PDA

View Full Version : Twin Endorsement Approval.

brown_eyes
31st May 2006, 04:06
After obtaining META how long does it take to obtain endorsement approval? The reason I ask this question is that 2 colleagues of mine did all their training with an instructor with META, however he could not sign them out because he did not have the approval. I have heard in the past, instructors who obtained META had to recommend 3 candidates who CASA then checked and only if they were successful would the instructor be given endorsement privileges.

Does this still apply??? I guess the older guys would have seen this occur and could respond.

Hugh Jarse
31st May 2006, 04:22
I've been out of the training scene for a while now, and things may have changed. When I did mine I could do the training for it with anyone with Multi Engine Training Approval, but had to do the final approval check with an ATO approved for the purpose, or CASA.

I chose the ATO:8

brown_eyes
31st May 2006, 04:44
The question is,theinstructor already has Multi Engine Training Approval but cannot do the final check or fill in the paper work and put his name to it so that the student can have it put on his licence.

In the PAST I believe the instructor was initially given the approval to TRAIN the student but did not have the approval to ENDORSE the pilot until he prooved he could train the student to a proper standard.

The Endorsement Approval was only given after the instructor recommended 3 students for the endorsement which CASA then flight checked and only after they were seen as reaching the proper standard was the instructor given Endorsement Approval. After which HE did the fnal check and signed out the paper work. Has this changed ???
Or does the instructor nowadays have the endorsement privilege once he gets META.

Reverseflowkeroburna
31st May 2006, 05:00
b_e,

I too have not instructed for some years now, but back when I was involved in such, only Grade 1 or grade 2 instructors could "sign off" the endorsement paperwork. This was the case for anything needing a sticky label, including special design features etc. If a Grade 3 did your training for a CSU/retract, twin endo. etc, you would have to fly with another instructor, CFI, ATO etc. at some time to obtain the logbook sticker.

Hoping that helps.............RFKB :ok:

Hugh Jarse
31st May 2006, 05:05
Okay, I see your question now. Once I did my final check with the ATO, that immediately gave me full approval to certify the trainee, and complete the endorsement paperwork. There was no requirement for CASA to monitor any of my work (or probationary period).

Things may have changed, though.:E

Hope this helps.