PDA

View Full Version : 2ND ATTEMPT FOR CX CPP

stanleylau
31st May 2006, 23:52
Is anyone have their 2nd attempted for cx? is that any different to the 1st attempt? how long in between for your 1st and 2nd attempt? Do you think that's higher stand require for 2nd attempt?

That's lots of question on top of my head, hope someone can share their experience...

Cheers
Stan

Lowspirited
1st Jun 2006, 12:33
I have talked to some people that have failed CPP interviews 1st time (between stages 1-2), some have gotten another interview, but some never got another chance. It seems likely that CX actually have a blacklist where under certain circumstances you will be added :{ . But for those who have gotten a 2nd chance at the interview it seems that CX keeps a good record of which part of the stage you failed. The parts that you have passed in the previous interview you won't have to resit. Personally i don't think the interviews will be any harder for 2nd time. I have just sent in an application form, this is my 3rd time applying, the 2nd application was rejected within a week... For those who are really interested just don't give up and keep applying, its the only thing we can do, the rest is up to CX (and god if you believe in it).

By the way, lately i haven't heard anyone being told by HR that you only get 2 total chances max at the interviews, anyone know if they abolished that rule? Or do they just not tell the candidates to lower the stress for them?

dhiraj_mirch
1st Jun 2006, 12:42
hey guys,

i failed last year.. reapplied this time round and managed to get pretty far. still waiting for results though.

make sure you are completely honest. read up tons about cathay and info on the industry in general. if you can also get some technical knowledge it would be an advantage (winglets/vortex/aerodynamics/weatheretc..).. would be great to throw some of that into the interview to show you are really interested.

they will ask you why you think you didnt make it the first time round. they will also ask you many of the same questions from before. prepare tons

good luck.

stanleylau
1st Jun 2006, 13:09
Lowspirited, what do you mean that "don't need to resit for passed section"? Is that mean 2nd attempter can skip 1 stage and all passed sections? For example, where the failure for your 1st attempt which is "Panel Interview section", so you don't have to do any sico, math, flight planning test for your second attempt? Sorry I just a bit confuse, Also, will CX advise in advance of which part you were failed last time? just explain more if you can, thx!!

I may tried to send my 2nd attempt by the end of this month. Hope I can get in their selection pool again.

Exp. 90 hr Fix Wing, Australia PPL Lic. track to CPL

dhiraj_mirch, I agree that to study as much as you can, but remember the study booklet which CX offer for 2nd stage, I thought that's the min. require and I think learning ability and confidence are what they really looking for. Passion for fly and profession of knowledge.

Thanks for share

Lowspirited
1st Jun 2006, 13:23
Oh sorry i'm not sure about that, i only know if you passed all the test in 1st stage and failed at the interview, the next time you get an interview you don't have to sit any tests in 1st stage. I think the HR tells you when you call to book a time for the interview. I would assume stage 2 tests will need to be re-sat since they are more group work than individual performance. Maybe someone with experience could fill us in :O

rwong2005
1st Jun 2006, 15:45
Most of the questions you asked or what you want to ask have been posted already in this forum. May I suggest that you do a little bit of REsearch? I think that would really help.

everyone has to start somewhere, right?