PDA

View Full Version : Air NZ having trouble pay bills????

cmax
30th May 2006, 06:56
Anybody had problems with Air NZ paying bills, I have been waiting for 8 months, they don't dispute the bill, but tell me i'll have to wait my turn.

bob_bowne
30th May 2006, 07:32
Air Nuzeland are preety much a finished unit, I have trouble understanding why you would do business with them without cash up front :\

Hanz Blix
30th May 2006, 07:39
Come on people pull your heads out of your (you know where)

Use some common sense alot of large companies put off paying small bills for a various number of resons. If your in business yourself and it sounds that way, you will know what I'm saying

Mr Blix:}

slamer.
30th May 2006, 08:10
Bob......Hope you dont have anything to do with advising on aviation matters, cause you definitely dont have your finger on the pulse.

Rollingthunder
30th May 2006, 08:14
If it's indeed true - 8 months to pay bills (+ small bills?) is a bit extreme and is indicative of serious problems in the business.

bob_bowne
30th May 2006, 08:20
Bob......Hope you dont have anything to do with advising on aviation matters, cause you definitely dont have your finger on the pulse.

fella look at their recent business history, they are a basket case airline in a pacific island nation. The only thing going for them is the poor old nz taxpayer.

slamer.
30th May 2006, 09:55
Mate, you obviously havent read an Aussie paper for 5 years.

Last annual report 235m profit before unusuals & tax, 1.1B cash reserves, new aircraft (average fleet age 6yrs reducing), more capacity, Load factor circa 79-80%, new routes, new ideas, new inflight product, new management, motivated staff.

Put that into scale (sure its a small Airline about 50 jets & a bunch of turbo props).......... if thats a basket case, in todays aviation environment you have mighty high expectations.

potkettleblack
30th May 2006, 11:01
Why would he read an aussie paper to find out about a kiwi airline?::ok:

Saintsman
30th May 2006, 11:51
Send the bailifs in :}

DickyPearse
31st May 2006, 03:27
Thank you for your input Bob......clearly you haven't read anything about ANZ since its troubles earlier this century. But obviously, on the basis of a random posting by one small creditor, lets send those 50 odd planes to Arizona and spend last years profit of $200m odd on bicycles so 4.1m kiwis can get around the country.

RevMan2
31st May 2006, 06:05
Look who's running the business - technocrats whose clear focus is on cash flow and margins rather than the product.

They'll keep you (and the rest of the suppliers) waiting until the cows come home and use your capital to finance their debt servicing.

"So sue me"

Yeah, right.

Hugh Jarse
31st May 2006, 06:25
cmax,

It doesn't appear good business sense to extend credit for 8 months without initiating some form of debt recovery action.

I used to run good customers on 30 day accounts. Newbies on 7 days. With the 30 day accounts, if no payment was received by 45 days, then we stopped credit. 60 days was send in the debt collectors.

You'd be amazed at the sob stories you'd hear. I swear they must go to the same "excuses school", as they all sounded the same.:}

Good luck getting your money after 8 months. "Wait your turn". An oldie but a goodie.:ugh:

Cloud Cutter
31st May 2006, 07:39
Sounds like trying to get a staff travel refund:}

mattyj
31st May 2006, 10:16
I think CMAX is actually a front for AIAL :}

GK430
31st May 2006, 11:24
Terrible exchange rate with the Dirham, better not pay the boys in DXB for a while. How are we doing with the drachma, or it is Euros these days.

bob_bowne
2nd Jun 2006, 14:44
Big business tends to demand payment in 30 days and does not pay for 90 days, because they can!

Keeping somebody waitiing for 8 month is criminal.

As for ANZ being a great buisness, they can never catch up to the squillions they lost. 200 million wooopppppe!!!! pocket money compared to their loss and it wasn't last century !:uhoh: