PDA

View Full Version : HKCAD Class 1 & Scoliosis

Minimums!
29th May 2006, 06:45
If anyone could give me any idea what the HKCAD feels about scoliosis and class 1 medicals, i would really appreciate it. Im up for the CX Cadet pilot medical in 2 weeks.

Minimums!

QNH 1013
2nd Jun 2006, 17:07
I've no idea what HKCAD is but since no-one else has replied, here is my reply.

I have a full unrestricted JAA class one medical and I have scoliosis, amongst other things. Can't see that scoliosis on its own would be a problem unless severe (mine isn't) in which case it might cause problems with the lung function test.

Minimums!
2nd Jun 2006, 17:17
Hi QNH 1013. thanks for the reply. please check your PM's.

HKCAD is Hong Kong civil aviation Dept. I believe their medical standards are modelled closely on the UK CAA. Any more info anyone could give would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Minimums!

BelfastChild
8th Jun 2006, 11:13
How bad is it? What degree is the curve? How old were you when you were diagnosed? How old are you now? Is it getting any worse? Have you had any treatment eg brace, surgery?

A lot of questions I know, but it would help to know......

ps don't know anything about HKCAD

Minimums!
12th Jun 2006, 15:10
Hi. 37 degrees, was about 13 when diagnosed, now 22. wore a brace for about 4 years, it fixed it a bit but not too much. went to the medical last week, the doc said it wasnt a problem as im active in sports. That fixes that problem. However, he did say it would be a problem if it was for F/A training, which it isnt thank goodness.

Thanks for the help.

Minimums!

BelfastChild
14th Jun 2006, 07:39
37 degrees once you have finished growing isn't too bad. Shouldn't progress any further. You might end up with back pain in later life but otherwise shouldn't have too many probs. Happy flying.......