PDA

View Full Version : Gr.2 Upgrade.

novicef
31st May 2006, 13:28
I should have all the requirements to obtain my Gr.2 in 4 months. Could anybody who has done the upgrade advise me what it is about.

I am told that the Gr.2 test involves one of the briefs that we covered for the Gr.3, yet others have told me that it could be a brief on CSU, retractable u/c or ADF orientation. So what's really involved. Would appreciate some guidance.

Awol57
31st May 2006, 16:02
I have done my upgrade about 3 months ago now. For me it involved (following a recommendation flight) a long brief (CSU), short brief (Short/softfield circuits), board bashing (propeller theory ie thrust, torque etc) and a flight. Flight was advanced stalls, steeps turns, PFL and circuit work, the usual stuff. Generally looking more at fault correction, and what you are looking for with first solo candidates.

In terms of what brief to expect, I would be suprised if you were asked to do an Ab Initio brief, I would expect something along the lines of CSU, or perhaps night circuits, ADF/VOR that sort of thing. Generally they are looking for more in depth knowledge I believe.

Of course that is just my view of the world, perhaps there is a friendly ATO out there who can shed more light on it, and correct me if I am wrong. :)

160knots
1st Jun 2006, 03:17
Here in BK it depends which ATO you get. I have heard some get Straight & Level and from the other abinition briefs others have had CSU, Retractable U/C, night circuits.

General consensus is that it depends on which ATO you get.