PDA

View Full Version : Gatwick to Male

bobspud
26th May 2006, 16:16
Hi,
I have just booked a holiday to male in October and I was told that I am flying on through cosmos on Monarch (MON7914.). Since I booked I have been given the chance to ditch this package and go with first choice on premium seats for about £200 less than my first packace. Is it worth taking a £180 hit on dumping the cosmos package?? what are the Monarch flights like for long haul?

Cheers

Peter

freddieplanecrazy
26th May 2006, 16:54
Peter,
If I were you I would definitely change over to FCA, they have recently re-furbished all their aircraft and they are supposed to have a very superior product compared to most charter carriers. I have heard about many nightmare experiences on Monarch, their legroom is supposed to be dreadful.............

Hope this helps,

Freddie

vespasia
26th May 2006, 17:20
Absolutely worthwhile from what I hear. FCA legroom much improved on all longhaul recently. I flew this route last year with MON and while legroom wasn't as bad as I'd heard the whole experience was, at best, average for a charter. Plus, they didn't bother letting me know in advance that the return flight had changed to via MAN. ( although to be fair, that was more likely a problem with the holiday operator than Monarch themselves. ) All the same, from the reports I've heard of FCA service, that's the one I'd choose. Hope this helps!:)

Musket90
26th May 2006, 17:45
Having experienced both MON and FCA (pre-cabin upgrade but not premium) on Gatwick-Male I would choose FCA. Also the FCA flight operates to an earlier schedule which may be more convenient. Having said that, going out I don't mind too much as knowing what's at the destination tends to make you forget the flight experience. It's the coming back that matters as it takes possibly up 1 hour longer due headwinds and you want a good flight experience to help deal with the thought of returning home from such a beautiful area.

lba2006
26th May 2006, 20:28
FCA all the way, did them last year and going again this year!!

phreegreens
26th May 2006, 20:37
FCA all the way, did them last year and going again this year!!

Seconded..! Did FCA premium to Cuba just before they u/graded the aircraft, at the time aircraft were looking a bit tired, but the legroom was fine and I'm 6' 2". Cabin crew were excellent, really made the trip part of the holiday.

Matty J
26th May 2006, 21:08
You have to go with FCA!!:) :)
Flew to Orlando Sanford with them last year in the new Star Class Premier cabin and it was fantastic.
Just my opinion, but having flown to Mombasa, Kenya and Sharm El Sheikh with Monarch i would rather cut my fingers off with a butter knife than fly them again!!!:eek: :eek:

Regards.:ok:

flyingisgr8
26th May 2006, 22:33
Got to be FCA - I've just arrived back from SFB. Flight was superb both ways - the IFE is fantastic compared to Monarch. Seats were the most comfortable Y seats and legroom i've ever experienced (with the exception of the old AA 34" post 9/11). Can't believe that in the past I've flown transatlantic on a Thomson B763 and MYT A330! Never again unless they follow FCA's lead.

bobspud
27th May 2006, 05:02
Looks like Im in for a tough day then :sad: spoke to first choice late last night and they have the flights but not the room we want (last one got sold while she had it reserved :ugh: will have to make some calls. Looks like monarch are getting a bad press where ever I look... So spending £400 extra pounds to upgrade on their flight seems mad :(

Thanks everyone :)

hapzim
27th May 2006, 07:30
£400.00 pounds on the price of your holiday, not a lot realy for 24hours of more comfort. The germans pay more across the board for their flights which is why they get a better seat pitch. British mentality want everything for nothing. Real world pay for what you get + lots for add ons. (same goes for wages employer/employie):ugh:

757manipulator
27th May 2006, 12:23
First Choice are offering increased (subsidised from Boeing) leg room on their 767's as part of the deal to buy the 787..dont expect it to last. Ultimately you get what you pay for these days:ok:

NEastMidlands
29th May 2006, 20:45
The Star Class service is going to be fitted onto the B787.