PDA

View Full Version : Prison for setting fire to newspaper in cabin

cwatters
31st May 2006, 23:54
A few days old but I haven't seen it here..

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/viewArticle.asp?articleID=10127

Irish champion jockey sentenced for cabin fire

May 24, 2006

Paul Carberry, Irish champion jockey of 2002, today received a two-month prison sentence for setting a friend’s newspaper on fire aboard an airplane in October of last year.

Continues..

apaddyinuk
1st Jun 2006, 00:19
Hehehe....My mate was on the crew. By all accounts once he realised the seriousness of what he did onboard and the amount of trouble he was likely in he was close to tears, I dont think even the crew thought he would wind up with a prison sentence.
Mind you, why was the plane only cruising at 12000??? Also, why was it merely a "token" sentence. It only sounds like the judge is doing it as a favour to someone. It should not be a token sentence, it should be a "THIS IS WHAT YOU ALL WILL GET OR WORSE IF YOU ACT THE MAGGOT ON A FLIGHT" sentence!!!! Sorry, not shouting, merely speaking firmly!

fernytickles
1st Jun 2006, 03:17
Did a quick google search to see if there was anything else about it and came up with this quote from an article in http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/3-14-2005-67103.asp

"Carberry, 31, is the keeper of a maverick flame" - guess he was just trying to live up to his reputation, silly boy :ugh:

matkat
1st Jun 2006, 06:28
He should have got 12 months Min. effing idiot, nearly crying when He realised how serious it was!!!!!!!! utter Moron or perhaps thats being unkind to morons.

EIDW Spotter
1st Jun 2006, 07:35
All,

If his appeal is not successful, he will no longer be allowed to ride as a professional jockey as he will automatically loose his license.

I think this is enough along with the two months and also he will jot be able to Fly with either EI or FR from Ireland ever again as EI are to ban him from all EI flights, and FR automatically bans anyone who has been convicted of such crimes.

Final 3 Greens
1st Jun 2006, 07:52
Well I wouldn't want to be on the same flight as someone who thinks that playing with fire is okay.

1st Jun 2006, 08:21
he will jot be able to Fly with either EI or FR from Ireland ever again

So it's not all bad then!

speedrestriction
1st Jun 2006, 08:29
If Mr.Carberry was from a different ethnic background I imagine the coverage on this affair would be very different:(

sr

ezybus
1st Jun 2006, 12:39
What a pitiful sentence. I had an occasion where pax stole 3 lifejackets and got 8 month prison sentence. Judge said it was attempted murder

ExSimGuy
1st Jun 2006, 19:23
If Mr.Carberry was from a different ethnic background I imagine the coverage on this affair would be very different:(

sr
Whaddayermean - he's a Paddy Obvious excuse ;)

RoyHudd
1st Jun 2006, 21:45
Which newspaper did said jockey light up? Could be relevant..The Irish Times, not justifiable....the Daily Mirror, an inflammatory paper at the best of Times...sorry!