PDA

View Full Version : ETIHAD CREWING

Smirnoff Ice
30th May 2006, 14:47
I've read lots of stuff about Etihad, both good and bad, is there anyone who can give a proper view of things??
ie what are they really like to work for as a Crew Controller!??

Ta
si :ok:

blackbox
31st May 2006, 08:35
Look at Etihad with the broader view, and not from what you read on pprune. :=

Its like trying to redecorate your house and you do all the rooms at the same time - it gonna be busy and manic!

Etihad are a relatively young company and being the official state airline of the UAE have loads of cash behind them. Expansion is impressive, (ie 5 new 773ER's since March) - A345 start delivery in July - 2nd A380 customer behind Singapore etc. etc. etc.

Don't expect to go there are work for more established airlines like Emirates or Qatar. Things are gonna be a little basic, but remember - you can take the satisfaction of being part of something from the early days....

As a crew controller, you will work hard with relatively constrained amount of crew for such a young company, still trying to attract the numbers that the established carriers get.. (ive been there!).:ugh:

Go for it!! - it'll be fun. :ok: :E

walla
31st May 2006, 11:54
Any idea on the money and perks that are on offer?

towerringcumulus
6th Jun 2006, 17:52
Frm what info I got, salary in Euros approx 2,200 Euros a mth max. As with all the rest of us in this company though housing will be a BIG ISSUE. Check that whats on offer will allow you to live in a nice place without paying from your own wallet := . Crewing is using AIMS.
Company is a challenge but is slowly moving fwd. Ops seem to have a pretty good team but thats more tan can be said for their dept head.
It's tru there's a lot of new aircraft arriving now and that looks set to continue.
AUH is a good place to live. Nice city and safe with low cost of living.
Good luck :ok:

sec 3
6th Jun 2006, 18:52
If you're going to post, get your facts straight.A345 is arriving in a week, as for being the second airline to get the 380, think again:confused: It won't be until 2008

walla
7th Jun 2006, 15:00
Cheers Towerringcumulus,

Not kean on salary, even though it is tax free its still not very much, is it expensive to live out there?
What is the score with girlfriends moving out there?

Cheers in advance
Walla

towerringcumulus
9th Jun 2006, 10:49
Walla,

Cost of living low except acomodation. Cars and gas cheap so you can live a good quality. It's not dry here either so you can have a good night out on a very reasonable budget!
As for girlfriends moving out it's more problems than its worth. Officially once you are resident in UAE you must be married to live with a girl. having said that it don't seem to be strictly enforced BUT if you're not married she wouldn't be able to do things like drive or buy a car etc - all that needs a husbands permission. Maybe she could be a crew controller too and then you just do what you want and keep it quiet!?
Want my advice, the company is worth a look at so take the free flight and a couple of nights in AUH for the interview and just be sure to ask the right questions and see the others for advice if you get a chance. Don't believe anything you're told that isn't written.

TC

walla
10th Jun 2006, 00:46
Cheers for the advise, it just so happens that she is a crewing bod as well so i will definately consider it.
Cheers
walla

ecei
17th Jun 2006, 19:30
Tower, I would be very interested in joining Etihad. I have experience in both crewing and ops.

Iīve been trying to send my cv using the careers website but canīt get through.

Do you have, by any chance, any email where i can send my cv?

Would you be so kind to send me a message with that email?

Thanks a million!