PDA

View Full Version : How long to allow for a medical

harrip
2nd Jun 2006, 04:25
My medical expires on 12 August. I just wondered how long I should allow for a new one to reach me given the changes. If I get a new one earlier than the 12th will it be dated from 12 Aug or the date of the visit?

Cheers Guys.

SM4 Pirate
2nd Jun 2006, 05:39
Harrip,

You can get it done anytime from 2 months before expirery; the DAME extends your current medical for 2 months from visiting him/her; assuming you still meet the standard. CASA gets you your new medical normally valid for 2 years within that 2 month period...

You don't have to wait until the expirery date; in fact much better not to wait, incase you need to have some other tests done; although that may result in a suspension anyway if there are problems.

The new medical from CASA will have the same expirery date as the last plus 2 years (normally,age dependant etc); so if you get it done on 13 June 2006, your DAME will extend you until 13 August 2006, CASA will send you an updated medical validation prior to 12 August 2006 which will expire on 12 August 2008.

At least that's what I think happens.

harrip
2nd Jun 2006, 06:16
Cheers for that SM4 Pirate. It makes sense and I'll get it done sooner rather than later incase there are any problems like you say.

an-124
2nd Jun 2006, 12:24
Just had a class 1 and have been told 10 days minimum

Charbuque
2nd Jun 2006, 22:05
My class 1 (initial) was completed on 18 April and arrived on 1 June.

scrambler
2nd Jun 2006, 23:47
As the Pirate says, The DAME can extend it for 2 months from the time of your medical. CASA supplies the medical within this timeframe. At least that is how it has been working for the past 20 years.

airag3
3rd Jun 2006, 08:10
As a side issue , I can't believe CASA are charging an additional 130$ on top of the DAME fee simply for issueing our medical to us.

I'm sick to death of being a cash bag for our politicians to raid any time they feel the need/want.