PDA

View Full Version : Recruitment agencies: Looking for miracle workers??

knertius
29th May 2006, 14:46
Howzit!
very often pages on pprune include an ad of one of the many well known recruitment agencies and more often than not the ad includes the words "blah blah rated pilots needed IMMEDIATELY!!!!!"
What do these agencies expect from the normal working folk?? That they resign IMMEDIATELY?? Surely most companies want people working for them that respect notice periods?
A year ago I answered a PARC ad and did not hear from them for a while. I easily fulfilled the basic requirements as stated in the ad. Then, one Friday afternoon, I received an email stating that I should send all the relevant documentation to them by monday and that the selection process was to be held in the US 3 weeks later!!!!!! What the??? I was on the road and the selection date was in the middle of a 5 day trip. The roster was already out so there was no way that I could have requested days off over that period.
I wrote a mail asking them how the hell they expected me to comply. No answer.
Thus, the question is: what do they expect???? Seeing that there a quite a few contract pilots that write in this forum I would assume that they have a lot of experience with these agencies and might be able to enlighten me.
Cheers

Solid Rust Twotter
29th May 2006, 15:15
Ops normal. Call them weekly for six months with no joy then just as something else takes off you get a call requiring your presence soonest.:E :ok:

It's possible Murphy may have shares in the business...:rolleyes:

fourplay
29th May 2006, 17:01
While we are on the subject....Not my favourite people at all.

Very bad manners in my opinion not to reply to e-mail.

Ok so one may go astray... how do you explain multiple e-mails to more than one person in the agency and still not gaining a reply.
I do realise they get hundreds of CVs for some contracts and can't reply to every applicant.
However when a specific question is directed to them via e-mail it is very poor to not reply.

And its not just me! swaping notes with others... its the same crap the world over.
Hope a few of you read this and lift your game.

So you are busy... A one line reply would be ever so appreciated.

:ouch: :ouch: :ouch:

Anyway must get going, have an anger management class in an hour.

pdg75
8th Jun 2006, 14:21
I think it probably follows that if agencies are asking for pilots immediately!!! they have probably only received the brief from the airline by the sounds of it. So who is ultimately being unrealistic the airline, or the agency who is doing their bidding :rolleyes: