PDA

View Full Version : SunState Aviation Flight School (FL)

jrdoebar
27th May 2006, 23:15
Does anyone have any experience with this flight school in Kissimmee Florida??

Grts Jeffrey

Holliwood
29th May 2006, 13:04
i went visiting them recently and it loocked veeeery professional, but for me it's not the worth to go there only for 250H+CPL and than have to do the conversion!

Fabio

Sensible
29th May 2006, 13:18
Absolutely superb outfit! Nicely maintained Cessna SP's and very recent aircraft. Very professional owner/managers. Also, very close to Sanford to take advantage of cheap charter flights and cheap hotels. Prices are great too! No, I don't work for them but I do rent from them!

PicMas
29th May 2006, 15:19
Good to hear, going there in late July for CFI reinstatement.

Any tips/ tricks??
All communication have been swift courteous and accomodating, seems like a professional joint!

What's a Girdler
30th May 2006, 12:11
Fabulous school, who do everything in their power to provide you with what you need. Aircraft are great

Big_Mach
30th May 2006, 12:35
I'd recommend them as well.
Was meant to be doing hour-building at Orlando Flight Training (OFT) across the airfield but their availabilty of aircraft was abysmal. Took a drive over to Sunstate and although the setup might not appear as impressive the aircraft were better maintained and there wasn't any of the hard-sell assocaited with OFT. Also they were cheaper and didn't include any hidden extras like fuel supplements and credit-card charges (although that might have changed now).
However just be aware that they were not JAA authorised so if you are intending to do any licences, you would need to convert them from FAA.

0-8
30th May 2006, 13:43
I agree with all the above comments.
Great service, new aircraft at good prices and no hidden extras.

Aristomenis
25th Aug 2006, 13:39
I just contacted them and they told me that they do not issue M-1 viza forms. So it seems to me impossible to go there if you are an international student. Any comments on that?

BritishGuy
26th Aug 2006, 15:21
Would also agree - Sunstate is a very decent outfit. Shame about the OFT outfit across the ramp. OFT feel that with their JAA authorization they can r*pe anyone that comes to them. Sunstate on the other hand seems to be a little more professional than that. Good new aircraft and no hidden fees that I knew of. Hope it's still the same. Just one quick note - don't pre-pay ANYWHERE you go.

Aristomenis
26th Aug 2006, 18:57
British guy and the rest,

I have contacted many schools in the States, and not a single one of them sends you the I-20 form for the viza unless you make a deposit, which in most cases is around $1500. When i ask them why the answer is that this is not a company policy but a federal regulation regarding the issuance of vizas... How can one overcome that?