PDA

View Full Version : Silver jet ( merged)

tart1
27th May 2006, 14:18
........I have tried without success to find a website or details of how to contact this company. I would also like to apply for a CC job - surely they must be recruiting soon?

Anybody know anything??

JETTERAWAY
28th May 2006, 19:54
Has anyone heard of Silver Jet-if so, where are they based and are they recruiting? Thanks:)

fje1
29th May 2006, 21:52
Hi, so i've heard unsure if true. They will be based at London Luton with boeing 767 aircrafts. destinations include Thailand,India and lots of longhaul destinations.
Have heard that Flyjet crews will be used until they get there own crew together.

bacardi walla
30th May 2006, 06:56
I might be wrong, but I doubt a 767 will get any further than Dubai from Luton's runway, even with only 100 passengers or so :confused:

TightSlot
30th May 2006, 07:31
Silverjet are planning to operate 767-200 aircraft, initially from Luton to New York in an all businesss class configuration, starting around the end of the year.

You can read more here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=221101)

skattie
5th Jun 2006, 07:42
Silverjet are based in Luton and are now recruiting see www.aviationjobsearch.com (http://www.aviationjobsearch.com)

dolly drops
13th Jun 2006, 15:35
Hi Everyone!!!

Does anyone have any more information on the Silver Jet operation due to be launched out of Luton later on this year. How many a/c? How many crew are they looking for? I heard that one of the cabin crew managers is ex BA...

Any information much appreciated. I'm thinking of applying, but would like to know a little more about them, and it's proving hard to find anything out.

MANY THANKS and HAPPY FLYING :)

JETTERAWAY
14th Jun 2006, 21:58
Thanks for the info. Found the website. Does anyone know how many cabin crew they are recruiting-can't be many at first? Has anyone applied?

Pandora's Box
15th Jun 2006, 16:04
They are recruiting now for cabin crew and in flight manager.

I applied a few days ago for in flight manager and already had a reply saying they will be interviewing end of July time.

I really like the sound of Silverjet but i do hope it wont be another none starter :(

BA CLASSIC
15th Jun 2006, 18:01
I think the website is www.flysilverjet.com (http://www.flysilverjet.com)
Kind Regards ..

Muizenberg
16th Jun 2006, 09:40
Has anyone received an indication of what the salary will be for the In-flight Manager position??:)

Martyn Bridger is ex-BA and credited with 1997 cabin crew strike...He left BA, and has had a colourful history of turbulent industrial relations...Who did Maersk Air (UK) become after they gave up their BA franchise?? I know he was there til they went down the tubes...Hope his ideas have changed/he has nothing to do with In-flight services otherwise it will be like :ugh:

hawaiianhosty
16th Jun 2006, 20:32
think im gonna apply...does martyn bridger have a walking stick? name rings a bell..think it was the same guy who interviewed me and gave me the job at qatar airways..he must have worked for them then at some point

seasick
19th Jun 2006, 12:35
I applied too and a day later they contacted me. Interviews will be held in July.

seasick

oneroam
10th Jul 2006, 16:35
I RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM MARTYN BRIDGES YESTERDAY STATING THAT I HAVE GOT THROUGH TO THE NEXT STAGE AND THEY ARE INVITING ME TO ATTEND AN INTERVIEW NEAR LUTON AIRPORT IN AUGUST, DATES BETWEEN 7TH - 18TH AUGUST.:)

HAS ANYBODY ELSE OUT THERE BEEN INVITED TO ATTAND AN INTERVIEW WITH THEM TOO?

GETTING A BIT WORRIED AS ONLY SEEM TO BE READING BAD REPORTS ABOUT THIS GUY MARTYN BRIDGES!!! DON'T KNOW NOW IF I WANT TO ATTEND THE INTERVIEW, ALL A BIT MIXED UP TO TELL TRUTH!!! ANY BODY WITH ANY THOUGHTS?

MUCH APPRECIATED

tart1
10th Jul 2006, 21:57
oneroam I also received an e mail today saying the same thing about interviews in August.

What are these bad things you have heard?? Do tell me.......I haven't heard anything!!

To be quite honest, if he is prepared to give me a cabin crew job, I don't care what he is like!! (He can't be any worse than my present boss! :suspect: )

Pandora's Box
11th Jul 2006, 09:58
I have also been selected for interview in August.

Does anyone else find it a little strange that the e.mail inviting you for an interview isn't adressed personaly:confused:
Also it dos'nt say which position they will be interviewing you for:confused: :confused:

Me thinks everyone is "selected" for an interview, they will be loads of people at the venue and a complete shambles. But hey i might be wrong;)

oneroam
11th Jul 2006, 14:35
I APPLLIED FOR A POSITION AS INFLIGHT CABIN MANAGER OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT, IE OVER LOOKING THE WHOLE CABIN.

YES I ALSO FOUND IT STRANGE THAT NOT PERSONALLY ADDRESS BUT HEY AT LEAST WE GOT AN EMAIL.:)

REGARDING THE MATTER THAT HEARD SOME BAD THINGS ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT US THE EMAIL FROM SILVERJET, I WAS LOOKING THROUGH THIS WEB SITE AND FOUND THE INFORMATION THERE. I CANT REMEMBER WHERE IT WAS NOW BUT WILL SCAN THROUGH AGAIN AND SEE IF I CAN FIND IT AND WILL LET YOU KNOW. ALL I DO KNOW IS THAT THIS GUY HAS WORKED FOR MANY COMPANIES IN A PERIOD OF 25 YEARS AND HE APPARENTLY CAUSED THE BA STRIKE IN THE 90'S!!!

Nato 35
11th Jul 2006, 21:02
Please stop shouting!!!

oneroam
11th Jul 2006, 21:27
sorry!:) did not mean to upset you

JodieJohns
12th Jul 2006, 14:40
Hi everyone!!!

I am just wondering are the interviews for SilverJet one on one or group??!

;)

seasick
12th Jul 2006, 16:12
Me, nothing... but that's my luck. I never get any interviews :{

seasick

tart1
24th Jul 2006, 17:35
Just received an e mail offering me an interview on Wednesday 9 August. :D

Anyone else going that day??

Saffala
24th Jul 2006, 18:00
Hi, just recieved and interview to on the 9th aug, but can't open the attatchment on my PC...Having a PC nightmare!!!!
:ugh:

tart1
24th Jul 2006, 18:13
Saffala the invitation says that the interviews are to be held at the Holiday Inn Express at Luton Airport. It is an 08.45 for 09.00 start and you should be prepared to stay all day.

You also need to take an up-to-date CV and a photo. (Not sure why as they have had all these things already! :confused: )

xl1
24th Jul 2006, 18:16
hi just got an email for monday 7th for Inflight manager anyone else going????????

Looks like dates all week good luck !

Saffala
24th Jul 2006, 18:38
you are a star! thanks for the info...and i'll be seeing you there!-fingers crossed and providing theres no flight delays..getting back from dominican the night before (just me luck) so i'll be the one carring excess baggage under the eyes! going to see if i can get the breif of another PC..stay in touch x

xl1
24th Jul 2006, 20:31
saffala tell the number one that u MUST have 6 hours crew rest on the flight as you have a job interview the next day sure that wthey will undertand :) :) :)

oneroam
25th Jul 2006, 15:31
me also received an email inviting myself to attend an interview on tuesday 8th august, position as in flight manager. just got to wait to see if I can go as not received next month's roster. hopefully should be tomorrow and then I can book a flight as currently working within europe so bit of a pain to get there but will try my best.:) :)

BecauseCIDSsays_so!
25th Jul 2006, 22:27
Hi everyone, congrats on your interviews! I also have been invited to interview on 8th August.
I can't see anywhere in my email what position I'm being interviewed for, I applied for Inflight Manager (or Supervisor, website says Supervisor, another recruitment site said Manager so whichever!!!) so are you just assuming that the position you applied for is what you are being interviewed for or is it actually on your invites? All mine says is 'to become a founder member of the Silverjet team' :S
Anyone switch the light on for me??? lol
Anyways, congrats again and good luck, might see some of you there!
Tom
:)

xl1
26th Jul 2006, 09:24
email says what position i applied for but the download just is a general one!

BecauseCIDSsays_so!
26th Jul 2006, 17:01
Oh ok thanks, still confused though :ugh: , wonder why mine doesn't say it, oh well, I'll find out on the day I'm sure, just a bit concerned as I can't really afford to leave my job unless I get a SCCM role but I guess it doesn't matter if I don't find out til the day! Sorry, rambling...shall shut up now!! :confused: :confused:

Hey ho!

Thanks again! Have fun!

tart1
26th Jul 2006, 20:13
Why not ask?

On my invitation there is the name, e mail address and phone number of my 'personal contact' at Silverjet. You could ring or write to this person to check, if it really is important to you. :)

BecauseCIDSsays_so!
26th Jul 2006, 20:21
Hi ya yeah I did think about that but I know what I'd think as a recruiter- 'if they want to work for us, what does it matter what position they have?' 'does he think he is too good for main crew or purser?' (which I don't in anyway at all!) as I have no real reason to ask because I haven't got to prepare something different for interview as an IFS. I think I'll just have to wait and see! Mine didn't even say your 'personal contact'!!!!

It is important to me because I really enjoyed my job as a No1 and I want go back to that role if I can and I can't afford the money drop that I guess there'd be!! But I don't think they'd see it as important so I will have to just see what happens, unless it gets the better of me between now and then and I have to ask!!!

Argh! :ugh:

Thanks anyways!

FLYING_HOSTIE
28th Jul 2006, 10:08
Hi, I applied for the IFS role and recieved an invite for the 9th August but Im flying so they changed it very quickley for me to the 16th instead.

Ive not heard from Martin but my emails were from Amanda Muir :hmm: ..

I presume its going to be a big group day like at most airlines, and there well be CC and IFS all mixed together and they'll take their pick... I should imagine if you give a good interview but you'r not quite ready for IFS they'd offer you CC...??

Its my first IFS interview and Im worried as the competition is bound to be tough, I'll just go in with Tits Arse Teeth theory! lol.

Any ideas on the salary and most importantly the Uniform? I have to look good! tee hee.
xx

swashbuckler
28th Jul 2006, 11:39
Hey peeps,

do you guys have an idea whether there's an inexpensive hotel or B&B close to Holiday Express INN in Luton ?

Thanks in anticipation.

My interview is on the 10th

SallyEZY
28th Jul 2006, 15:34
The Ibis is next to the Holiday Express

btw. my interview will be on the 15th of August for IFS

FLYING_HOSTIE
28th Jul 2006, 18:48
Hi I've just heard on Aviation Jobsearch their also recruiting for Service Co-ordinators (Pursers) but on www.flysilverjet.com (http://www.flysilverjet.com) they only show Cabin Crew and IFS vacancies.

I've applied for IFS, but Purser would suit me better, does anyone have any ideas?

tart1
28th Jul 2006, 21:26
Not sure if there is much difference in price between the Ibis and the Holiday Inn Express. :confused:

There are plenty of B&Bs within a couple of miles away in Luton but I don't think I would recommend any of them!!!!

Suggest you compare exact prices of airport hotels on the internet.

SuperBoy
29th Jul 2006, 21:00
I think its really funny how everybody who applied to Silverjet, has applied for the position of inflight manager.

:p:p:p:p

tart1
29th Jul 2006, 22:14
I think its really funny how everybody who applied to Silverjet, has applied for the position of inflight manager.
:p:p:p:p
Yes I agree!!

I didn't though ... I know my place. :hmm:

karena320jones
30th Jul 2006, 14:16
I've got interveiw for In Flight Manager sounds promising not heard anything bad about the company my interveiws on 17th August dose anyone no what the salary is:)

tart1
30th Jul 2006, 18:41
It's funny isn't it?? The salary has not been mentioned anywhere that I have seen and yet we are all falling over ourselves to get into this airline.

I guess we are assuming that it will be the same or not be too far below the average pay for other airlines. :confused:

swashbuckler
30th Jul 2006, 20:48
Thanks people for your answers...checked Hotel Ibis rooms, they're quite expensive...I'm working for easyjet and usually have a discount on ACCOR hotels ( which include IBIS hotels), don't work w/ them...bad luck...

As for the salary w/ SilverJet, it has not been disclosed...Hopefully, they're going to be at least normal...If it's below my current pay, no way !!!! hope the perks will be good too ! peace folks

Pandora's Box
3rd Aug 2006, 17:31
I have my interview on the 15th of August,

I also applied for IFS but a little concerned as it dos'nt say on my invite :{

Thought about ringing them to see, but i dont want to burn any bridges:ugh:

Will go along and see, however im a senior at mo and dont really wont to drop down, but then I dont wont to waste my time going if they only have cabin crew position in mind....Not been a snob but i have to think about the money.....show me the MONEY :=

FLYING_HOSTIE
4th Aug 2006, 10:16
Maybe whoever has their interview first can post what it was like on here, i.e the salary and perks, that would be really handy for the rest of us :O xx

whisky777
4th Aug 2006, 13:16
I find this a bit worrying too - sounds like most of us applied for IFS/IFM, this job title hasn't really been mentioned on the invites/emails, looks like we are all going for a standard airline interview with a mix of crew/ifs/ifm to see whats offered... and most of us cannot afford to take a drop in wage/position and would be gutted to be offered a crew position which we could not afford to take... ( no offence to anyone...)

The reality of it is, This first year, they have two 767's which they plan to fly to New York twice daily, so in theory, thats a max 50 crew including 10 senior crew... and how many of us have gone for senior position... Ummm.
However good luck to all that attend and lets hope we get feedback!!
:ok:

SuperBoy
4th Aug 2006, 14:13
thats a max 50 crew including 10 senior crew...

I think your calculations are slightly if not greatly misguided. However until they clarify how many crew will operate, what patterns, Days off, the list goes on and on, no one will really be able to even vaguely establish the company needs.

I have emailed Amanda M, if your interview is on the 7th or the 14th you will be interviewed for IFM. The rest will be interviewed together and they will choose who they think are most suited for the role of coordinator or crew.

So good luck to all. :ok::ok::ok::ok:

whisky777
4th Aug 2006, 15:57
Yes - As I quoted, those figures were 'in theory' and just a practical response... With just two aircraft and this route, crew will not be excessive... they won't recruit for as many crew as other airlines.

On the interview front, I also checked up -to clear this up with anyone who was worried like me - Yes, as above, most of the IFM candidates are being interviewed on those two days BUT some candidates do have IFM interviews on the other days also due to rescheduling of interview days/ late interviews etc.
Most of the other interview days will be crew and supervisor roles together. Hope this helps!!

Good luck all!

Pandora's Box
5th Aug 2006, 09:59
SuperBoy.

Thanks for that information, appreciate it.

I mentioned in my previous post that i dont want to drop down from senior, however the way i feel about my company at the mo, they have shafted me once to many times now and i am desperate to get out. :{

So if i was offered a cabin crew position, i would take it.

A321trollydolly
6th Aug 2006, 14:53
Hi Guys

The figure quoted by silverjet themselves is 120 crew. You will need 10 to 12 crew for 100 pax per flight. Considering layover times, days off & A/L.

This sounds accurate to me when compaired with staffing levels for maxjet & Eos. 120 staff equals 12 Inflight managers required.

See you at the interviews. :ok: :ok: :ok:

oneroam
7th Aug 2006, 15:39
Hi People,

I was meant to have my interview tomorrow but unable to make it due to working within Europe and unable to get the time off to go home. Sent email stating that I could attend an interview after the 21st of August, but this is to no joy. However they are going to keep my CV on file and let me know when they are recruiting again, so hopefully I will be able to attend next time round.
Will you guys let me know how the interview goes, what the salary is like and basically how you get on with the job as I am still very much interested in working for 'Silver Jet', but need your feed back too.
best of luck to you all with the interviews and fingers crossed.;)

swashbuckler
7th Aug 2006, 19:03
Any news from those who attended the interview today ??

Were you guys given further information regarding the company ( salary/ rostering/ perks/ number of cabin crew to be recruited..)

How was the interview pattern like ? Please share your experience !

SuperBoy
8th Aug 2006, 14:05
What a waste of a day that was!!!!! :ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

For those of you who are still interested here are the details.

2 Flights a day
Flight OB
701 dep LTN 10:00 EWR 1300
705 dep LTN 18:00 EWR 2100
Flight IB
702 dep EWR 19:30 LTN 07:20
706 dep EWR 23:45 LTN 11:35

New routes to be phased in over the next 2-4years
ORD, DXB and JNB

Operating on 767-200 with on average 8 crew.

Business class beds aren't flat they're at an 8 degree angle.

Money:
Line Trainer: GBP 19000
IFM: GBP 17000
Service Co: GBP 14000
CC: GBP 10500

Flight Pay GBP2.30 p. hour

Will do back to back ewr then 2 days off.

There are 15 positions for IFM. 30 Positions for Service Coordinators and 75 for crew.

I hope this helps.

tart1
8th Aug 2006, 16:20
Superboy why was it a waste of a day? Please explain (or can someone else) before I waste tomorrow on it!! Is it really that bad? I know I might be a little unworldly but it doesn't seem any worse than other lo co airlines. :confused:

Also, what format did the interview take? Was there the usual nauseating 'group exercise'? (Sorry but I really hate them and don't believe they are the best way of finding out what people are really like and what they can do.)

When you say 'back to back EWR' do you mean that you do LTN/EWR one day, EWR/LTN the next and then have 2 days off or do you do 2 of the return trips before 2 days off?

Apologies for so many questions, but we were relying on you for advance info!!!!! :)

bacardi walla
8th Aug 2006, 18:47
Hi Guys

The figure quoted by silverjet themselves is 120 crew. You will need 10 to 12 crew for 100 pax per flight. Considering layover times, days off & A/L.

This sounds accurate to me when compaired with staffing levels for maxjet & Eos. 120 staff equals 12 Inflight managers required.

See you at the interviews. :ok: :ok: :ok:

Under UK CAA rules, you need 1 cabin crew member per 50 seats fitted..... so I wonder how many cabin crew Silverjet will have per complete crew :confused: I'm guessing 4 crews per aircraft. One crew being made up of 6 cabin crew..............

jace
9th Aug 2006, 04:05
8 crew per flight 1 no1 2 pursers and 5 crew only 6 doors and 100 pax so well within limits, also went for the interview today total waste of time. sounds alot like duo ( and we know how that turned out) but long haul. no staff travel, back to back flights, couldnt tell us about stand by call out times but said they wouldnt be long ones so no chance of commuting, no commision

joshmist03
9th Aug 2006, 19:56
its my 1st ever pprune post and im also attending the silverjet ifs day tomor. will let u know any more details if different from the above and also thanks to those people who have posted stuff above...very usefull;)

robbic
10th Aug 2006, 16:29
Hey Guys,

Really great to see so much info on how things are going with the silverjet recruitment. What's the set up for the day in the presence of silverjet?

The normal, group exercises etc?

Best of luck to u all!

joshmist03
10th Aug 2006, 17:10
Hey guys had a good day, met lots of nice people and the silverjet team are nice down to earth people.

the morning consisted of a presentation and intro etc.
1 group excercise which will vary
a bit of a wait until they read out names,
a 2 to 1 interview which is standard criteria based
decisions will be notified in sept as the interviews have just started.

IMPORTANT: ALL the info given by superboy was correct BUT the flt pay is hourly and is ALSO paid whilst away from home for every hour ur away. Silverjet said in the 1st year, youre looking at 10 - 12k flt pay in addition to ur basic wage!!! avg cabin crew on 21k plus.

For those of you out there who are fliers, there are swings and roundabouts as no commission is paid but hell i was pleasantly surprised at my earning potential compared to my present low cost employer. also, the business model is still being worked on, there will be staff consessions and discount hotel stays and a full pax load of 102 = 8 crew, less pax = 6 crew still enough not to feel rushed.
They class them selves at mid cost no low cost so they will night stop in ewr between 24 and 36 hours.
:ok: Go and do your best, what have you got to lose? im glad i did, i feel u cant believe everything bad that is written about silverjet.

tart1
10th Aug 2006, 17:50
joshmist03 thank you for a very informative post! :D

I am still wondering about this 'back to back' EWR. What does that mean exactly ... please forgive my ignorance!! ;)

ltn and beyond
10th Aug 2006, 18:12
quote:

IMPORTANT: ALL the info given by superboy was correct BUT the flt pay is hourly and is ALSO paid whilst away from home for every hour ur away. Silverjet said in the 1st year, youre looking at 10 - 12k flt pay in addition to ur basic wage!!! avg cabin crew on 21k plus.

£12000 @ £2.30 per hour =5217.4 hours worked per yr
or 100.3 hours per week.

This is 2 new york trips every week( 5 days per week to allow for days off) with min rest every where, and i think more than CAP371 allows !!!

the figures dont add up.. so dont believe all you hear !!!

SuperBoy
10th Aug 2006, 20:11
Tart1

What I meant by back to back is:

Depart LTN - EWR (Monday)
Depart EWR (Tuesday)
Arrive LTN (Wednesday)
Depart LTN - EWR (Thursday)
Depart EWR (Friday)
Arrive LTN (Saturday)
Day Off (Sunday)
Day Off (Monday)

And then you start it all over again.

Joshmist03
If this company sounds great to you, Great, go for it.

I am however entitled to my opinion and for me it was a TOTAL waste of time. Unfortunately I will never get that day back.

Good luck to all.

:ok::ok::ok::ok:

joshmist03
10th Aug 2006, 20:33
:ugh: The back to back shifts above are not what they suggested and yes they did say 2x new york trips a week (8 per month) and im also sure there will be more revaltions to read about from other people ;)

SuperBoy
10th Aug 2006, 20:40
Josh

Could you please clarify how you perceived there explanation of "back to back" I would really like to be enlightened seeing as I must have completely misunderstood.

Also 8 EWR Trips per month? that would mean 8 x 3day now that would equate to 24days of duty would it not. Now that would equate to an average of 6days off a month but as above I must have misunderstood.

:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh: :ugh::ugh::ugh:

joshmist03
10th Aug 2006, 21:06
you no what superboy, im not gonna clarify anything for you as i dont like the tone of ur message towards the end Also ive noticed that these threads and replies turn very bitchy so i wont go with that either.

SuperBoy
11th Aug 2006, 06:45
:ugh: The back to back shifts above are not what they suggested and yes they did say 2x new york trips a week (8 per month) and im also sure there will be more revaltions to read about from other people ;)

Joshmist03

You don't need to clarify anything to me as I am well aware of what was said. :suspect:
However next time try not to make statements when you are not aware of the facts.:hmm:

I'm sure silverjet will be a great oppurtunity for some. :E

Oh and for the rest of you. I didn't mention earlier there is no commision and no sector pay either. As for staff travel the only staff travel you will be entitled to is on silverjet. :}:}:}

YEAH!!!! Lets got EWR again and again and again and again. :p:p:p:p

SuperBoy
11th Aug 2006, 07:20
Didn't get the job? Do you know something I don't? They will only inform the lucky few in sept.

Didn't expect it to be BA. Did expect them to be able to answer s few simple q's and not to continuously contradict themselves.

As I have said in Previous posts Good luck to everyone that goes for it.

Bitter and twisted? Interesting as I have only voiced my opinions. This is a forum is it not?

bacardi walla
11th Aug 2006, 07:51
Didn't get the job? Do you know something I don't? They will only inform the lucky few in sept.

Didn't expect it to be BA. Did expect them to be able to answer s few simple q's and not to continuously contradict themselves.

As I have said in Previous posts Good luck to everyone that goes for it.

Bitter and twisted? Interesting as I have only voiced my opinions. This is a forum is it not?

Yes it is a forum, and it's fine to voice your opinions of course. Maybe calm down on the attitude though. You come across as someone with a real gripe because not all the Q's were answered. As for you getting the job or not, lets see :mad:

ptc
11th Aug 2006, 07:52
SILVERJET- THE CIRCUS IS IN TOWN!!http://www.cabincrew.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gif
I have been to the circus for my interview, the ringmaster (martyn bridger), told all of us the details of the show ( operations to new york), this was exactly as posted previously on this forum. http://www.cabincrew.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif
This was followed by a standard group exercise lasting all of 30 mins, monitored by some of the Silverjet clowns. After which, you were left for an hour, then the results of the prizedraw for an interview were announced. The winners and losers of this draw, then complete the rest of the day, winners go home, losers are interviewed.

On a serious note, most people I spoke to with commercial crew experience were all going home without interview. Myself and others with experience can only think that they want people that know no better than the poor terms and conditions being offered.http://www.cabincrew.com/forum/smileys/smiley5.gif

Saffala
11th Aug 2006, 09:30
Don't know where you went to, but the interveiw I went to was far from being a circus...
All but three of the people that went to interview stage were ex or current flyers. They included JAL, Emirates, a former VIP flyer, Thomas Cook and Thomson. There were a couple of girls with no previous experiance but have worked in PR and another who was a teacher.

I understand that everyone has there own opinion, but it seemed to me that the only people that were negative toward the whole thing were people who didn't get through to the next stage...and before anyone starts jumping up and down, i'm refering to people on my interview day.

If anyone is going for the interview, have to admit i was pleasently surprised by the whole thing. If it takes off then it seems like a really exciting opotunity.

As far as it been a circus, the one I went to was not. Now i don't know if they had a few teething problems at the first few, but if they did then they have been ironed out.

Good luck to everyone whos going for the job and just judge it for yourself.......
P.S-if people are going to critizise can it be a bit more constructive...read some posts before my interview and have to admit it really did make me think twice about going, but glad i went to see for my self.

ptc
11th Aug 2006, 13:25
It seems to me, that alot of people are being taken in by what Silverjet are saying at the interview. Has anybody actually done the maths and worked out that there is no way you can be earning 10 -12000 in allowances in a year? Let alone account for leave, sickness etc. No wonder they are trying to promote this as the basic is so low, they need to lure people in! You will be having minimun rest after every trip if they are suggesting 8 flights per month! And also, I very much doubt there will be 36 hour turnarounds in New York, just look at their proposed schedule, you will be out on the 1st flight from LTN ( 1000 ) and return on the 1st out of EWR ( 1930), now that isn't 36hours!!

In my Silverjet presentation, Martyn also mentioned a few things that sent alarm bells ringing ;

BA are 1980's Virgin 1990's but Silverjet are 00's - do they really think they are better than these major carriers??

When asked, he didn't know how the service was going to be!

He said that most flights would operate with 8 crew, however on some occasions depending on loads this maybe altered. What this means is minimun crew, ie 6

As previously suggested by others on this forum, go to the interview and judge for yourself. Personally, I have flown for 8 years with a major well known carrier, and I think what theyre offering is an insult. And my opinion, as this is a forum, not alot of existing crew would fall for their suggestions!!

Good luck to all and if this is a new career to you, then it could be a great introdution into the world of cabin crew.

ptc
11th Aug 2006, 14:28
Oh, and lets not forget that they are advertsing a 'flat bed', which is in fact at an 8deg angle!!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!

Do you want to work for this outfit??????!!!!!!

teacoffee
11th Aug 2006, 14:51
sounds to me like another FlyWho.

oneroam
11th Aug 2006, 15:48
After reading all of these comments I am now glad that I did not purchase a ticket to go to the UK for an interview with this airline, and due to the situation at LHR I don't expect that I would have made it to the interview anyway!!!

I had read some articles about this Martyn Bridges some where on pprune and it did make me think twice about attending the interview as he has worked for many airlines and only for a brief time especially for avaition!!! So I am now glad that I saved my hard earned cash and will spend it partying instead.:)

Keep us up to date with any more interviews as it is interesting to read your comments even if they are good or bad!!

goodgirl
12th Aug 2006, 20:04
Flight and cabin crew will be employed by Sky People and not Silverjet themselves just like Flyjet and Jet2.

Pandora's Box
13th Aug 2006, 15:16
Hmmm,

Have my interview on tuesday. Think i will go just to get some interview experience again.

Just a quick question, is their a dreaded maths test :{

ptc
13th Aug 2006, 19:01
There is no maths or english test at the interview!!

Good Luck

Pandora's Box
14th Aug 2006, 14:10
Just one more question,

Do you have to pay for car parking at the Hotel, I bet so!!

TFlyguy
14th Aug 2006, 17:14
Silverjet have signed a LOI to buy 2 767-200's from Thomsonfly

Saffala
2nd Sep 2006, 12:25
Hi there,

was just wondering if anyone had heard back from the interview? I know its only just comming up to the three week after interview.....but thought i'd just ask...

Thanks

P.S-No responses if its 'lucky escape' and 'best of staying were you are' kind of thing...thanks...

BecauseCIDSsays_so!
3rd Sep 2006, 18:58
Hi Saffala

I have not heard anything yet apart from an email asking me to confirm my postal address. The email also said they would be in touch by the end of next week... so fingers crossed it won't be long! It's driving me mad not knowing!

Good luck!

Mefly
3rd Sep 2006, 20:23
Same here. Hope it's not going to be too much longer!

:rolleyes:

Pandora's Box
6th Sep 2006, 11:09
Did'nt get the job, got e.mail yesterday.

Really not that bothered though. However i am very intrigued on how they plan to run the airline with NO standby crew and NO crewing department....hmmm me hear's alarm bells:confused: :confused::hmm:

I think you guys that have been asked to confirm your address have got the job. Good luck:)

SuperBoy
6th Sep 2006, 17:16
Hmm... did confirm my address... thought that Silverjets wonderful admin department(Oh I mean admin person) misplaced it again.

Anyway Goodluck .... (you know the rest) :E

Congrats to all who got it. :ok:

If PB's assumption is correct someone else can have my spot. :cool:

Fuel Crossfeed
7th Sep 2006, 09:25
PB. Rumour has it (Flyjet page in Airlines & airports forum) there maybe a possible tie-in to Flyjet sooner or later, whether it be Silverjet taking over FJE or vice versa. FJE do have a ops/crewing department and utilise standby crew. I would be very surprised to see an airline without standby crew - the crewing dept could be contracted out though.

BecauseCIDSsays_so!
7th Sep 2006, 18:44
I got a job wth Silverjet as Inflight Service Coordinator and I for one am excited about it!
Yes it's a new company, there will be teething problems and it won't be smooth running all the way, but hey if it doesn't work out then there are other airlines. Everyone has got to start somewhere.
When I was at my interview they were talking about standbys and that you'd need to live locally in order to do them so sounded to me like there will be standbys!
I think it's just a case of wait and see, if you don't try you'll never know and I think it will be great to be in from the start.
Well, congratulations to everyone else who got the job and good luck, see you there.
Have fun!

Mefly
8th Sep 2006, 09:36
I totally agree. I'm sure it won't be easy but it should definately be interesting and I'm very excited.

Pandora's Box
8th Sep 2006, 11:11
Well done and congrats to those who got it :D

With regards to standby crew, i am just going from what MB said in the presentation.....

Q. What will the call out time be for standby's
A. We wont need standby's
Q. No really what will the standby time be
A. Read my lips, we wont have standby's cause nobody will go sick :=

With regards to crewing...

Q. Will you have your own crewing and rostering department
A. I dont like the word department and I can just whipp your rosta's up on my laptop :ugh:

Can you see why im not bothered I did'nt get the job?? I think i'll stay where I am thanks:ok:

whisky777
8th Sep 2006, 12:26
Totally agree!!! And before anyone says it for me... theres no sour grapes!!!

I had an interview for IFM, and on reading some of the posts here about interview dates etc, I phoned Amanda to check that I was being interviewed for IFM on that date, she said yes I was down for an interview in the afternoon. The reason being, I was travelling 2,500 miles to be there, spent a fortune on flights, hotel and had to take time off work etc. I didn't want to waste my time and money, by possibly being sent away after the assessment part of the day. If I had a firm interview fine... I applied for IFM as I've flown for a major scheduled airline for 6 years, had purser and training experience, First class and VIP charter - the whole caboodle! Thought this would be good as I could use all my experience and it would be an interesting company...

So- what happened?? Exactly as I feared - they sent me away after the first stage...I politely asked when my IFM interview was and they said they were not interested. I asked again and explained that the interview had been confirmed, I'd travelled a long way to be there etc and was told tough, go home!... It wasn't the being sent home business that bugged me, as every airline has a different mould that they want you to fit - and you can't suit every airline, it was the fact that I had been lied to and wasted a lot of time and money on an interview that probably never existed... (I had an interview late in the second week).I'd even made notes, in case they wanted me to do a presentation at the IFM interview ( crazy huh!):ugh:

I learnt an expensive lesson from this, but it did make me wonder what they would have been like as employers, if they can treat me like that at interview stage... so for me, a lucky escape ( thats only my personal opinion). So, for all those who didn't get through don't worry, we just didn't fit their mould and what they were looking for, but another airline will...don't take it personally ( Hey, with all my experience and they didn't even want me for crew!! Just shows how different airlines are). For those who did get through, good luck, enjoy it, its good experience... and you'll have a great time shopping in New York!!:)

ltn and beyond
9th Sep 2006, 16:45
I also have over 8years flying experience as senior crew with a major UK airline.

I too applied for the IFM position, but they didn't have the courtesy to inform me that I was only being interviewed as crew. When I left a message with Amanda to confirm why I wasn't being interviewved for the position I applied, I got no return phonecall.

So, I thought I would go along and see what they had to say. Not impressed by the presentation given by MB, and was gobsmaked by some of th things he was saying, IE no standbys etc.

I didn't get past the first stage, but yet a mate of mine who has no experience as crew got through!

I understand that every airline are looking for something different, but I was amazed that I wan't 'good enough' to be interviewed one to one!

A lucky escape, as flying to New York 8 times a month.....................no thanks!!!

Good luck to all who give it a go!!

robbic
11th Sep 2006, 09:22
Well, there does seem to be a pattern developing here!

I too was under the impression that I was being interviewed for IFM (as that was the role I had applied for!!!!:ugh: ) , to find I was being interviewed for as crew.

I asked Amanda three times via email, to confirm that I was being interviewed for the IFM role, and on two occasions the reply did not say yes or no (the 3rd email didn't even receive a reply, which is the height of rudeness!)

Like others, I prepared a presentation and other information, which no one was interest in. My greatest concern was the fact that the person who interviewed me, really didn't seem that interested and I found it difficult to 'sell my skills' in interview to someone who's body language clearly indicated..... bored! :zzz: to the point where he quoted at one point whilst looking at his watch " think we should pick up speed a little now":=

How close was I to saying, you ask me a question, you should let me reply!

Anyway, I contacted them before they had a chance to say yes or no as I had been offered a direct entry senior role with another airline, but I hope the airline is a success for those who take the job.:D