PDA

View Full Version : Etihad.....Fleet Chief 340 required.

cayenne
29th May 2006, 12:43
P. C-W. has sent out a memo looking for a Fleet Chief 340. Don't insult us by pretending this job already hasn't been filled. O.I. has been preparing for this ever since he came here. He has had his head firmly up managements a** since he arrived, and it has payed off. He was upgraded within a couple of months of arriving, ahead of more senior and more qualified pilots. And has been Chief Airbus secretary ever since.
Let's try something different. Let's put someone in the position that is qualified, actually has some time on the airplane and is not getting the job simply because he was friends with the previous regime!

etihada
29th May 2006, 20:55
How true Cayenne,
OI is a joke....55 hours in command 340....500 total....the new fleet chief,
thanx to HW

semper fi
30th May 2006, 17:07
....Whats an OI ? sounds like a cookie !!:rolleyes:

flynbyu
30th May 2006, 17:23
Let's put someone in the position that is qualified, actually has some time on the airplane and is not getting the job simply because he was friends with the previous regime!

The current management must be an understanding lot if they are going to place a person of the previous regime into a key position. That actually sounds like a very mature attitude which must be refreshing for all you pilots at Etihad after all the complaints of the previous regime.

It is a promising sign for the future of Etihad! :D

Cikpigeon
30th May 2006, 17:44
Well at least OI looks like a good guy, He always tried to help many of us as much as he could.
Everyone of you would have had accepted the job in his position. He has the connections, good for him.
Think about the A340 Chief pilot position in Etihad, no real power, just another circuit breaker.
The previous one didn't care at all about his crew, just wrote useless reading files which were copies of the FCOM or OMA.
I'm sure OI can at least do the same. I'm much more worried about some big assholes in the upper management.

sec 3
30th May 2006, 17:59
OI is a good guy. He's been there from the beginning,so if he wants the job and the management thinks he's the right guy,give it to him. I'm sure he'll do a good job.:ok:

flynbyu
31st May 2006, 05:23
The previous one didn't care at all about his crew, just wrote useless reading files which were copies of the FCOM or OMA.

There has never been an A340 Fleet Chief before! :ugh:

You people don't even know what you are complaining about now do you?

skyjunky
31st May 2006, 09:13
I think O.I. would be a lot more capable A340 Fleet Chief than some Captains with ten times his P1 hours. I would say it's more about someone's ability to lead a fleet than how many take offs they've done in the last 90 days. I'd like to know who Cayenne would suggest to fill the vacancy. Some geriatric with twenty thousand hours perhaps?

O.I. has the knowledge, the experience and the savvy to do a good job. If he get's the post, at least give him a chance to prove himself before you start to bag him out!

Rock on Oli, you get my vote!:D

Bredrin
31st May 2006, 10:19
When you have an airline thats growing faster than a weed in a garden, It's great to appoint people with ability but you can ruin a potentially good person because he has not BEEN THERE DONE THAT and rapid growth needs people in key positions who have DONE IT before. OI is great, but is he ready....I don't know, but I believe that one day he will be great at it. Is that time now?

777 fleet still needs SOPs even though there was a six month delay on delivery.

Don't throw the good guys in the deep end.

Sir Osis of the river
31st May 2006, 15:33
Oli is a good man. Maybe he needs a little more time before running with the big cats. There are other suitable candidates who are ready right now. PD?

Can anyone confirm who is paying the Swiss team and on what payscale are they on??:hmm:

skyjunky
1st Jun 2006, 10:58
What makes PD suitable? Does he have any previous management experience?

Kalium Chloride
1st Jun 2006, 11:06
Out of curiosity, is the use of initials simply for shorthand or a misguided attempt to disguise the individual? Why not spell out the whole name, since you've identified them anyway?

fourplay
1st Jun 2006, 11:42
Has everything to do with PPrune not getting a liable suit.
If we could use full names... Yanni we would! :eek: :eek: :eek:

etihada
1st Jun 2006, 12:14
I think O.I. would be a lot more capable A340 Fleet Chief than some Captains with ten times his P1 hours. I would say it's more about someone's ability to lead a fleet than how many take offs they've done in the last 90 days. I'd like to know who Cayenne would suggest to fill the vacancy. Some geriatric with twenty thousand hours perhaps?

O.I. has the knowledge, the experience and the savvy to do a good job. If he get's the post, at least give him a chance to prove himself before you start to bag him out!

Rock on Oli, you get my vote!:D

You sound like a real expert......OI has the knowledge?.........experience?
savvy?
Its a shame to see so many guys with hours,experience and the right attitude to be left out of this selection process.
Even his application for the job disqualifies him cinsidering his experience.
Dont forget to vote
Rock on junky

dessertjoe
2nd Jun 2006, 19:14
I am a new kid in town. So far so good. Don't really know whose who.
I am sure those guys in the management knows what they are doing. I am just happy to be here. Stable job, good company and good life. I dont really care who the 340 fleetchief going to be because he is not paying my salary. Etihad is.
Just want to enjoy my time whilst I am here man.
Safe flying always

alghazal
2nd Jun 2006, 20:12
He DesertJoe,

Thanks for your support. If I listen to you correctly, we just have to sit and wait...
Just wondering how you expect the new guys to behave, when you'll be one of the most senior in town... like you now, I just hope they will show you more motivation and respect than you do now.

Of course, with the requirements now, Etihad has hired only what was left on the market...so these guys can't complain.... Strategy for a bright future, I guess.

Recruitment has been stopped, because they are fat on crews, as JFK flights have been posponed, officially due to infrastructure problems and aircrafts delay. Part of the truth is, that aircraft delivery delays really suits EY as they were really late in everything, and postponing JFK is just a way to avoid the whole thing blow up into the management's face.
Second one is that under no circumstance, FAA and OZ CAA fir SYD flights will never let us fly there with our actual level of safety and security.
Of course it's easier to open Khartoum Kuwait and Doha....

Management says , off the record, that Housing allowance won't increase for a long while, as salaries, by the way, because they don't need to recruit anymore.

They should pay attention, as a majority of the senior guys have their applications up to date and ready to be sent in India, Vietnam and China, even Korea and Australia.... if nothing changes in the next 3 months, just before next scholarship..... Families are already moving back to home land , containers have been booked, waiting......

Bredrin
6th Jun 2006, 14:18
Al Ghazal....you are incorrect...the recruitment for Airbus was planned to taper off from about May and begin again towards the last quarter of the year.

The quota was met and the plan remains.

There is a big problem with 777 though. NO CAPTs

towerringcumulus
6th Jun 2006, 18:05
Gotta agree with the majority here. nothing against OI but in the early stages of such a company as this, a fleet chief with only a few hrs on the type is a fatal mistake. not to mention the fact that with the lack of experience the respect of peers will be very difficult to gain. we need experience now to set GOOD, TRIED and TESTED standards and practices. we dont want people who will just agree with dictatorship and not have the balls or knowledge or understanding to say different:ugh: .

It does seem to be teh way this company does things though. Spend a few months in the office and its a fast track to promotion. Nothing also against ambition or good people but no time for over zealous school boyz who just want to kiss ass, and interfere in the way things are run in order to move up the ladder.

Safe flights....

Kalium Chloride
7th Jun 2006, 08:58
Has everything to do with PPrune not getting a liable suit.
If we could use full names... Yanni we would!

Fourplay - I'd hate to wake a few people up here, but using initials doesn't protect you or PPRuNe against libel at all.

By giving initials, you're actually making it fairly easy to identify who you're talking about (even to someone outside the company, like me). And as soon as someone is identifiable, you're in a world of trouble.

What's more, you're also taking the risk of accidentally libeling someone with the same initials.

You're kidding yourself if you think that initials will get you off the hook. You'll be in as much sh!t as if you'd written their full name in 24-point underlined red capitals.