PDA

View Full Version : Monarch Airlines

MANAGP
26th Nov 2004, 11:14
Standby for the ad in flight, but Monarch are recruiting with a preference for type rated (B757 & A320) pilots.

expedite_climb
26th Nov 2004, 11:35
So thats all big 4 charters recruiting this winter then..... Good luck guys - times are hopefully on the up for those hunting.

no sponsor
26th Nov 2004, 14:06
I had my medical the other day, and a Monarch pilot was in the waiting room with me. He said that it was a sh!t time to be coming into the industry because My Travel had just released 150 757/767 drivers. I guess those guys will be heading their way.

Fuel Crossfeed
27th Nov 2004, 11:38
Does anyone know what the selection process is, tests, sim ride interview etc etc.
MANAGP What exeperience is required, preference to type rating you say, what about hours on type??
Thanks

MANAGP
28th Nov 2004, 22:33
Standard Interview, nothing too tricky! Questions based on experience so if you are 500hrs expect the odd tech question if you are 5000hrs expect very little testing!
No sim.
Company prefers A320/B757 rated pilots with line flying experience.

clearfortheoption
29th Nov 2004, 13:56
MANAGP,

Last year a large number of FOswere employed from CTC,do you know if this is going to be the case this year?

Thank you for the heads up!

CFTO

jmc1980
29th Nov 2004, 19:44
Thanks CFTO, I was just about to ask the same question!

MAX
30th Nov 2004, 08:39
Probably not the answer you are looking for but I very recently met a CTC A320 pilot who had just been dropped by Monarch after their six months. I dont know if they were an exception.

Good Luck.

MAX:cool:

green lemon
30th Nov 2004, 08:48
hello

whay kind of roster do we have to expect on/off

thanck

TOPFLIGHT
30th Nov 2004, 09:34
No sponsor - ur Mon pilot was very poorly informed-MYT did not lay off any 75/76 drivers ! A number have resigned to go to BA/SQ but no Boeing guys have been pushed.

Cruise Alt
30th Nov 2004, 10:17
Sorry, you are both wide of the mark.

MYT initailly making 118 redundancies in a 21st centuary politically correct Last in First Out way (ie proportionally the same percentage of females as males if made redundant)

Now down to about the 20 mark because many pilots have left to join other airline - predominantly Virgin and GB.

However the remaining redundancies are most likely to be Airbus pilots because they are the junior ones.

Just to keep the record straight!

Violet Garlic
30th Dec 2004, 17:46
Hi folks ... Has anyone had an interview with Monarch in the last week or so?

If so I'd be most interested to gain a 'heads up'.

Most favours returned but don't ask the impossible!

Thank you in advance.

VG.

TEN DOLLAR
30th Dec 2004, 20:50
Hi there,

I recently had an interview with Monarch and I'm pleased to tell you that there were no aptitude tests or Sim ride. In fact it was a fairly informal friendly chat with two fleet Captains. There were no technical questions. The main part of the interview involved discussing my experiences in my current job.

I have recently been through the tests for BA at Cranebank and for me Monarch's approach was a breath of fresh air. I think the main thing they are looking for is personality and can they sit next to you for a 6 hour flight and not want to kill you!

Best of luck

TD:ok:

Violet Garlic
31st Dec 2004, 01:19
Thanks TenDollar _

It always makes a difference when you have a bit of a heads-up for the interview. TA.

chuckyaeger
31st Dec 2004, 15:29
Has Monarch started the interviews for there recent advertisement in Flight?

MrBernoulli
1st Jan 2005, 14:43
Yes, started in early Dec 04. A couple of friends had theirs before Christmas.

viabon
2nd Jan 2005, 07:30
Hi Guys ,

Do you have a Monarch's email application ?

Thanks for co-operation.

schooner
2nd Jan 2005, 10:43
From their website:

"We regret that we cannot accept e-mail applications. Prospective candidates should apply in writing to:

Chief Pilot
Monarch Airlines Limited
Prospect House
London Luton Airport
Luton
Bedfordshire
LU2 9NU
United Kingdom "

Cheers.

sausagefingers
11th Sep 2005, 21:26
Hi I have Just Been offered an interview with monarch in a few weeks. Has anyone got any info what to expect please....
Cheers Sausage
:ok:

Jinkster
12th Sep 2005, 17:41
sausagefingers,

Just wondered if it would be possible for a quick run down of your experience and hours.

Feel free to PM if you like,

Thanks,
Jinkster :)

sausagefingers
12th Sep 2005, 20:22
Thankyou sky, will let you know if i am successful.............:ok: :ok:

Blue system
13th Sep 2005, 19:45
Anyone know if and when I can expect an answer to my Monarch application I sent 12 days ago?

:confused:

Regards,

Bluesystem.

viabon
5th Oct 2005, 18:22
Hi all ,

Any opportunity on A300-600 in Monarch?

Thanks for your reply.

Hudson Bay
4th Mar 2006, 13:08
In flight this week. They need about 20-30 F/Os. Good news!!!

ONEWORLD_86
4th Mar 2006, 13:28
what were the requirements?
Still need a large amount of hours?

wings87
4th Mar 2006, 15:16
At least 500 hrs on Type experience.........same old story..........

A320rider
4th Mar 2006, 15:33
wonderful!

at least we have a hope once we got 500h.

eaglejet? please help me!!!!:yuk:

Sphinx
4th Mar 2006, 15:47
Don't believe everything you read in terms of hours and type required. They might not take very low hours but they might take non-type rated. I always read adverts as what an airline would like ideally, but if they can't get that where do they turn to? Probably to those who have applied but don't have the type-rating.

Good luck....

Hudson Bay
4th Mar 2006, 19:06
I know of one pilot that has been taken from the pool with no type experience.

haughtney1
4th Mar 2006, 19:15
Hudson...thats mostly on the FBW fleet, I got taken on the B757 with 700hrs on type, and a few thousand hours.

scroggs
5th Mar 2006, 11:52
This is the blurb from the website, though you should be aware that it might not be fully up to date - some companies are very lax at keeping their web info updated:

What qualifications do pilot applicants need?

Minimum qualifications for pilot applicants are a UK or JAR-FCL, ATPL (or frozen ATPL), MCC course and 2500 hours flying experience, of which 500 hours must have been completed on a heavy turboprop or jet in excess of 15 tonnes. Applicants must also have the right of permanent abode in the UK.

On occasion, we may recruit type rated pilots with lower total experience, but a minimum of 500 hours on type.

Applications are generally reviewed in August/September for training courses commencing in January/February.

Doesn't look like Wannabes territory to me.

Scroggs

Sphinx
5th Mar 2006, 12:27
Probably not wannabes territory, Scroggs, but I know for a FACT that some guys were recruited with around 1000 hrs and no type-rating last year. And at that stage the company website had exactly the same requirements as you have just quoted. So I say again don't believe everything you read regarding requirements.

Also Monarch regularly recruit low hours via CTC.

Craggenmore
5th Mar 2006, 17:34
wonderful!

at least we have a hope once we got 500h.

Yes, but it will create chances elsewhere where you can apply!

Aerofoil
30th May 2006, 13:51
Hi all

I am trying to get a contact number for someone in flight deck recruitment at Monarch Airlines. I was wondering if someone could PM the number to me?

Many Thanks

Foil

boldhard
5th Aug 2006, 15:33
Hi all!

Just wondered if anyone had any information about the Monarch assessment?

I believe it is just an interview, does anyone have any feedback from their experiences?

Cheers

captaintrigger
12th Nov 2006, 12:47
Any Ideas what the Monarch Interview is like!!

CT

longarm
12th Nov 2006, 13:24
Simple interview. No HR people, no tests. Two management pilots depending on who's available on the day.

kido
12th Nov 2006, 13:43
I had an interview a few weeks back. It was a very relaxed and informal discussion about myself, background etc and about the company with 2 management pilots. No sim or tests..........Good Luck!!!

scameron77
12th Nov 2006, 22:00
Just for the record and because I and countless other people on the cusp of a first job are no doubt wondering but can either of those invited for interview advise what their total time was and how many Multi hours they had to have the letter drop through the postbox with:

"Monarch Airlines are happy to invite you to . . . . ."

Many Thanks

sicky
13th Nov 2006, 00:30
when do you get the result kido? good luck!