PDA

View Full Version : EK 330 EO in DXB

babafly
28th May 2006, 16:04
is it true EK A330 lost an Engin after T/O due to a hole in the Engin?
sounds like maintenance missed it up again:=

Straight & Level
28th May 2006, 17:09
Maybe the engine was missing a vital 'E', and decided that life just wasn't worth continuing without it! As far as I know, the engine had two holes, one where the air goes in, the other where it is blown out again:hmm:
Let's not jump to conclusions here...:rolleyes:

ironbutt57
28th May 2006, 17:31
like a good woman suck, squeeze, bang, and blow...then they for no good reason fly apart...and cost lots of money:ok:

sec 3
28th May 2006, 17:46
You know you're a redneck when....:E

ruserious
28th May 2006, 19:22
sounds like maintenance missed it up again
A tad reactionary to say the least, lets try and wait until at least one of the facts is known before we point fingers of blame, then at least you will be suitable for management. If you can wait for the full investigation, then maybe you can join the professional community :=

apaddyinuk
28th May 2006, 20:54
is it true EK A330 lost an Engin after T/O due to a hole in the Engin?
sounds like maintenance missed it up again:=

Sounds more like the english tutor messed up again!!!

dtur2424
29th May 2006, 19:09
It was in 7 Days today, except they were more concerned with disgruntled pax. What happened to EK127? Spread the Word!

cornwallis
30th May 2006, 09:26
Any news on exactly what happened?My company had a shutdown last year when a trent lost all its oil on t/o.

EGGW
30th May 2006, 13:01
Seems like a major failure, debris all over the RWY. Apparently a compressor failure according to the engineers today, aircraft still grounded and not back in service. Hence roster changes for some of you gents on the Bus.

Good job done by the crew :ok:

EGGW

Arty Craft
30th May 2006, 14:56
Combustion chamber failure of #2 engine at around 10 o'clock position. Quite a bit of damage to the T/R cowls, as you would expect. There is a dent on the inboard flap as well. Repairs are in progress.

cornwallis
30th May 2006, 21:14
Thnkyou for the info.I once had three N3 blades shed their tips on a Trent.It was not a problem until you reduced power as the tips also took the T section on the back of the blade with them.

Fox3snapshot
30th May 2006, 23:07
As I mentioned in the original post on this topic....be very careful what spares you source from Sharjah!!! :E

Had some dodgy spark plugs from there a few weeks ago and my gardner had hells trouble getting the ol Victa mower going, I learnt my lesson from that and I certainly hope Emirates do too! :=

Warlock2000
31st May 2006, 03:56
Just a word to the drivers:

WELL DONE :D