I think their website's www.feca.bz ....best of luck:ok:

How is it buddy,long time
Plse email me [email protected]
Cheers

masalama
6th Jun 2006, 19:30
fly pass check ur pms

tracon
6th Jun 2006, 20:42
Hi Springbok.

Thanx for bringing that question up, also looking for job abroad.

If looking into S.A. or africa in generall, what can you recommend for companies for flying turb-prop? Me rated on the 90-200 king air family.
Now checking the skies in northern europe but I want to land in the bushes.

a.t.b

Texasishy
9th Jun 2006, 09:25
Hey
It used to be that you had to deal with a Guy at Falcon Express called Steve Sanchez. This guy is a total waste of time, and you should avoid dealing with him at all costs.

Good luck to you

ironbutt57
9th Jun 2006, 10:01
DHL BAH now have the SA based mob moving 1900's to replace the metro's..

yo-ho
17th Jun 2006, 22:34
Hey
It used to be that you had to deal with a Guy at Falcon Express called Steve Sanchez. This guy is a total waste of time, and you should avoid dealing with him at all costs.

Good luck to you

Your statement means nothing.
Please, give more exact info?
Many pilots would like to know, why? No one like to waste time.
Fact is, SS is the Director of Flight Operation, if any one would like to join his company, the person has to deal with him, regardless.
:rolleyes:

Speedbake
21st Jun 2006, 15:50
Hi All

I am new to this forum and I have read a lot of slender & a lot of good
things, this forum seem to attract all kinds of aviators from all walks of
life. As you will notice this my first post, so please guys be gentle with
me :).

yo-ho

I have just seen your reply and I figured to ask couple of Qs since you
seem to be working at Falcon Express or have some sort of affiliation.
A good freind of mine seem to be interseted in joining FE I hear him
talking about the company every time ME subject comes up, & he has
been to DXB few times (not on job hunt) and he loves it. I am just
wondering what sort of requirement a person must have in order to
get a job with FE? would you be kind enough to provide me with the
info. so I can pass it on to him?

Thanks .. well appreciated!:)

dxbpilot
22nd Jun 2006, 02:56
hey , i have been done a bit of research about these guys as i'm also interested in working with them. I'm going to be back home towards the end of the year so i think i will pay them a visit.

FECA requirements are

500TT
300ME

of course the usual ICAO CPL ME IR

and a B1900 endoresment

not too sure what the job situation is at the moment but i'll let you know later in the year!

good luck

yo-ho
22nd Jun 2006, 13:41
Falcon Express Cargo Airlines, Dubai, is in general a good company to work with, have anyone heard of a company where everything is perfect, ref EK, GF and others? There will always be someone complaining regardless. Right or wrong it is not up to me to say.
A job with FECA on F 27 or BE 1900 will give inexperienced pilots a lot of good experience they can use making a future career with major airliners.
As long as major airliners are recruiting,:) there will always be openings with similar companies like FECA world wide.
FECA requirements are; 500 hours total including 300 on multi and a license which UAE GCAA can accept. Type rating is not a requirement, but an advantage.
FECA management is fear and stick to the contract they have with their employees.
Are you interested in a position with FECA, send your CV to:
Falcon Express Cargo Airlines
P.O.B. 93722
Dubai
UAE
Good luck.:)

Speedbake
22nd Jun 2006, 16:12
Thanks guys to the reply, at least these requirements are coming from the
horse's mouth! :ok: I will pass on the info. to my freind.:)

Speedbake check!

masalama
23rd Jun 2006, 16:38
Most guys who've worked with FECA(including myself) have been there around 2-4 years, built up our time and moved on to fly jets elsewhere..it's a great company for the hours,it's usually a good bunch of pilots and I had a great time there....only crib would be the 0300 departures...had to set three alarm clocks to stumble out of bed...:ugh: :ugh:

Magnum rules....:ok: :E

menikos
23rd Jun 2006, 16:55
It was told to me that the type rating on the B1900 + 100 hours on type are mandatory, what about it ?

Coastrider26
25th Jun 2006, 12:42
Magnum kicked ass, not sure if the guys are still using it.
I've heard the new Chief Pilot is a Kiwi :E

Captain Bug Smasher
25th Jun 2006, 13:22
Nice One Coastie, I nearly fell off the chair laughing at the 'Chief Pilot is a Kiwi' comment, he'll love that!:ok:

Coastrider26
26th Jun 2006, 05:24
Well you know what the best thing is the notoriously famous FECA FOM says chief pilots are not allowed to post on PPRUNE....hehehehe..

Renaissance
26th Jun 2006, 08:37
Hello boys and girls,

I have emailed a few applications to FECA, but never received a reply. I have 3500 Hrs, 3200 PT6 hours, 900 B1900 hrs with P1 rating, 2 ICAO ATPs, 3 ICAO CPLs, FAA CPL, Degree etc.... Most importantly my partner works in Dubai, so I wouldn't rush off in a hurry.

One starts to wonder what it takes to get a "Thanks but...no thanks" reply...

Oh well.... Sorry for the rant guys...

I will give it one more shot using their mailing address. Thanks for the info

Fly safe:ok: :ok:

masalama
27th Jun 2006, 06:33
Renaissance,
u should call up Steve and try to meet him when ur in dubai next ...I think it helps esp.. in Falcon .
I thought the new chief pilot was a local Emariti....seen him come to work in a dishdasha....:E

Renaissance
27th Jun 2006, 16:37
Thanks masalama,

I should go there in a couple weeks. I will make sure to give him a ring.

Would you happen to know if, besides the usual complaints worthy of all flight crews, the crews are genarally a happy bunch?

I am not trying to start sh*** up:=

Cheers

Renaissance:ok:

masalama
28th Jun 2006, 05:35
usually a very jolly bunch of pilots....I mean we all knew we'd be there for a few years , get the turboprop time and move on to jet aircraft elsewhere...I think from my time only two pilots r still left whom I know and that's in two years ...
But make no mistake, it is a good company to work for , pay comes on time and they put u up in great hotels on your layovers....miss the breakfast at Radisson KWI:sad:,loved those chicken franks and the indoor pool:E

If u'r looking for shiny new jets,a 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off roster , great retirement benefits and normal flying hours, then Falcon is definitely NOT the place to go to....

Renaissance
28th Jun 2006, 19:52
In all honesty masalama, all I want is to be closer to the madam. I am sure the pay will be enough to live on, and even if the rosters are taxing, they will be infinitely better than what I go through now. trekking between east africa and the dxb every so often is not my cup of tea. not to mention expensive

I did some flying for DHL here, and I was ok with the kind of work: the 0100Z departures, arriving at destination just in time for breakfast, and trying to catch a wink before the sun comes up, yet never succeeding (that really stinks) etc... All in all my DHL night runs were good.

the time for shiny new jets will come later... As for retirement,.... well hopefully in another 30 years...

cheers:ok:

inverter
7th Jul 2006, 13:00
woo texasishy, what an improvement on your aviation career, in a few threads u hv managed to gauge the job providers & post comments about a OPS DIR that u hv never seen! Were u not killing urself to become an EK pilot?? so how come u hv indepth knowledge abt FECA, dude u really hv 2 b honest in this business, cause sooner or later u will end up working with sum1 that u spoke badly abt. so a BIG piece of advice. keep that big GOB of ur's :hmm: .
regards
inverter:=