PDA

View Full Version : Flyjet

AvMonitor
31st May 2006, 13:02
What is the latest on their Boeing 767 and what routes are the B757's booked to do this summer?

Epsilon minus
31st May 2006, 19:26
Judging by the Munich airlines timetable MUC-BDA 11.30 it looks like flyjet may be putting a B757 on the route with a stop somewhere. What is happening to the B767 I do not know? Or maybe their Etops approval isn't up to scratch?
EM

Brian Fantana
31st May 2006, 20:39
Flyjet has 120min etops approval granted by the CAA

Epsilon minus
31st May 2006, 20:53
So what's up with the 767 then?

PENNINE BOY
31st May 2006, 23:31
If it stays parked at Man any longer it will get pole position next to the Avro RJ in the A/C spotters park!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All this waiting for Fly Jets 767 and its been gathering dust parked up at Man for the last 6 weeks or more........................... :ugh:

spanishflea
31st May 2006, 23:53
Quite a few small problems with it, but noone quite seems to know what the major issue is that is keeping it grounded. "Paperwork" with regard to its previous ownership by the Cameroon Government is the most detailed explanation I've been given...

Epsilon minus
1st Jun 2006, 07:52
Wow - This sounds like a right cock up.
The Munich airlines flight with a Flyjet B767 (as advertised) in exec config starts 03June, day after tomorrow, yet the aircraft is grounded at MAN. Why is it parked at MAN?
The Bermuda rotation is one a week which means if they put a B757 on the route unless they leave it parked at BDA it will have to fly 2 empty legs between the UK and BDA.
How long will it take to reconfigure the cabin to all exec (4 times a week) and how much will the seats cost?

Brian Fantana
1st Jun 2006, 11:13
BA are to incease their flights to one a day LGW-BDA bit of competition aswell!! Hope FJE have a contingency plan all the best to them.

Epsilon minus
1st Jun 2006, 17:19
Also of note is that the vituperative FJE management have gone very quiet of late.

diesel862
2nd Jun 2006, 21:57
Hi

I know the B757's are busy as I note what they are upto from CFMU, but how much is it costing them to keep a B767 parked at MAN.

No one at Flyjet seems to be talking........

Epsilon minus
3rd Jun 2006, 07:04
http://www.munich-airport.de/EN/Areas/Consumer/Abfluege/index.jsp
The BDA flight by FJE has been cancelled presumably because FJE can't provide the lift.

lukeylad
3rd Jun 2006, 09:54
Hi

I know the B757's are busy as I note what they are upto from CFMU, but how much is it costing them to keep a B767 parked at MAN.

No one at Flyjet seems to be talking........

well they must be doing something my mates just got a job with them as cabin crew!

firstforfirstchoice
3rd Jun 2006, 11:15
Hi all,

Don't get me wrong I like Flyjet as much as the next person, but would never fly with this airline again, due to the delay I had with them last summer.
Unfortunately as they have a small fleet, if one of their few aircraft goes tech, then expect serious delays, due to the fact they cannot find a replacement aircraft.

Cheers. :ok: :ok:

transwede
3rd Jun 2006, 13:48
Every airline suffers from bad periods in terms of delays, from the biggest carrier to the smaller operators and quite often the delay is not down to the airline but sometimes outside factors.

Flyjet have had their fair share of stinking long delays but they are actually currently in the top 5 for punctuality at NCL and MAN, where their 2 757 a/c are based and from what I hear passenger reactions are very favourable, particularly NCL. It seems that they made a good choice in NCL and lets hope it stays that way as they are operating a fairly large winter programme too, from both NCL and MAN.

Epsilon minus
3rd Jun 2006, 15:33
All airlines suffer delays when ready for departure most have an aircraft at this pre departure stage. In the case of I2, FJE failed to provide an aircraft so the flight was cancelled - that's not so good is it? :\ Anybody know what happened to the passengers?

Epsilon minus
5th Jun 2006, 19:17
On the day of the inaugural flight to Bermuda for Munich airlines, Flyjet, who are supplying the aircraft, failed to turn up for the party. Why? Can anyone from FJE comment.

Banzai Eagle
5th Jun 2006, 19:47
Sounds as though you got it in for FJet then Epsilon???

Epsilon minus
5th Jun 2006, 21:08
Not at all, I'm just amazed at how this could happen. :{

goodgirl
5th Jun 2006, 22:30
FJE all runing as normal...infact watch this space!!
767 about to have refit for BDA routes...Epsilon any negative comments to add?

Epsilon minus
6th Jun 2006, 07:41
No not at all. Good luck on the BDA route. What really got me was the response from FJ execs to a previous post from NCL Pilot. Not only was it unpleasant it seemed to indicate that something was amiss.
I hope FJE is a happy house.
Regards
EM

Mr Gammon Flaps
6th Jun 2006, 09:56
Probably because people like you keep posting ill informed rubbish about their company. What's the deal, did you not get a job with them or something?

Hawk
6th Jun 2006, 21:46
Before this drops into a slanging match, keep the posts on the issues and do not revert to personal attacks.
Thank you
H.

hoey5o
7th Jun 2006, 09:21
J-FLYER

What a poisonous post !

Unlike you I know exactly why the 767 is not in the air yet and its is NOTHING to do with having enough money. All their aircraft are now booked with work for Winter 06/07.

Would you like to explain to Flyjet employees why you "hope" Flyjet goes under ?

Anything to do with the future competition on longhaul ??

Brian Fantana
7th Jun 2006, 10:54
Yawn Yawn!! another Flyjet posts goes down the road of whether they will go bust or not - Yawn Yawn.
J-flyer if you work in this difficult cut throat business you should know that any airline, big or small going t*ts up is not a good thing for the industry!!

Give them a break there are a lot of good people who work there and I'm sure they dont read the sh*te written on here anyway - water off a ducks back and all that.

TJ747
7th Jun 2006, 18:05
J-FLYER:

Supply your sources please to this post as what you are saying is completely and utterly incorrect, trust me, i know.

In regards to the 767, if you had any commercial/ops/airline knowledge you would understand why it is there. Once up and running it will be a very busy aicraft.

An exciting and interesting time ahead for Flyjet, they are a great bunch with very hard working folk.

Give em a break eh.

lukeylad
7th Jun 2006, 18:42
It seems yet again FlyJet are not going to make it past this summer! They are covering payroll from several different off and onshore company accounts and for a fact, I do know that the 767 parked at Manchester is going nowehere - they cannot afford to take it off the ground.

Hopefully the slow and painful death will soon come to an end. RIP

dude please explain why flyjet are recruiting cabin crew then?

PPRuNe Pop
7th Jun 2006, 19:04
Apart from the slanging mayches Hawk mentions. You should take note that comments made about viability or integrity of ANY organisation must NOT be guesswork. The RULE is: IF IT IS YOUR FACT IS NOT FACT DON'T POST IT!

PPP

transwede
10th Jun 2006, 10:36
Is it true that FJE at NCL are leasing in another 757 from Finnair and sending their own based a/c back to LGW? What will happen to all the staff that have been taken on at NCL? I hope FJE are not giving up at NCL already, it had such a bright future, with year round flights and favourable passenger reactions?

HH6702
10th Jun 2006, 11:51
been speaking to somebody who works for flyjet and they said that the aircraft is due to go back to lgw and a finnair plane will take over.
All the staff will be kept and some different training for the staff

Happens mid july i think

Nato 35
10th Jun 2006, 12:39
Mate of mine has just got an interview and sim ride with them for an F/O position. Whats going on.

:cool:

Joe Havana
10th Jun 2006, 13:33
Finnair are providing an aircraft with pilots from July 1st to September 1st roughly. It will be Flyjet cabin crew, in Flyjet uniforms. The NCL base will be fully crewed with pilots from September and Flyjet have a full flying programme out of NCL for the next few years. The Finnair option is just to fill a stop gap and is not part of FJE's plans. There are 5 or so new pilots joining the company so there really is nothing to worry about.

Flightrider
10th Jun 2006, 14:34
Does anyone actually know what the situation with the 767 is? It has been parked at Manchester for over a month and surely that wasn't part of the plan. Not having a go, just intrigued as to what's happening.

GW76
10th Jun 2006, 14:54
Anyone noticed a disproportionate amount of positive reviews for FlyJet on the airline review sites ? British Airways had 6 and ThomsonFly had 6 reviews past few months -Flyjet had 18. Seems a bit odd- someone trying to prove something ?
http://www.carsurvey.org/air/index.html

Flightrider
10th Jun 2006, 15:59
That's been going on for months - same grammar, same style for virtually all of the reviews. They have also posted some reviews from very odd flights - you wouldn't expect to find your average Paris-Cotonou passenger on that site, I wouldn't have thought. Must be a crew member with something to prove - quite vomit-worthy reading, really.

hoey5o
10th Jun 2006, 16:03
Unbelieveable GW76,

So because there are a lot of favourable pax comments on a car survey website it has to be some sort of drawn up master plan ??????

Do you really think Flyjet management have the time ?

For goodness sake.

Joe Havana
10th Jun 2006, 16:07
You tell them Hoey!

Goodness!

Flightrider
10th Jun 2006, 16:46
I don't think it's anything to do with their management - more to do with one or two cabin crew, I suspect. I'm sure their management do indeed have far better things to do with their time - at least, one hopes so!

GW76
10th Jun 2006, 18:22
Unbelieveable GW76,
So because there are a lot of favourable pax comments on a car survey website it has to be some sort of drawn up master plan ??????
Do you really think Flyjet management have the time ?
For goodness sake.
Dont remember saying it was management.
Perhaps you can offer a plausible explanation for the obvious anomily ? The facts again - a huge number of exaggeratingly positive reviews for a tiny airline in relation to the likes of major carriers carrying millions of more passengers. Just seems a bit odd.

AIH849
11th Jun 2006, 09:38
You talk about the management having better things to do. What about the rest of the crew do you really think we could be bothered to sit and write reviews about ourselves i mean come on. Pax reaction has been overwhelming and all pax i have spoken too really do enjoy flying with us. Sounds like a little bit of a grudge or evena bit jealousy there

heslop2006
11th Jun 2006, 09:54
A Finnair 757 will be used to cover flights until September 1st then after that a FJE 757 will be sent to NCL where I think it is to be based, ready for winter.

Epsilon minus
11th Jun 2006, 15:38
GW76
You are right. Flyjet seems to attract a lot of interest , more than is healthy I would say. Something is up and this is confirmed by the board of FJ continued interest in what is said in these forums. You have hit on yet another nerve by spotting a theme of self gratification on this survey site.
I dont know where all this is leading but it will be interesting to see what their execs do next.
Speak up Envoyheadboy :uhoh:

Flightrider
11th Jun 2006, 15:56
But can anyone actually answer the question as to why the 767 is not flying? You don't normally add aircraft to your fleet for the sake of keeping tarmac dry at Manchester!

Joe Havana
11th Jun 2006, 16:27
You guys really seem to enjoy having a pop at Flyjet. Why do you care so much to spend a Sunday writing nasty little comments about an airline with 3 aircraft that you obviously don't work for.

Get lives!

Oh yeah, there is a reason why the 767 is on the ground. You would know why if it had anything to do with you, which it doesn't....so you don't!

Mercenary Pilot
11th Jun 2006, 16:40
I know the reason why the 767 is sitting there.:p

Flightrider
11th Jun 2006, 16:45
Joe Havana - there is, as far as I can see, no reason for a vindictive response to a simple question. The absence of answers will only lead to speculation on the part of others which has seemed to be the staple diet of this thread to date!

Nato 35
11th Jun 2006, 16:49
Its about to go of on its hols, for a facelift on its exterior, tummy tuck on its freight bay, colonic on its heads and liposuction on its interior(232 out and 90 in). Oh and by the way, if your not paying for it then why get so upset?
:cool:

Mercenary Pilot
11th Jun 2006, 16:54
I didnt know it was such a big secret:confused:

Flightrider
11th Jun 2006, 17:28
There is a difference between curiosity and being upset. Check out www.dictionary.com if not sure of the difference!

Mercenary Pilot
11th Jun 2006, 21:08
Ssssshhhhhhh!!! You'll give it away! Its more fun reading all the wayward conspiracy theories.:ok:

Thunderball 2
11th Jun 2006, 23:56
Just checked the reviews as suggested by GW76 and Nightrider (http://www.carsurvey.org/air/index.html). Hmmm.......does look slightly odd, I agree. But as for the idea, Hoey50 and others, that "management haven't got the time" to post to Pprune, I can assure you that this is an absurd assumption. But don't bother looking for posts from the people who actually make serious money in this business. They have got better things to do.:ok:

Epsilon minus
12th Jun 2006, 07:26
http://www.stanstedairport.com/portal/site/default/template.PAGE/menuitem.44193a9337398e8a91348810c02865a0/?javax.portlet.tpst=c96cf29682e8b38b7ae74479c02865a0&javax.portlet.prp_c96cf29682e8b38b7ae74479c02865a0_flightTer minal=&javax.portlet.prp_c96cf29682e8b38b7ae74479c02865a0_flightNum ber=&javax.portlet.prp_c96cf29682e8b38b7ae74479c02865a0_flightTyp e=ARRIVAL&javax.portlet.prp_c96cf29682e8b38b7ae74479c02865a0_SAVE_SUCC ESS=true&javax.portlet.prp_c96cf29682e8b38b7ae74479c02865a0_form.vali dation.flag=true&javax.portlet.prp_c96cf29682e8b38b7ae74479c02865a0_flightRou te=BERMUDA&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=token&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=token

According to the BAA the flight is cancelled. Presumably because the 76 is AOG in MAN whilst someone looks for the missing records.

Joe Havana
12th Jun 2006, 09:06
Epsilon Minus, you are like a dog with a bone!

Woof Woof!

Let it Lie......

Epsilon minus
12th Jun 2006, 11:18
7 posts since may Joe,and all piercing attacks in defence of FJE; but no answers to the questions though.
Why the interest in Silverjet crew recruitment are you worried about defections?
Grrrrrr

Joe Havana
12th Jun 2006, 11:38
He he he he....

by the way...is " a piercing attack in defence " not an oxy MORON...

that is funny!

Epsilon minus
12th Jun 2006, 12:54
Not when you miss out the word "OF". Come on Joe, haven't you got more important things to do :\
Why do you care so much to spend a Sunday writing nasty little comments about an airline with 3 aircraft that you obviously don't work for.

Get lives!

If the cap fits :ok: Toodle pip.

lukeylad
12th Jun 2006, 18:36
some people just seem to want to lay into the airline because they are small and are just finding there feet, well to those people i say your stupid never a judge a book by its cover. So what if they only have a few aircraft at least they have the guts to stand up against the big boys.

nclpilot
13th Jun 2006, 02:38
I posted a thread on the subject of a Finnair aircraft a little under a month ago, and guess what, it has now been confirmed.

All flight numbers are changing to XLA, FJE crew are being trained on the Finnair and doing and XLA course and the crews will be wearing XLA uniforms. Still paid by FJE though as far as I have been told.
All crews will be mixing with XLA crew - no info on the winter yet but believe me, XLA are very unhappy.

oliversarmy
13th Jun 2006, 16:12
XLA Vare very unhappy - Absolute tosh !

Epsilon minus
13th Jun 2006, 19:13
FJE are searching for a chief pilot now. :eek:

crewboi83
13th Jun 2006, 19:15
RE FJE and XLA crews mixing, they will wear the 2 seperate uniforms.
Apparently its only for 10 weeks tho, FJE to return back to its own 757 in Sep but we ill see wha appens

Flightrider
13th Jun 2006, 20:52
Finnair usually keep their own senior on the wet-lease. If you add the Finnair 757 into the equation of the FJE + XLA crews mixing, you therefore could have a situation where three airlines' crew are operating side-by-side on the same aircraft. How on earth do you manage that?

FJE are searching for a chief pilot now.

Rumour also had it that their technical director had been put on gardening leave having blown his stack with the CAA about the 767 a couple of weeks ago.

Epsilon minus
14th Jun 2006, 06:34
Assuming that the Chief Pilot is/was a post holder the management structure of the company will now be minus 2 AOC post holders. :uhoh:

Fuel Crossfeed
14th Jun 2006, 15:22
Not surprised technical director has blown his stack - walking through T1 the other day two thirds of the fleet parked up.
FJE 757 G-EB parked outside hangar not going anywhere the 767 growing roots on its remote stand and to top it all FJE running 24hrs late on a SSH (guess they subbed it) and 14hrs late on a LCA!! Must have been a nightmare day for them. Best of luck!!!

Epsilon minus
15th Jun 2006, 10:12
Is the B767 the nemesis of FJE ?

transwede
16th Jun 2006, 18:31
whats happening at the Newcastle FJE base? Is the a/c stayingfor the three year contract that was signed with Excel? they make a nice addition to NCL's charter scene.

lukeylad
16th Jun 2006, 23:33
as far as i know theres gonna be a 757 based there.

fje1
17th Jun 2006, 16:36
FLYJET UPDATE

Flyjet are currently working with a number of companies the main two being with FLYFIRSTCLASS & Excel Airways.
Flyjet have been working hard on there summer program operating there own flights and some of excel airways subs.
Last year when Flyjet had a delay it was really hard for them to get a spare aircraft.
But now with carriers being good friends with Flyjet when problems do occur with either carrier help is usually at hand.

LONDON GATWICK NEWS
From 01 July 2006 G-FJEA will commence its summer operations with its heavy work load.
Recruiment is also taking place for LGW&NCL bases.

MANCHESTER NEWS

G-FJEB commenced its heavy summer flying program which has gone very well and punctual operating almost daily flights with its own program and also from other companies, July 2006 will see the full program commence.

Newcastle News

G-FJEA will leave newcastle and the end of the month and return to LGW.
01 JULY 2006 NCL crew will commence there intense operations on a leased aircraft until SEPT 2006 when FJEA will return.

WINTER 2006/7
High volume of work for all bases with Longhaul destinations to be announced.
Program to be released shortly.

G-FJEC
Will have its major refit to fly in Flyfirstclass config.
Flights to start within the next month to Bermuda.

will update when infomation is announced and OFFICIAL.

lukeylad
17th Jun 2006, 17:01
Theres a massive delay on tonights flight from palma into ncl aint gonna be in till 2am

CentreFix25
17th Jun 2006, 17:15
... and they've been doing really well up until now. I flew PMI-NCL few weeks back on the FJE617, we were all loaded up apart from a few empty seats when the Captain came on and said "were missing some pax". Well our slot came and went, "the next one being an hour later" he announced, just as the bus pulled up with the said pax. I assume a ready message went in because 30 mins later we were pushing back, made good time on the return and landed only a few mins late. Most of the time they get the blame when its not really their fault, although 5 hours this time suggests it wasnt missing pax. Really enjoyed my first taste of FJE with no complaints, and would fly them again.

Fuel Crossfeed
17th Jun 2006, 19:43
FJE1
what happened with the MAN-SSH today - tech on stand, pushed, went tech again, returned to another stand - was still there this arfo??
See my previous post on the 14th - is the SSH bad Karma for FJE
Not slating them just interested (Before my head is bitten off)
FC

FEBA
17th Jun 2006, 21:41
FJE1
Why do you use this forum as a staff newsletter? Surely it would be more polite to distribute an in house news letter. Do you not value the importance of your staff and the contribution they make.
By the way you have confused "their" with "There". Not good.
Rgds
FEBA

Thunderball 2
17th Jun 2006, 23:07
FEBA

Cut the guy some slack - you're way out of line;

- This forum is full of speculation about Flyjet.
- It's a confused picture for staff and clients.
- Someone from Flyjet management posts a relatively clear summary of the position, which is useful and entirely appropriate.
- You then ask why he hasn't thought of issuing a staff newsletter (which might be reproduced on this thread in a week's time if we're lucky),
- You criticize his grammar (Prune is the internet's homepage for appalling syntax, spelling, punctuation and grammar, in case you hadn't noticed), and
- You infer by implication that posting to Prune is impolite to staff and shows a lack of appreciation of the contribution they make.

In case you hadn't noticed, FEBA, the world of independent charter airlines in the UK is a very difficult, nasty, dangerous business environment where survival requires extraordinary efforts and resources. You're surrounded on all side by predatory giants - aircraft lessors, vertically integrated tour operations turning over billions, massive low cost carriers, the CAA. The guys at Flyjet are giving it their best shot. I don't know who you are, but I'll lay money that you couldn't do better.

CentreFix25
18th Jun 2006, 06:51
Got to agree, i'm just pleased that the info is being shared with us. Thanks fje1.

transwede
18th Jun 2006, 11:01
As long as it is going well for FJE at NCL. As has been said pax seem to be pleased with the service they offer and all airlines suffer delays outside their control. Besides their a/c do look rather nice on the NCL scene.

fje1
18th Jun 2006, 12:30
I send my apologies for my poor grammar as I came across this post yesterday and things wasn't so good at FJE yesterday as both A/C decided to go TECH at the same time, so I rushed what I had written. All things are now back on track and delays should fade out by the end of the day. I do admit this does not look good on the company, but these things do happen. The problem has been fixed and both A/C are now running fine.
All I can say to FJE staff is to please be patient and await future information soon to be released. Infomation has been limited for some time as things are currently changing daily when final it will be announced.
I would also like to ad that I post positive information on this website so that negative and untrue comments do not get out of hand.

CrewBoy81
18th Jun 2006, 22:49
Newcastle Flight Arrivals:
FJE621 00:15 SHARM EL SHEIKH INDEFINITE DELAY
Oh dear!

CentreFix25
19th Jun 2006, 07:21
Corfu-BFS 'W' seems to have departed this morning, so i'm assuming it's been subbed out.

envoyheadboy
19th Jun 2006, 07:33
You presume wrong. EA went out just about on time. Arrived back from SSH 0315Z.Sorry to disappoint you;)

CentreFix25
19th Jun 2006, 07:39
Not dissapointed in the slightest, but thanks for the info anyway. So is the online arrivals board wrong?, it was updated at 8.30 and still showing indefnite delay.

envoyheadboy
19th Jun 2006, 11:41
My apologies centrefix 25 you are correct. Few probs today with EB

Epsilon minus
21st Jun 2006, 20:38
The latest management tactic is that of contrition following the rubuke by FEBA with regards to promulgation of staff notices on a rumour forum by FJE execs. I agree with FEBA, though not in his terms, confidential information for staff should be distributed internally and not shared with a global readership.
So how about FJE and Munich airlines? Munich Airlines were jilted at the altar by FJE, have a look at how the Bermuda Royal Gazette have described to story:-
Vacations saved by ‘extraordinary effort’
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Dan Jones
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tourism chiefs have hailed officials who ensured the majority of passengers booked on the inaugural flight from Munich to Bermuda – which was cancelled at the 11th hour – still jetted to the Island.
Tourism Minister Ewart Brown last night said their work was “exceptional”. And Mike Winfield, president of the Bermuda Hotel Association, praised an “extraordinary” effort by Bermuda tourism staff based in Europe.
Mr. Winfield said he understood the majority of Munich Air customers were re-routed and still landed in Bermuda at the weekend, despite the first full scheduled flight from Munich being pulled from the departure board at short notice. “Contacting the clients in a few hours was nothing short of extraordinary,” he told The Royal Gazette yesterday.
Tourism Minister Ewart Brown told the House of Assembly last week the flight was postponed because the German government opted to treat the Island as a non-EU destination, which required more paperwork. He said he deeply regretted the non-arrival of the plane.
Mr. Winfield said he understood that when tourism officials found out about the flight hitch they spent hours calling tour operators and customers – and made sure staff were at the airport to meet those who were not contacted. They also made travel arrangements, via London Gatwick with British Airways, for passengers still keen to fly to Bermuda.
“This was a mammoth task,” he added.
He said he believed arrangements were now being made with travel agents and tour operators to get in touch with tourists booked on the June 10, 17 and 24 flights on the proposed weekly Munich Air service. It is now due to start on July 1.
Mr. Winfield also praised Government and tourism officials for work done so far on establishing the Munich air link. And he said Germany was a crucial market for the Island, especially with misinformation in America about the impact of the hurricane season on Bermuda.
“A remarkable amount of publicity about Bermuda has been generated in the German market. The demand for Bermuda in Germany is considerable.” Despite the launch delay, Mr Winfield said once the weekly service finally takes off Bermuda was in “very good shape” in the German market.
The plane from Germany that was due to take off last Friday was understood to hold about 60 business class passengers. Tourism Minister Dr. Brown, announcing the cancellation on Friday, said it had been fully booked.
He said last night: “I agree with Mike Winfield that the work done by the Bermuda Department Of Tourism people in Munich was exceptional.
“Not only did they work quickly to get the passengers to rebook and still come to Bermuda but they pulled off spectacular events leading up to the planned departure.”
The Deputy Premier said the postponement of the flight was “disappointing” but added that he did not think it would impact on the future success of the venture. “I do not believe the success of the flight is endangered as I have been assured by our representatives in Munich that the bookings are still strong.
“The flight is set to start on July 1.”
Commenting on the decision that saw the Island classed as a non-EU destination, Dr. Brown said German officials were responsible for the classification.

Not since the Munich agreement that led directly to the start of the second world war have so many lies been told "German government opted to treat the Island as a non-EU destination, which required more paperwork" The Royal Gazette seem to have overlooked the fact that the aircraft is laid up AOG in MAN because it does not have a Cof A and that both the Cheif Pilot and the Tech Director have fled the company.
This does not bode well for the future of BDA tourism, Munich Airlines or Fly Jet. If I were a future passenger to BDA from MUC I would think twice about travelling with them.
Did FJE endorse this article. I sincerely hope not :}
The article can be found by following this link:
http://www.theroyalgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060607/NEWS/106070194&SearchID=73248362161607

Kenny Lingus
22nd Jun 2006, 09:15
Previous ID: N769BC First Reg. Date: 12/04/2006
Manufacturer: BOEING COMPANY
Type: BOEING 767-216
Serial No.: 23624
Mode S (hex): 400D67
Popular Name: -
Generic Name: 767
Aircraft Class: FIXED-WING LANDPLANE
Engines: 2 - 2 x GENERAL ELECTRIC CO CF6-80A2
Ownership Status: Chartered
Registered Owners: FLYJET LTD
LE MERIDIEN LONDON GATWICK
NORTH TERMINAL, LONDON GATWICK AIRPORT
GATWICK
RH6 0PH
UNITED KINGDOM
MTOW: 159210kg Total Hours: 61019 at 31/12/2005 Year Built: 1986
CofA / Permit: EASA STANDARD COFA C of A Expiry: 11/04/2008
Taken from the CAA website. By the way EM, a few of the boys in the office have got a book running on how far you will allow the thread to disappear before you resurrect it. Can you vary it a bit more as I keep loosing. Ta.

Ken

Epsilon minus
22nd Jun 2006, 09:23
Kenny
Would FJE now be endorsing a betting scam of which you want me to be a part of ;)
So the 76 has a cofa why didn't it turn up at MUC then ?
Rgds
EM

Kenny Lingus
22nd Jun 2006, 09:34
I dunno, but according to the CAA its got one.

Kenny

hoey5o
22nd Jun 2006, 14:02
Epsilon Minus,

This is my last post as you are clearly obsessed with Flyjet. Indeed if someone responds to you then you appear to get really excited that you have uncovered another plot, sub plot or your classic "hit a raw nerve". You appear rather immature.

Who has fled ?

For the record, Flyjet has a chief pilot and a technical director.

The previous chief pilot is planning to return to flyjet in 2 years time.

Now please move on with your life.

Hawk
22nd Jun 2006, 19:46
This thread is just doing circles. Epsilon, you are under watch.

Bamboid
23rd Jun 2006, 12:58
As a Flyjet employee, I should like to say to Hawk; 'thank you' - keep that watch a tight one.

My opinion of Epsilon minus shall have, I'm afraid to say, remain .... :mad:

Fuel Crossfeed
23rd Jun 2006, 15:05
hoey50 - you mention the previous chief pilot is returning - is he the one with initials RS??!!!

Gatwick Bugle
24th Jun 2006, 08:40
No! But that really would be a disaster.

hoey5o
24th Jun 2006, 09:52
No ! its not.

Fuel Crossfeed
24th Jun 2006, 17:58
Must be JF then?

jetstream7
25th Jun 2006, 19:51
FWIW, Flyjet no longer seem to have any link to the MUC-BDA flights - now to be operated by Eurofly with an A319

aeroground
26th Jun 2006, 07:02
thought JF was joining RAK Air, if not there board will be very surprised

Epsilon minus
28th Jun 2006, 15:54
Bamboid
I am sorry you feel that way, I bear no animosity towards any Flyjet employee. My ire is with the Bosses of FJE who use this forum to launch attacks on your colleagues and use the forum as a staff newsletter. I would have thought you deserve better than that.
I hope that FJE prospers and that you all prosper with it. I'm sure that with careful management it will.
Hawk
I will heed your warning (does smack of big brother or sister in your case, though) I note that FJE have attracted 7 individual threads in nearly as many forums in this year so far and many more since it commenced operations. Is this a record?
I am sufficiently contrite.
Rgds
EM

TCX69
6th Jul 2006, 23:45
Just read on another website that the Flyjet B767 G-FJEC is being ferried from MAN to QLA to be stored there! I know it has been parked in MAN for a while now. Can't be very good news for Flyjet?

hoey5o
7th Jul 2006, 09:50
Its not going there to be stored. Its going there to have its refit to the 90 seat first/business class config.
It is actually very good news !

Wycombe
7th Jul 2006, 11:37
First widebody movement at QLA ever apparently :)

lukeylad
7th Jul 2006, 11:57
hey guys sorry to sound stupid wheres QLA?

mmeteesside
7th Jul 2006, 12:14
QLA is Lasham, where a lot of maintenance is done by based company ATC Lasham, and probably others :ok:

lukeylad
7th Jul 2006, 12:32
mmeteesside

Cheers dude it seems quite a popular base jet2 have sent all their 757s through them before delivery.

daz211
8th Jul 2006, 11:21
anyone have any info on this route
think the airline is called (fly first class):rolleyes:

Wolverhampton
8th Jul 2006, 13:52
The website says operated by Flyjet. Fly First Class is just a ticket agent.

diesel862
19th Jul 2006, 18:49
It seems things are on the up.

JF will be back after two years from working in the Middle East, another very experienced chap is Chief Pilot ex BA apparently.

Also things in Ops seem to be better since the two ladies from hell left.

I hope FJE goes from strength to strength.

Cheers

D

TSR2
22nd Jul 2006, 22:27
Anyone know the reason for the 25 hour delay to todays MAN-SSH flight.

diesel862
22nd Jul 2006, 22:59
Hi

Probably a tech issue and lack of sub-charter availablity to cover.

I'm sure they looked after the pax well......

Cheers

Diesel

TSR2
23rd Jul 2006, 00:12
Thanks for that.

Unfortunately these things do happen, let's hope there is no big knock-on effect.

transwede
24th Jul 2006, 18:25
Anyone know what FJE have planned for this winter?

Are there new a/c in the pipeline?
What contracts have they got?

lukeylad
24th Jul 2006, 22:00
Anyone know the reason for the 25 hour delay to todays MAN-SSH flight.

tech probs only got 2 a/c.

nclbase
25th Jul 2006, 08:20
How will FJE operate three permanent bases (MAN, LGW and NCL) with only 2 aircraft? I have heard they are also operating a contract from Copenhagen also

transwede
25th Jul 2006, 11:10
That will depend I presume on another a/c coming into the fleet and what kind of programme they have for the winter?

Granted Flyjet seem to be ticking along quite nicely from an outside view, with NCL and MAN having busy programmes and LGW operating a few flights, in anticipation of the 767 arrival.

Every airline has to start off somewhere, steady expansion and cautious moves.

fje1
27th Jul 2006, 10:40
Winter

767 Bermuda info to be annouced internally first.
757 copenhagon & Billund - Thailand, India etc info to be annouced ( poss up to 9 sets of crews at a time)
757 newcastle - Egypt & Canaries 6 flights per week

Lots of new things happening this year, Staffs to be told first then be annouced on here.

25 hour delay to the Sharm dont think out aircraft like doing this flight.
Due to technical problems after the Night Corfu.
Everything has run on time or eairy this week so no problems.
All airlines have there fair share of delays but to FJE having fewer aircraft it is more noticable. doesnt mean its a bad company though.

Lukeylad just to let you know FJE do have more than 2 Aircraft and fantastic contracts.
The comapny is to expand rapidy over the next year. Cant let any info out yet but watch this space.

diesel862
28th Jul 2006, 06:16
Thats great news, I know the crews and flightdeck will cope with the rapaid expansion but will the infrastructure and management cope too?

Your ground services manager is joining GoldAir and he was very good at keeping the wheels oiled in the north terminal.

D

gatwicknose
28th Jul 2006, 07:40
Organised chaos I am afraid....the makings of a brilliant operation hope they can pull it off

Albert Hall
3rd Aug 2006, 14:53
Seems to be at Lasham, parked up out the back of the hangar with no work ongoing, no "new seats" on site to be fitted to it and no-one has any idea what is happening to it. Far from it having been flown to Lasham to be reconfigured, it looks as though it's been flown there because parking is cheaper than at Manchester.

gatwicknose
4th Aug 2006, 07:59
Smoke and mirrors albert....parking is cheaper at Lasham and eventually the seats will be fitted there....when the a/c is free to fly I believe it will do some local stuff before being kitted out for FFC.....FFC seats are in the country and ready to go!!

transwede
5th Aug 2006, 15:27
Have FJE managed to source a 3rd 757 a/c from anywhere in order to meet expanison plans? They were going to get one early this year but never managed and now with 3 bases and quite alot of work, it seems necessary to acquire further a/c. Where will they come from, as 757 a/c are not in abundance these days.

fje1
9th Aug 2006, 16:48
One Of The Current Boeing 757-200 G-fjea Or G-fjeb Will Return Its Service In Newcastle From 01-september-2006.
Ea Or Eb Will Commence Service On The Longhaul Routes.
Ec Will Commence Its Serivice On The Bda,ilm Route.

Ec Is Currently Having Problems Obtaining A License Required From The Caa Due To Flyjet Changing Hands From Its Cypriot Partners At The End Of 2005.
Once This Paper Work Is Obtained Ec Will Enter Service.
This Problem Could Not Have Been Solved Without Getting Ec First.
Therefore It Has To Remain On The Ground Until The Matter Is Resolved.
A 3rd B757 Is Planned To Enter Serive Spring 2007.
Nothing Is Official Yet As Plans Are Currently Changing Daily.
New Offices Have Been Found To House Expanding Flyjet And The Future Is Looking Bright. ;)

Stanstedeye
9th Aug 2006, 18:18
fje1

A FLYJET 757 out of maintenance departed SEN today at 11.45.

TCX69
9th Aug 2006, 19:15
MAN Arrivals:
FJE823 03:40 Tenerife Expected 21:10
FJE811 19:25 Paphos Expected 23:50

LGW Arrivals:
00:25FJE425PAPHOS EXPECTED 0340

:ok: Nothing new hey!

Musket90
9th Aug 2006, 19:19
I think Titan helped them out for the MAN-TFS today

lba2006
9th Aug 2006, 19:47
MAN Arrivals:
FJE823 03:40 Tenerife Expected 21:10
FJE811 19:25 Paphos Expected 23:50

LGW Arrivals:
00:25FJE425PAPHOS EXPECTED 0340

:ok: Nothing new hey!

Some other arrivals for you TCX69:
(MAN)
AEU458 21:30 Kos Expected 10 August 03:10
(LGW)
XLA547V 14:10 Fuerteventura Expected 10 August 00:45
UM772 17:55 Harare Expected 22:30

All airlines have delays, XLA have had just as many bad delays as FJE this season?!

TCX69
9th Aug 2006, 19:51
Yeah but I wasn't talking about XLA I was talking about FJE, this is a FJE post. :D

Albert Hall
9th Aug 2006, 19:54
Hmm, all airlines do have delays, but the airport stats for Manchester and Gatwick suggest that they don't have delays in the same quantity as Flyjet:

July
Average delay on charter flights at Gatwick 24 minutes
Flyjet 44 minutes

Average delay on charter flights at Manchester 22 minutes
Flyjet 50 minutes

No airline is free from delays (particularly at this time of year) but it does seem as though some suffer a lot more than others....

lba2006
9th Aug 2006, 19:57
But when a airline doesn't have a back up plane to cover delays, unlike other major UK airlines

transwede
9th Aug 2006, 20:05
In defence of Flyjet, they seem to operate well out of NCL, atleast before they subbed in Finnair to operate for them during jul/aug. Their time keeping was excellent during FJE a/c operated flights, apart from one small hiccup!

In fact, their reputation at NCL is/was far superior to some of the more established carriers, TOM, TCX, XLA (!!!) who seem to be suffering this year.

fje1
10th Aug 2006, 21:30
The delay on the MAN - TFS & PFO was due to one of our aircrafts needing maintenance last Tuesday. EB operated MONDAY MAN LPA MAN and then left Manchester for this.
With just two aircraft operating when one goes out or both its all goes tits up and nothing can be done or wait for it to be subbed.

Flyjet do occur alot of delays out of our control as I am sure that the crews will agree this is mostly down to ground agents, catering and passengers.
it is a small percentage of time with technical delays.
I am producing a chart to be played on this FLYJET section with OTP for this year from the info I have.
Because flyjet are a small airline and new... people don't want to see the airline do well. And they will not acknowledge when Flyjet do something well but focus on the bad things and if the worst was to happen would give a big I TOLD YOU SO........

Flyjet has changed for the better, new people in HQ and most of the staffs that caused problems are sadly no longer with us.

Flyjet now has a huge financial backing, fantastic things in the future which will be annouced shortly to crews.

The crew at Flyjet have experienced places and flights that other airlines won't experience. And can look back and think WOW! :ok:

BIG INFO COMING SOON ! ! ! !

aileron
11th Aug 2006, 13:24
This B767 (msn23624 yr1986) was most recently used by the Cameroon 'Government' from 15/3/04 it was stored by them on 23/6/04. I understand that the CAA will not let EC fly until a major issue with the paperwork is dealt with. Cameroon>Paperwork......you do the math.

EC was delivered to FlyJet (according to www.airfleets.net) on April 1st 06. Thats a bit ironic in itself! Five months and counting and the a/c hasnt carried a single passenger. Anyone at Flyjet concerned?

VOM1T
11th Aug 2006, 13:56
Is it possible, could it be within the realm of current reality, that an airline has an aircraft lease contract where it only starts paying the monthly charge once it is on its AOC ? alternatively what DOES power by the hour mean ?

goodgirl
11th Aug 2006, 15:22
FJE1...I have noticed in your posts that there is always "an announcement" coming soon of which never materializes...don't get me wrong im not having a dig at you or indeed Flyjet but if anything the morale amongst the crews is at an all time low!

fje1
11th Aug 2006, 18:45
As I recently explained due awaiting paperwork due to the company taking out the cypriot part of the company it has been difficult to gain the relevant info.
therefore EC is unable to carry any passengers until this has been rectified.
The final parts of paperwork have now been submitted to the CAA and awaiting completion.

Big news is to be released at Flyjet as I keep saying, But until this is in black and white nothing can be annouced.
I use this Pprune to address these situations as I know its hard for people who work at Flyjet to come forward and tell people their feelings or ask any questions.

For all the staffs at Flyjet, please be patient and look forward to the future. I am trying my best at the moment to make it a better place for everyone. As I am sure you will agree things have changed for the better over recent months.
- More on-time departures
- Early rosters
etc etc

With lots more on the list including the aircrafts.

goodgirl
12th Aug 2006, 00:13
"things have changed for the better over recent months"...a 767 that doesnt fly! dreadful promotions, broken ife which is never fixed, insufficient catering, no blankets, broken air conditioning, broken seat pockets, no pay rise, ,no bar commission or minimal, no cannisters in catering carts....im afraid a trip to Bermuda if and when the 767 is up and running is not going to sovle these.

Brian Fantana
12th Aug 2006, 11:47
I'm not knocking FJE or wishing to cause an argument - I'm a lover not a fighter!!
As FJE1 says FJE crews have experienced flights and places that other airlines wont have. BUT:
FJE has been around for approx 3 years now - I dont know the exact date it started operations so can it really be called a NEW airline, when does a new airline become not new.
It has 3 aeroplanes but only 2/3rds of the fleet is up and running.
As mentioned by Vomit have FJE a leasing contract where they only pay when the aircraft is on the aoc - other wise money must be being poured down the drain!!
Goodgirl hope things improve I could never be cabin crew facing all the flak from pi$$ed of pax - I take that thunderbirds styley hat off to you.
All the best FJE I watch this space with interest for the BIG NEWS announcement.

fje1
13th Aug 2006, 17:58
"things have changed for the better over recent months"...a 767 that doesnt fly! dreadful promotions, broken ife which is never fixed, insufficient catering, no blankets, broken air conditioning, broken seat pockets, no pay rise, ,no bar commission or minimal, no cannisters in catering carts....im afraid a trip to Bermuda if and when the 767 is up and running is not going to sovle these.

- My recent post explains why the 767 is not yet flying.
- What do you mean by " Dreadful Promotions " - Crew with the relevent experience are promoted which is usually the case even though not my department....
- IFE, Ongoing technical problem with one of the IFE system on one of the 757 aircraft. Due to a part awaiting delivery and the lack of ground slots for this aircraft to be taken out of service in the busy season. This will remain out of service as this is not a essential part to the aircraft operation until it can be fixed.
-A limited amount of blankets are loaded onto each flight. The PSR can request more before the flight. ( again not an essential item, But preffered by PAX)
-The air condtioning does work as this is essential to the flight departing. The temperature gauge was faulty but no affect to the safty of the aircraft.
-Broken seat pockets are fixed if reported on flight reports or to the ground engineer. depending on aircraft turnaround slots.
-Pay rise are down to contracts and the contracting agency..
-Commission- All crews have a bar commission print outs off Alpha, All commission is down to Alpha and not Flyjet. However Flyjet are having talks with Alpha about this matter.
The cart situation should be reported on flight reports and the PSR + Cabin Crew should resolve this matter before departure by contacting the ground agent ( Alpha etc) or by phoning the relevent FJE department if it would endanger any evacuation or injury.
-Bermuda, again see previous posts these flights will start when it is possible to.

All these things are self explaned really but if you need to know anything else please msg me.

HH6702
13th Aug 2006, 18:06
I think that flyjet are going to go long haul

just what im thinking

Kenny Lingus
13th Aug 2006, 20:21
Everything Goodgirl has posted is true. If the management do not start listening to and supporting their CC then they have lost. The personnel are the biggest resource they have, no people then no airline.

Ken.

Joe Havana
13th Aug 2006, 21:15
Hallelujah Brother!!!

Kenny Lingus
13th Aug 2006, 21:15
Hey Ice,

Well said but watch the old blood pressure!!:D

Ken.

Nato 35
13th Aug 2006, 21:18
Hi Joe,

How is it hangin.

35:cool:

Mr Gammon Flaps
13th Aug 2006, 23:15
How funny is that.....that was buggin me too....aircrafts.....:}

Fuel Crossfeed
13th Aug 2006, 23:34
Wont be the first time they lost a few pilots, it was only after an mass exodus that FJE raised the salaries - nothing like closing the gate after the horse has bolted.

janetplum
14th Aug 2006, 12:53
Guys this post is turning unnecessarily nasty. I think all the crew at FJE are aware of an enormous amount of problems facing us, which, appear not to be addresses by management. PPrune is a great way for us to vent our anger and make our feelings known about the current situation, however it isn't particularly productive. We need to find a way to address these problems directly with management, and to find a way of getting management to listen to us. I do believe half of the problems we are currently encountering are a matter of beauraucracy and the lack of office based staff to deal with them; such as the matter of cabin crew contracts. If anyone has any ideas on how we as crew can address these matters then I urge you to put them forward either to other members of crew, flight crew and cabin crew alike, or directly to the management team.

It is a great shame to see such animosity in a company where the crew get on so well and work so well as a team, we are in a position where there is no other way forward but to work compitently as a team. Flyjet's people, particularly the crews really are Flyjet's greatest assett, there is more experience within the crew's than you can shake a stick at and not to mention the wonderful personalities we have withn.

before I end my rant, I would like to pass this message onto the management team:

Please for the sake of crew morale, if nothing else, issue a newsletter detailing what is happening within Flyjet. Unhappy crew makes for an unhappy passenger after all!

JP

Fuel Crossfeed
14th Aug 2006, 13:43
So who has deleted Ice's post??
Janetplum pass on your messege - but it seems FJE dont learn by their mistakes. Only a year and a half ago people were leaving in their droves to other established airlines for better terms and conditions - according to Ice's deleted post more seem to be about to go (there are plenty of jobs out there!!) and from the other posts people are not happy. Will it take another exodus before management sort things.

janetplum
14th Aug 2006, 14:20
I have my doubts crossfeed, but just wanna start coming into work and there being a more upbeat atmosphere rather than the current depressing undertone which brings me down.

Brian Fantana
15th Aug 2006, 12:05
HH6702 FJE have done longhaul before to India and Ghana and are planning more executive longhaul.
gatwicknose, didnt Sabre turn into Globespan and are they not branching out into longhaul with a 767 from MAN, maybe FJE will have tie-in with them, or maybe Silverjet who are looking at longhaul using executive fit 767-200's that are rumoured to be coming from Thomsonfly, paperwork comes as standard!!
There is an article in flight magazine that two undisclosed airlines have ordered the B787 through Boeing Business Jets with executive fit, maybe FJE is one of the two, that would be big news, but I doubt it!!
According to Albert Halls post 03/08 there is not much happening to the 767 in Lasham maybe thats why there was no announcement.
All the best

gatwicknose
15th Aug 2006, 15:50
Excel evolved from Sabre...many apologies....my concern is that a ***** is in place....not a good thing unless you are desperate... My question is when are FFC going to bale out here??

Thunderball 2
15th Aug 2006, 16:31
Sorry, gatwicknose, didn't mean to put your name in quotes, made a mess of the technology.

Stanstedeye
15th Aug 2006, 16:41
fje1
A FLYJET 757 out of maintenance departed SEN today at 11.45.

The FLYJET 757 is now back at SEN in the maintenance area.

diesel862
15th Aug 2006, 17:31
G-OJMB A330 Thomas Cook was subbed in to cover the EGKK-GCTS flight.

D

PPRuNe Pop
15th Aug 2006, 19:04
Step back a minute guys! Think this way. You post with all the anonimity you require or perhaps like, yet some of you think its OK to mention names, quite openly sometimes.

Soooooo, how would you like it if I mention your name after you betrayed the trust you signed up to uphold when you registered on PPRuNe. Fair enough or what??

THINK BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR POST!!!!

gatwicknose
16th Aug 2006, 08:17
Point taken..... Sorry folks....

Mr Angry from Purley
16th Aug 2006, 20:06
Not sure its in the best interests of your Airline to rant like this. Most Airlines have issues but this is not the best place to view your concerns.
My own personal view (only from the experience of working for 9 different airlines) is that you should be glad that your employed by FJE at the moment, enjoy it whilst you can. If its that bad then you have got to look after no 1
:\

lgwechobravo
16th Aug 2006, 21:14
After reading this thread over the past few days I felt the urge to reply.

Flyjet is a small, independant charter company who is slowly building itself a reputation in the industry. We have completed the usual charter contracts in the UK and carried out a various range of sub work for other airlines to some very far flung places, experience the crews have loved, despite it sometimes being far from exotic or glamourous.

Sure, the airline has their problems.

Yes, management don't seem to communicate very well but has anyone ever thought that what they do know may well be commercially sensitive?
we are told that they are constantly in discussions for new contracts for short and long term. Indeed at the start of this summer, Flyjet signed a 3 year deal with XL.

The 767 thing is very frustrating for the staff at flyjet, who in the most part are dedicated, hard working and very well experienced. Wether or not it will work out, only time will tell. I do agree with various comments regarding the reliability of the 2 757 a/c. They do let us down more than we would hope but decent 757 a/c at a competitive lease rate are very hard to find, particularly for a small airline like Flyjet. Yes the interiors are tired and we constantly tell management that they need updating and the IFE fixing, as that is a top priority for many pax on longer charter sectors.

Apart from LGW, the bases at MAN and NCL (new this year) are performing well. MAN has a full programme and NCL has a busy summer and equally busy programme for the winter. Yes there was a slight hiccup when we had to rely on XL to cover the work using Finnair a/c for 2 months, but on the whole pax reactions at NCL where FJE had no previous reputation is very good. The staff up there have done an excellent job in creating a good thing.

For those staff who are leaving it is entirely their decision. Flyjet, in some peoples mind may not be that secure, but who is to say any other airline is more secure, particularly in this climate.

While I am not agreeing or disagreeing with posts made here, lets give Flyjet a chance, or at the very least stop the nastiness and if someone has something to say do it diplomatically. No other airline seems to suffer on these forums like FJE!!

:D

one on one
16th Aug 2006, 22:05
Just like lgwechobravo i have been reading this forum lately,and would just like to say that i agree with them in all they say.
Even if crews do not agree with certain aspects of the company then surely they should atleast be sticking together and continue having fun at work to get through this time of low morale!!! They have done it before and can do it again.:\
The crew work extremely hard and in time i hope will be rewarded. There is a future so lets wait and see what it brings. :) :ok:

VOM1T
17th Aug 2006, 11:06
"Even if crews do not agree with certain aspects of the company then surely they should atleast be sticking together and continue having fun at work to get through this time of low morale!!! They have done it before and can do it again." one on one.

Fair comment, but face it - This isn't Kansas anymore, Toto and you should know whose Kingdom you're at, wycked or good, eh Rumad ?

TCX69
17th Aug 2006, 22:30
FJE838 MAN-Arrecife 16:00 Delayed 03:00
FJE839 Arrecife-MAN 01:30 Delayed 12:15
FJE420 LGW-Corfu 05:40 Delayed 21:25

:ugh:

Stpaul
18th Aug 2006, 09:37
There must be some SICK individuals about that take pleasure in others misfortunes. Give this airline a break, no doubt its trying its best and should we all not want to see more airlines suceed. It is the business we are in.
It only has 2 (3) aircraft, but there seems to be a lot of people having a crack at it, go get a life, preferable one away from aviation.

TCX69
18th Aug 2006, 12:00
FJE864DDalamanTerminal 1 International18/08/06 07:10:00 Delayed 18/08/06 13:00:00FJE865ADalamanTerminal 1 International18/08/06 Delayed 16:55:0018/08/06 23:55:00

13:15FJE421CORFU DELAYED 2115
05:40 FJE420CORFU DELAYED North Terminal
21:00 FJE454TENERIFE-SOUTH DELAYED 2200 North Terminal

:ugh:

Flying Torquewrench
18th Aug 2006, 12:54
Please people, GROW UP.

I don't work for Flyjet but it starts to :mad: me off that some people only post on this thread to show everybody the delays Flyjet has. Take a look on various airport arrival information pages and you will see that EVERY charter airline has one of its flights delayed.

There is one thing you have to keep in mind. One day it can be the company that pays YOUR salary!! It's going alright in the industry at the moment but your and mine company can go bust without warning. And when that happens your might be knocking on Flyjets door for a job.

hoey5o
18th Aug 2006, 13:23
Here Here Torquewrench

gatwicknose
18th Aug 2006, 13:44
Rumour has it that three new directors have joined FJE one to be financial and two others...one or more are ex aer-lingus.... one or two resignations as well possibly in the sales and crewing departments... anyone else heard anything about this???

RUMAD
18th Aug 2006, 17:47
I work for flyjet and have no idea about that one,but then again the crew are always the last to know about anything! we had a news letter in june and they said there would be one every month to keep us up dated and look we're in august now and we've had nothing.

lgwechobravo
19th Aug 2006, 11:41
For those cynics of you who are interested, Flyjet will restart flying from their new, Newcastle base again at the beginning of September. Previously flying from their has gone very smoothly with very minimal delays and excellent passenger reactions (a credit to the dedication and experience of FJE crews!!!).

Just a thought, but maybe, we are jinxed at LGW!!

I for one, while have grievances like everyone else and have the ability to pick faults with Flyjet and every other charter airline, cause lets face it each and every airline has delays and problems hope we expand, perhaps slowly and gradually become, probably not a huge player in the adhoc charter market but a company with a reputation for good service.:D

Flightrider
5th Sep 2006, 12:57
Can anyone explain something to me. Flyjet already holds a UK Civil Aviation Authority Type A Operating Licence, as its name appears on the CAA list here (http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?categoryid=183&pagetype=90&pageid=340).

However, according to today's Civil Aviation Authority Official Record (here (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/213/1763.pdf)), they have applied for another one.

Why would you need to do this?

Le Tirer
5th Sep 2006, 13:52
The current licence is for charter flights only:

Flyjet Ltd
Route Licence authorising charter flights for the carriage of passengers and/or cargo and/or mail between any combination of points anywhere in the world, subject to the terms of the licence holder's Air Operator's Certificate.

The new application includes scheduled flights:

S/057 Flyjet Limited has applied to operate scheduled flights between any combination of points, within the terms of the holder’s Air Operator’s Certificate
C/057 Flyjet Limited has applied to operate chartered flights between any combination of points, within the terms of the holder’s Air Operator’s Certificate

I'm no expert but this looks like a likely reason to me.

gatwicknose
5th Sep 2006, 14:06
The Flyfirstclass operation is a scheduled flight....so no great surprise here...there are also as couple of other irons in the fire which will need a scheduled licence....could this mean that the 767 issue is nearly solved?? it would seem pointless to have one without the other??

Brian Fantana
5th Sep 2006, 19:07
Gatwicknose - the Silverjet operation is scheduled flights too, is that one of the irons??

lgwechobravo
5th Sep 2006, 19:20
Was wondering myself what the irons were? Always the last to hear :}

I see flyjet are back in NCL, lets hope no more hiccups there!

gatwicknose
6th Sep 2006, 08:26
Its like a spiders web...lots of links between lots of operations...will know more soon

Brian Fantana
6th Sep 2006, 12:22
The Silverjet website says they are "in advanced negotiations to secure options on another 3 aircraft" could that be EA,EB and EC????? Interesting!!

gatwicknose
7th Sep 2006, 08:54
more news by the end of the day I hope....767 still sleeping at lasham...seats in storage....silverpeople spotted at FJE HQ

lgwechobravo
7th Sep 2006, 10:14
By the end of the day.....oh do let us know. The next staff newsletter has been a long time coming and staff are itching to know what fate holds in store for us!

gatwicknose
7th Sep 2006, 14:18
LGW EB... usual deal..... start looking for some biz class seats for the 757!!

daz211
7th Sep 2006, 14:41
would this be anything to do with
stansted-bermuda wilmington route (flyfirstclass)
just looked at the website lots more on it now

planned times arr/dep
mon/thu dep STN 1000 arr STN 0640 stansted-bermuda-stansted
fri/sun dep STN 0845 arr STN 1240 stansted-bermuda-wilmington

flight opp by flyjet 90 seats 3 class's
first class 10 seats
biz class 54 seats
suite class 26 seats

website says ticket sales will begin 4th quarter 2006

nclbase
7th Sep 2006, 17:12
So does that mean Flyjet will be reconfiguring one of the present 757's or acquiring another?

lgwechobravo
7th Sep 2006, 17:44
So what does fate hold in store for our 767 a/c, considering that it was supposed to operate FFC routes ex STN?

Surely an extra a/c needs to be sought for FJE to complete contracts it has gained! NCL needs an a/c year round, as does MAN. LGW also requires a unit, usuallly kept fairly busy with subs and the usual charter work. Carried out quite alot of interesting sub work last winter.

Incidentally is the management looking at more than 3 years work for NCL where the XL contract was signed? From down here it looks as though NCL is FJE's most successful contract yet, with positive pax reactions and excellent punctuality!

Lets hope this big announcement, when it comes is the start of a new life for Flyjet!:ok:

nivsy
9th Sep 2006, 09:45
Was massive delay of this flight back to UK from Faro 07 Sept. W3hen did the FJE423 eventually land? Anyone know? Thanx.

nicksfix
9th Sep 2006, 13:00
really what is going on a flyjet, apparantly a flight went last night with another company operating and the flyjet crew just doing bar service. some answers are needed now!!!!!

TJ747
9th Sep 2006, 13:55
well if you think about it, 2 a/c 3 bases MAN/LGW/NCL, i believe the lgw base had less flights remaining once the a/c went back to ncl so i spose it makes sense to subb the remainder of the lgw flights and consolidate what you can.

The problem you face with subbing is that you may not allways be able to get the a/c you need at the time you need it, hence delays and if there is little available in the market, you have to take what you can get and ride with the delay.

If an airline that you have subbed in to operate your flight and are using the original airlines bar then most airlines will put a few crew on to help with the bar paperwork etc etc. It can also have its drawbacks in the fact that if it is a hefty delay and only a few fje crew on board, they may take a bit of flak for it but you can turn this round and make it as an opportunity to explain to the customer what has happened and try and do some service recovery. For a customer to hear it from the horses mouth rather than just being given a letter and thats it, can make alot of difference. The fje crew do a brilliant job and i know that their personalitys will shine through delivering what they do best.

:ok: :ok:

nicksfix
9th Sep 2006, 14:48
err right ok , does anyone at flyjet got any answers

TJ747
9th Sep 2006, 15:55
nicksfix:

if you read what i have wrote previuosly, it answers your questions:

2 a/c 3 bases - one base will suffer

crew doing bars - explained in my last post, if the bars belonged to you, would you not want to make sure that the correct prices were being charged, an unfamiliar bar to the operating crew hence the need for fje crew to be present to assist, plus the bar paperwork to complete. Many airlines do this if using their own bars.

Does the above answer your question:

"really what is going on a flyjet, apparantly a flight went last night with another company operating and the flyjet crew just doing bar service. some answers are needed now!!!!!"

lukeylad
9th Sep 2006, 17:31
Christ on a bike will you lot give this company a chance they have 3 AIRCRAFT!! you cant expect them to be perfect all the time!! look at xcel i condiser them to be worse than flyjet when it comes to delays!!

lgwechobravo
10th Sep 2006, 11:10
TJ747 when you say 2 a/c 3 bases - one will suffer and I have to agree with you.

At the moment NCL seems to be the most well performing base within FJE. Full flying programme, both during summer and winter, with fairly good reputation being established. Ditto for MAN, as far as flying programme goes. LGW has no firm flying programne for rest of summer or winter. However with NCL being the newest baby will it be them that suffer or will it be HQ? nothing is predictable in Flyjet.

We do, however, if the right investment is made and decent contracts gained have the potential to be a quality, small charter operator. FJE crews consistently get positive reactions and we are one of the only charter companies left where everyone gets a hotmeal. So management, lets make this work at all of our bases and make something we can be proud of.

Oh and finally, lukeylad, here here!!! Give us a chance :ok:

lgwechobravo
11th Sep 2006, 18:21
It appears my namesake, EB is sick, very poorly. FJE now have to somehow manage to operate a full programme at MAN and NCL using one a/c. How on earth?

Flightrider
11th Sep 2006, 20:38
Think they have covered most of it with subs ex MAN and kept NCL relatively unscathed.

Anyone know when the sale will be announced?

nclbase
12th Sep 2006, 03:38
What sale would this be?

Stpaul
12th Sep 2006, 10:36
Oh lets look at the evidence.

One skint airline, but with pilots, aircraft and everything set up, including recent application for scheduled flights.
One paper airline (ok a few staff), no pliots, no aircraft, who want to do scheduled flights and £25 million to spend.

Could it be Goldjet?
Could it be Bronzejet?
umm! Now whats left??

lgwechobravo
12th Sep 2006, 14:57
How do you know that FJE are skint? Nobody but people involved in finance would be privvy to such information! Its funny, that ever since day 1 people have said we'll run out of money, or they'll go under - never last, yet we are still here flying around.

Sure, the management might have alot of fingers in alot of pies, but I think we are a long way from skint. What we have to do withn Gold/bronze or Silverjet, nobody knows among general staff, but it possibly should there be some kind of merger (not saying there will) could be a good thing, though don't think FJE will give up the run of the mill stuff, i.e holiday charters. Keeps company going, particularly MAN/NCL where decent length agreements are in place.

Banzai Eagle
12th Sep 2006, 17:50
LGWECHOB

Suggesting that FJE are skint is just a pereption based on information on this thread which suggests they have had a bad summer (subbing in a Thomas Cook A330 does not come cheap), and whose paying for a 767 sitting in Lasham or wherever it is.

lifesabeach
13th Sep 2006, 07:54
How on earth are Flyjet keeping this one rolling, they have FJEB seriously 'unwell' with major engine problems in the hangar and are now using FJEA to cover both MAN and NCL bases... You will see that NCL flights are suffering up to now a 3 hour delay... this is because the a/c is covering the night TFS from MAN to then be shipped back to NCL to cover the programme there... How much in landing fees alone, how much embarrassment for the crew, did Excel know what they'd let themselves in for when they contracted this work out to Fly Jet?

TCX535K 07:45 IBIZA DEPARTED 0759
FR173 07:50 DUBLIN DEPARTED 0823
FJE606 08:05 PAPHOS CHECK-IN 32 - 34 DELAYED PROV 1100 := :ugh:
SN2188 08:15 BRUSSELS DEPARTED 0831
BE142 08:55 SOUTHAMPTON GO TO GATE 10 *** LAST CALL ***
BA1325 09:10 LONDON HEATHROW GO TO GATE 3

How long can this airline keep this up? I worry for the crews and the people involved, this has to come crashing down sooner or later?
:sad:

gatwicknose
13th Sep 2006, 08:22
Life is indeed a beach!!! Why so quick to bash FJE..everyone has tech delays...the issue is magnified when you have a small fleet...how about talking to the CAA with EC sitting at Lasham ready to fly and ATOL holders able to cover the financials for charter operations what are the consumer protection branch getting at... EC could gave been used to cover the gaps here..

fje1
13th Sep 2006, 10:08
FJE are not skint!!!!!! End of

Over the winter season Flyjet came 4th in OTP which is a huge increase from last year and are proud of. This is higher than major airlines First Choice, Monarch and Excel. :D

The winter season is now available on the flyjet website which is currently being updated.
This shows flights from Newcastle and flights for the thailand routes starting this year. ;)

So crew please don't take note of any of the crap on here, things are happening for a reason.

whyowhy
13th Sep 2006, 11:16
FJE1 - are FJE likely to be taking on more staff to sustain the growth in routes - specifically ground based?

Also, your website is down at the moment.....

daz211
13th Sep 2006, 11:31
FJE is to be used on Stansted-bermuba route (TRUE or FALSE).:confused:

fje1
13th Sep 2006, 19:24
as stated in my previous post website is being updated and now running.

Newcastle winter:
757 -
TUE – Tenerife
WED – Fuerteventura
THU – Arrecife
FRI – Tenerife
SAT – Las Palmas
SUN – Sharm El Sheik

Other bases:

Flyjet is pleased to announce the signing of a long term agreement with Scanways the Largest Danish Independent Tour Operator and the 3rd largest overall in the country.
Commencing in December 2006 Flyjet will be operating on behalf of Scanways from Copenhagen to long haul destinations during the months of DEC through to APR for the next three winters

The Boeing 757-200ER aircraft will be operated in a 219 passenger seat configuration and will operate ETOPS routing across the Bay of Bengal to the destinations in Thailand

Destinations for the first winter are:
TUE, THU & SAT – Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates
TUE – Bangkok, Thailand - fortnightly
TUE – Goa, India – fortnightly
THU & SAT – Phuket, Thailand

767 to fly too.

fje1
13th Sep 2006, 19:27
Flyjet does not currently recruit its own ground staff . But sub-contract this in.
Contracts may change ( cantering/cleaning services ) for next year but nothing is for certain for summer 2007 as of yet...

whyowhy
13th Sep 2006, 19:33
So will one 757 be reconfigured and the other be NCL based? What will the 76 do?

nicksfix
13th Sep 2006, 20:45
really someone needs to start stating some facts on here, all this is no good, flyjet is a nice little company trying its best, all this gossip is no good for anyone.

lgwechobravo
13th Sep 2006, 20:53
nicksfix well said, how about some people making some positive comments on an independant charter airline, with excellent staff and crews and an improving OTP record.

However, FJE1 maybe you need to release another staff newsletter and keep us updated on whats happening, putting these rumours to rest! If its one thing that annoys us staff here at FJE it is the not knowing and feel like we are being kept in the dark. The last newsletter was quite useful in that respect.

fje1
13th Sep 2006, 22:00
lgwechobravo- I am glad you agree that the positive comments are a great thing to see.

The recent newsletter that was to be issued was scrapped, due to the huge amount going on and changing.
I am sure you know and the rest of the staffs do that big things are going on, and it would not be fair to release the infomation for it to changed and make flyjet another slag off on here.
No.1 seems to know whats going on apart from those at the top. But when the info is ready everyone will know i'll make sure of it.

Flyjet said they will return to longhaul this year and they have, you should expect many fantastic trips and an excellent suntan :ok:.
I'll admit not much flying going on at some bases, but is all for a reason. IE- market change for the company now focusing on new target range etc ( a little bit more info for u there ;))
Who knows if the summer charters we now have will return next year or if the company will just focus on a different product.Have to wait and see what we can get.
Enjoy the time off as its going to get BUSY.

and to answer the 767 question - we have one :ugh:
it will fly Flyjet is ready for it to start its engines once more but the CAA need the fuel to get going. :p

and for winter OTP :D and summer :rolleyes: who knows

lgwechobravo
14th Sep 2006, 10:53
[QUOTE][/Who knows if the summer charters we now have will return next year or if the company will just focus on a different product.Have to wait and see what we can get.QUOTE]

Did FJE not sign a contract with XL for charter flying for 3 years, MAN and NCL - the reason NCL was opened? Does this mean that we could withdraw from this contract, which at the moment seems to be our income?

What employees want to know is that is there light at the end of the tunnel, which at the moment in our vision is quite a dark tunnel? and are we secure (secure as we can be in the airline industry)?

whyowhy
14th Sep 2006, 11:53
I fee sorry for the crews at FJE - lgwechobravo shoudl not have to use this to communicate with management. Absolutely not! It is a public forum and it is being used as a staff notice board.

fje1
14th Sep 2006, 12:16
Any crew at FJE can come speak to anyone at any time......

The NCL contract is 3 yrs....

The winter program we have is 3 years on the Thailand’s...
All the info I can give is given.

What seems to be might not always be the case, e.g. -so don't assume that is the only sauce of income.

After the worry last year Flyjet now works with a company who actively seeks work for the airline constantly. So nobody should be worrired about the turnover of the airline and the worry of work.

A fourth a/c is still on the cards for next year.....
As said in the last post the 767 is ready to go and isn't on Flyjet's hands its awaiting the CAA. So nothing we can do........

I only come on here to see what poeple are saying about the company, and try to make things better as I know its hard to come talk to management without the thought of getting fired. This is not the case if you want to talk, come and see us and explain your concerns.

bacardi walla
14th Sep 2006, 13:27
Which source http://img25.imagevenue.com/loc537/th_44202_sauce_122_537lo.jpg (http://img25.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=44202_sauce_122_537lo.jpg)

euroman
15th Sep 2006, 13:18
Looks like another bad day at Manchester, its now 14.15 and the 07.10 flight to Dalaman hasn't left yet, also it says on the arrival board that it is due to land back at MAN at 01.45 not 16.55 as planned.

Hope you have a good run soon,

Mr A Tis
15th Sep 2006, 14:23
It's been the same story for a week or so. Subbing in Atlanta B743, Thomas Cook A332, EuroAtlantic B763 all to replace a B752. Must be costing Flyjet an absolute arm & a leg.
Shame the flying programme has gone so pear shaped, must be heartbreaking for the crews to be sat at home.

SWBKCB
16th Sep 2006, 07:01
Anybody know what the problem is with 'EB and when it is due back in service? :confused:

Nato 35
16th Sep 2006, 09:13
Did a CFU last night, SSH today, RHO tonite and LCA tomorrow. Not sure of the probs though.

35 :cool:

Fuel Crossfeed
16th Sep 2006, 09:59
Mr A tis I take it your last sentence is said with a hint of sarcasm.
Looking at the flights Nato35 has mentioned, I would much prefer to sit at home than operate those. Friday night CFU nasty- I have shivers down my spine!!:\

Mr A Tis
16th Sep 2006, 12:10
No sarcasim intended I'm afraid.
IF EB operated to CFU Friday night from MAN, it didn't come back !!
The Friday flight is delayed until tonight ( sat) & being operated by Excel.
So don't know where EB is.

fje1
16th Sep 2006, 13:57
EB is very very poorly:yuk: in manchester. :ugh: Its just one of those things I guess. But with a small fleet its more noticable than with other larger airlines. So when this happens nothing goes and has to get sub'd out.
Should be flying for tonights 22:55 RHO or tomorrows LCA depending on if the parts arrive.

lgwechobravo
16th Sep 2006, 16:06
Is the latest rumour true, that the CAA are investigating FJE's practices and aircraft?

Thats the latest doing the rounds. Sometimes staff find it quite hard to shrug of the rumours that circulate, particularly those of this gravity, which generate so much discussion, slagging off etc as Flyjet seem to do on here and other internet based chats. Not only the internet, but the general industry as a whole. Sometimes I just hope for another small airline to start up and give people some other company to slag off and start rumours about.:ugh:

Get well soon EB, you're giving me a complex!!!:{

Nato 35
16th Sep 2006, 17:39
Sorrrreeeeyyyy. Got it wrong,ignore my last as that is what the sched was. Just thought it might have happened!!!!!!!!!!!

35:cool:

fje1
16th Sep 2006, 18:01
EB is all better and is now on route to SSH.

NO other airline needs slaggin off coz its new. No airline deserves to have this.

Plus the CAA are not investigating Flyjet and is just another thing sum1 has thought up to make the company seem crap, when in fact it is a nice airline to work for when its going smoothly like all airlines.
If the CAA had any doubt the A/C would be grounded and the company would be no more.

LCA Bound
23rd Sep 2006, 06:07
EB is all better and is now on route to SSH

I hope EB or EA which ever one is doing the 10 am flight to larnaca is feeling top draw as its going to have to carry all my mrs luggage :)
I must admit Flyjet seem to get a hard time on here , ive flown once before with them on this route and found them on time and i cant fault the cabin crew very friendly whilst still being proffesional and im looking forward to Flying with them tomorrow :cool:

Localiser Green
26th Sep 2006, 08:36
Over the winter season Flyjet came 4th in OTP which is a huge increase from last year and are proud of. This is higher than major airlines First Choice, Monarch and Excel. :D

Shame it isn't continuing into the summer season, results for the first 3 months show Flyjet pegged to the bottom of the league table again: http://www.flightontime.info/summer2006.

The detailed Flyjet page shows an average delay at Manchester of 131 minutes!! (http://www.flightontime.info/charter/airlines/fje06.html). That must be some kind of record. :uhoh:

take-off
26th Sep 2006, 09:16
just thort id say flew to tfs on tues with flyjet as a cosmos charter only booked the day before and got it well cheap, have to say all credit to the guys working there , was one of the best flights have been on, have to say after reading the posts on here i was thinking that i might get to airport and find the plane nowhere in sight..but watched it come in while waiting in departures ,left on time got to tfs 10 mins early, cabin crew were great, excellent infact, had several announcements from flight deck and have to say the service given overall, compares well if not was better than what had off thomson/monarch or first choice ... anyway just wanted to say keep up the good work guys, do what your doing now and things can only look up,
appologies for waffling on but , seem theres a lot of people out there that dont seem to be happy unless there knocking the little guys, just wanted to say ur doing a great job.. and no i dont work for flyjet , just slf who like planes......:) :) :) :)

lgwechobravo
28th Sep 2006, 09:43
take-off, thankyou for your comments. Flyjet do offer a very good service onboard and its crews are very dedicated, with a great deal of experience.

Nice to see a positive comment for a change. :D

take-off
28th Sep 2006, 17:14
lgwechobravo

no probs my friend, was a great service, cant remember now if we had the cheesey music to take off/land too, bit the what the old britannia 'Royal Service' was like back when britannia was a good airline.unlike the flight back with Lte/myair total cock up by ground with seating had people sat all over place not together in wrong seats, crew were miserable, had people moving all over the place.... couldnt of been any different...

lgwechobravo
29th Sep 2006, 09:23
Flyjet do have the makings of becoming a respected, niche charter carrier. Not a 'normal' charter operator similar to the likes of FCA, TOM etc, but a carrier who flies adhocs, scheduled services to further flung places etc.

I'd say all we need to improve pax reactions is cabin interior makeovers and to definately improve OTP.

take-off
29th Sep 2006, 13:12
lgwechobravo

yeah cabins could be better but guess as you get more /newr planes thatl get better as time goes on.