PDA

View Full Version : Aviation Institute Al Ain, UAE?

John Doe II
2nd Jun 2006, 10:38
Have anyone heard of Emirates Advanced Investments (Aviation Institute)? They should setup business in Al Ain early next year including an ATC college. A competitor to Emirates Aviation College in Dubai. Any news?

BassVolume
30th Sep 2006, 23:40
ETS is an Abu Dhabi based company (boss = Hussein Al Hammadi) set up by the UAE Armed Forces GHQ, for the purpose of employing expatriate experts and consultants for long-term and short-term assignments with any of the Armed Forces. The Aviation College in Al Ain is run by the UAE Air Force to train its pilots. I have worked for/through ETS, and it is a reputable firm, in the style of a "body-shop". ETS pays you, you work where you are assigned. Your residence visa is sponsored by UAE Armed Forces GHQ.
Be aware that the UAE generally is now an extremely expensive place to live, so make sure your package includes at least AED100,000 per year just for housing rental, as a separate item on top of your salary. Inflation is estimated by the banks to be 25-30% per annum. At least water and petrol are still cheap there!
I hope this helps.

John Doe II
2nd Oct 2006, 16:33
Thanks BassVolume.

You say UAE Pilots, how about UAE Air Force Air Traffic Controllers? Any idea?

Fox3snapshot
2nd Oct 2006, 21:26
High corrumba! In Al Ain you can own Jebal Hafeit hotel for that!

Blimey if I got that in Abo Darbi I would stay for at least one more Ramadan!

But BASS your right might, anyone considering a contract here, DO NOT SKIMP on your housing allowance.

If you are going to be in the Middle East you must live comfortably and that will cost money....and the company must pay!

;)

ShooTheGap
13th Mar 2008, 18:33
Anyone has an update on this story? did it materialize?