PDA

View Full Version : QF A330 - Perth

Ferrett
27th May 2006, 11:23
Was walking around the river in Perth this morning (Saturday) and noticed a Qantas A330 on approach to land towards the North. The aircraft then appeared to conduct a missed approach, turned left and flew up the middle of the Swan River and out over the coast. It then made a 180 degree turn and flew back to Perth airport and I assume landed, (lost sight of it through the trees). Anyone know what was going on?:)
Thanks

m1tch
27th May 2006, 11:27
does it really matter, or are you one of the qf baggers out there..

a/c do missed approaches all the time:ugh: all around the world every minute...

get a life........................................................ ..................

icanot
27th May 2006, 12:13
Oh my god Ferret you dare question a QF pilot!
Shame on you smack smack! No one ever dares question a QF pilot.
They never ever make mistakes, they are so precious!
They may be the laughing stock in the aviation world, but never ever question them, they simply cannot handle it!
But dont worry their day will soon be here!
Jetstar is on its way!
Copy that!

757manipulator
27th May 2006, 12:26
does it really matter, or are you one of the qf baggers out there..

a/c do missed approaches all the time all around the world every minute...

get a life.............................................. ............................

Hmmmmmmmmmm perhaps one should heed ones own advice :hmm:

Sheepdog
27th May 2006, 12:28
M1tch grow up! you snotty nose flogger,

the forum is there for people to ask questions and have a mutual interest in aviation. It was a simple question which could answered politely.

OCCR
27th May 2006, 12:32
Its typical though! no one should ever question a QF pilot!
You question them and you get a tirade of abuse.
I don't know if Mitch is a QF techie but he sure has the attitude of one!:oh:

Capt Fathom
27th May 2006, 12:35
Good spray icanot. We would love to hear the background to your story!
Especially the basis of your comparsion with the aviation world.
Hopefully you have passed on your concerns to CASA.
PS Looks like a load of passengers (and cabincrew) get to fly another day due to the the timely go-around in Perth, executed by those nasty qantas pilots'. :E

vee1-rotate
27th May 2006, 13:34
Have heard reports that a QF A330 was disabled on the runway for a short time at PH today, due to nose steering failure? Would assume this is one in the same...

Capn Bloggs
27th May 2006, 13:54
Well there was a rat-tailed megatwin parked in the "u/s" area by the ITB this arvo and the security nazis said the terminal was chaos just after lunch. Could well have been a "land"bus involved! I wonder if the nosewheel turned sideways like the Deathstar in the States? :eek:

Either that or the skygods decided to do a River One arrival given the lovely day in YPPH (as always). "hey Captain sh1tbags, the river looks good!" "Yes Bloggs, let's go over and have gander. Going Round!".

lost sight of it through the trees Maybe they were crossqualifying the A330 for chainsaw operations like it's smaller borther...

dodgybrothers
27th May 2006, 15:17
wow bloggsy that is a rant! love the stuff. A/c was disabled on 03 for a while cannot confirm it was the said french fantastic.

esreverlluf
28th May 2006, 02:28
Bloggs - The noseheel was pointing the right direction, simply towed off the runway.

It was operating a domestic service, so unlikely to have anything to do with any "chaos" at the ITB - however the chaos at the DTB was another matter. . .

Eagleman
28th May 2006, 07:01
Is this a professional pilot's forum, or a aircraft spotter's mothers club?

May professional pilot's the world over continue to do go arounds. Even to ask the question begs of jurno ignorance.

king oath
28th May 2006, 07:58
Ferret asks a reasonable question and there follows the most childish series of rubbish posts. What a moronic series of replies.

People other than pilots visiting this forum must wonder at the mentality of some pilots and their maturity. Do other professions have this level of maturity amongst their practicioners?

Wed Webbing Woop
28th May 2006, 08:16
...................bloody oath Kingee.
Firstly though your spelling is a bit off.!!!!! ( probably like some of your approaches at PER maybe -that Northerly is always tough going !!!!!! )
Its PRACTITIONER.
To answer your question on other professions level of maturity.????
Only 1 comes to mind , ie POLITICIANS ..... F@#$%^%%#^%&&&S !!!

Ferrett
29th May 2006, 02:27
M1TCH
The question was benign and I was no way having a go at Qantas, the aircraft or crew. Was just interested.
Working in the industry I know that go around operations are common and are achieved safely and in accordance with set procedures. Furthermore having flown as a private pilot for 10 years I have conducted several go arounds myself without incident.
If you want to mouth off in person, please feel free to call me:
Sean Donaldson
Business Development Manager
National Jet Systems
(08) 9479 9700

Capn Bloggs
29th May 2006, 03:31
Oh my god! A self-outing!

Yeh Mitch, try my prune remedy for wound-up people: take a bex and have a good lie down.:ok:

VH-GRUMPY
29th May 2006, 03:33
Ferret

Well done - he might like to include his CV and see whether he can get a job with your organisation!

:p

SkySista
29th May 2006, 05:17
Geez!!

As someone who has asked my fair share of this sort of question in my first days on Prune, I'm glad I hardly ever got the sort of response poor Ferret got!!

Not all of us here actually fly for a living you know, or if we do, we fly on something a bit smaller and are just naturally curious as to things that are beyond our scope of experience.

I too like to know the reasons behind delays or hassles at Perth and so forth as quite often it has (or will) affect my workday and the kind of outcome I'll get. If it's not that, sometimes I'm concerned as to whether things turned out ok for the crews concerned, if I wasn't there to see what happened in the end.

Glad at least some people here can see that others are just curious about things they might not have the knowledge or experience to judge. At least Ferret was humble enough to ask the question and not just assume he knew the reason (e.g., didn't bag anyone, assume it was something bad, and so forth).

Eagleman, stating that 'asking that question begs of journo ignorance' just shows a crap attitude. Everyone slings off at the media for reporting 'wrong information'... but if they get slated every time they ask a question, how the hell are they supposed to learn?? If a journo asked you for correct information as to why aircraft may conduct a go-around, don't tell me you wouldn't love the opportunity to 're-educate' him/her...! :E (Not that Ferret is a journo but you all know what I mean!!!)

Besides, if you happen to be someone that hasn't seen a go around before (or see them very often, esp in something the size of a 330) they can be a bit scary to see if you don't know what/why is happening!! :cool:

Led Zep
29th May 2006, 06:04
Could be wind shear - had the privilege to see a 744 go around at PH due to what the pilots thought was excessive wind shear. They were considering a divert to Pearce but they basically have the same runways as PH. :confused:
Even had the Channel 7 'chopper buzzing around for the rest of the day hoping for some carnage! ATC wasn't impressed. :E

M1TCH
The question was benign and I was no way having a go at Qantas, the aircraft or crew. Was just interested.
Working in the industry I know that go around operations are common and are achieved safely and in accordance with set procedures. Furthermore having flown as a private pilot for 10 years I have conducted several go arounds myself without incident.
Sean Donaldson
National Jet Systems
(08) 9479 9700
What a way to stick it! ;)

29th May 2006, 06:41
Glad at least some people here can see that others are just curious about things they might not have the knowledge or experience to judge.... if they get slated every time they ask a question, how the hell are they supposed to learn??

Good on yer Sista. What a shame a question like this receives such childlike responses. I thought the 'professional' part of the Pprune acronym meant its visitors are paid professionals, or at least can try to behave like them.

How about some of you bigots try to answer the question rather than proving yourselves to be nothing more than suspicious, pompous, stuck-up, know-it-all smart-alecs? :=

:D Ferrett for showing the willingness to improve your knowledge, unlike some muppets in this forum who'd rather pretend how superior they are. From what I've been told, knowledge of aviation is to be shared, not used against others as a form of ridicule.

Mud Skipper
29th May 2006, 21:38
Any one get the rego?

Pass-A-Frozo
29th May 2006, 22:02
M1TCH
Sean Donaldson
National Jet Systems
(08) 9479 9700

haha.. :ok:
:D :D
Is that the sound of M1TCH getting back into his box?? :E

pcpilot2
29th May 2006, 23:11
Go the Ferret!.

Capn Bloggs
29th May 2006, 23:37
Any one get the rego?

I think it was VH-GOD. :)

SkySista
30th May 2006, 02:57
Frozo, I think this has to go down as one of the better PPRuNe put-downs ever!! :E

Onya Sean!

NAMPS
30th May 2006, 03:29
M1tch...where are you??? M1tch?:}

Woomera
30th May 2006, 03:41
I suspect one can draw the conclusion an aircraft had a technical problem resulting in a go around followed by a normal landing.

And that about sums up this topic!!! :mad:

:ugh: :ugh:

Sunny Woomera