PDA

View Full Version : need advices

GREGCART
28th May 2006, 12:16
Hi,

If you were: non US citizen with FAA CPL IFR ME, with 450 flight hours and 30000 USD available to increase your chance to be hired by an airline anywere on earth excepted in the US (no green card), what will you do with this amount of money to increase your chance??????
Thanks for advice

Greg

GREGCART
30th May 2006, 18:08
Hi folks,

I am FAA CPL IFR ME fixed wing and rotorcraft but only 450 flight hours, so not experienced enough to get hired. But fortunately, I ahve some money left 40000 usd. The question is how to spend it to increase my chance to be hired by an airline. I am not US citizen and do not have working permit to work in the US. So I plan to work in the rest of the world excepted in the EU.
Is anybody out there who could give me advice or good tips to use properly this amount of moneyand not to waste it.

Thank you

GREG

DeltaSix
31st May 2006, 07:46
Use it to support yourself while you take up a full-time aviation job like instructing or charter. Go overseas to build up hours to at least 1,500 hours.
You'll need the money trust me. Then go for ATPL.

Otherwise, you can invest it.....:} , if your game, pay an airline to train you to 500 hours jet time.

D6

scroggs
31st May 2006, 08:47
You need first to find out where in the world (outside the USA) accepts FAA licences and hires low-hour pilots. There are many countries that accept experienced pilots as long as they hold almost any ICAO licence, but there aren't many that will take inexperienced non-nationals. Find out where you can use your licences and then discover what you need to do in that place to make yourself employable.

Scroggs

GREGCART
31st May 2006, 11:55
Thanks for your answer,

Actually I was thinking about hours building at eaglejet international in FLORIDA (up to 1500 tt including Turbo experience). It will take a while if I build hours as a CFI and I am already 35 years old. It would be faster while purchasing a 750 hours block!
What do you think about it?

greg

DeltaSix
1st Jun 2006, 08:57
Gregcart, be warned about Eaglejet. I know someone who did their program in the 737. He paid for 500 hours but only got 400 hours as the airline suddenly cut his training abruptly for no reason. His suspicion is, EJ did not pay the airline in full thus cutting his training.
Make sure you have a contract with the airline to complete your required hours and maybe a contract for a job at the end of it. Don't settle for anything else. Good luck.

To your other question, the more intense and closely spaced your training is, the better the retention rate.

D6

GREGCART
1st Jun 2006, 17:50
Thanks to you D6, for your advice.:ok:

Do you know another company proposing hours building program?

Thanks

DeltaSix
2nd Jun 2006, 10:18
Gregcart,

It depends which aircraft you want to build your hours with. If you are referring to jets, then the safest way is to get in as a second officer with an airline but you need at least 1500 hours.
If you have the money, then go directly to the airlines who will take in low hour pilots and forget a broker like EJ. The airline doesnt get all of your money, so you might as well broker for yourself and SELL yourself. But remember to improve the product which is "you".

Happy flying

D6