PDA

View Full Version : The TSA

boogie-nicey
26th May 2006, 15:52
Just wanted to find out whether anyone's used the TSA for multiple entries so that they can divide their respective course into 2 parts or maybe return to do any retakes.

Thanks in advance.

BigGrecian
26th May 2006, 23:16
You have a year from the date you start training. So even if your authroisation letter states an expiry date - you have a year from the start of your training.

There are people at my school who are going through the TSA for a second time - they seem to be having no problems.

Nk8047
27th May 2006, 00:25
sorry if this not relative with the original post but didnt wanted to open a new thread for TSA ,i have applied for 2different ratings and i reiceved 2 emails telling me to submit fingerprints anybode here knows if i have to send 2 sets of them,one for each application :ugh: ?also does anyone has a clue how long does the M1 visa issue takes
Thanks

BigGrecian
27th May 2006, 17:52
Call the TSA regarding your application or give them an email - they're quite helpfull and should be able to combine the application at a guess.

M1 Visa issue takes about 2-3 days after interview - assuming your approved.

wlynx
27th May 2006, 22:57
The application to carry out flight training in the US states that if you have already submitted finger prints, you do not need to do so again. although as far as I am aware once you have logged on to and registered with the Alien Flight student training web site. you may submit further training requests based upon the back ground information and finger prints supplied.

as far as multiple entries, as long as they fall within the dates requested for training, are at the same school, it shouldn't be a problem, a school can not train you until they receive confirmation from the TSA, if they were not mentioned in the original application they wont get the email with permission to initiate training.

as far as actual entry to the US is concerned, the TSA clearance has nothing to do with that at all,( you could enter for flight training with out it , But the school would not be allowed to let you fly ) that is what the student Visa is for, and that is good for multiple entry's to the US within the validity period of the Visa.

hope this is of some help, I have just recently gone through this my self, except my Visa was for Immigration / permanent residency.

Wlynx

Nk8047
28th May 2006, 10:35
Thanks a lot guys ,yep the school has been contacted i just wanted to make sure that i dont have to pay the 150$ twice to nata ,anwyay ill call them tmrow to book my appointment and ill ask them about it ,again thanks for the help cheers

Nikos