PDA

View Full Version : EZ Drug Tests

DXBrecruit
26th May 2006, 14:14
Hi Girls and Guys

I got into easyjet, at the interviews in Melbourne.

I am heaps worried about the medical, particularly the drugs test.

I ate a hash cookie about 4 weeks ago, and am really stressed. I don't normally do drugs. And some people say that it can stay in your system for 11 weeks.

Anyway N.E.1 know if easyjet does a drug test in there medical?

Shanks

PS I wanna get into Emirates, thatz why the name...

jettesen
26th May 2006, 17:27
You wont get into anyairline if you take drugs. Most major airports carryout random drug and alcohol tests on the crew especially downroute. Seriously if you are considering a career in the airlines stay clear!!!

wint3rmute
26th May 2006, 17:35
If it was voluntary, then I do hope that they have drug testing, just to stop you becoming a cabin crew member!!

You sound like such a lovely person.

In other words, sometimes you do???

Highly intelligent too!

OzzieO
26th May 2006, 17:40
Oh for god sakes MJ get of your high bloody horse. A hash cookie is hardly a line of coke is it?!

wint3rmute
26th May 2006, 20:29
Excellent.. suddenly I'm in an episode of Brass Eye. Anyone for cake? That's a made up drug obviously.

I realise this is a contentious issue and opinions are passionate and divided... but there's no point discussing it unless opinions are based in fact.

jettesen
26th May 2006, 20:51
well I would not loke to fly on a plane where all the crew are off their heads on drugs

wint3rmute
26th May 2006, 20:56
I'm sure we're all agreed on that one Jet.

OzzieO
26th May 2006, 21:42
MJ Please don't take my comments out of context.

Read the original post again and my subsequent reply.

Have you ever considered a career in politics? :)

DXBrecruit
27th May 2006, 00:44
Oh my god! A friend told me that this forum waz b*tchy, but who'd have guessed.

When I was at university, 6 years ago, I experimented a little, big deal. But I DO NOT do drugs.

I don't wanna do drugs, they are pointless.

I knew what I was eating, but had already had a bit too much to drink and waznt thinking.

And for god's sakes, it's a Hash Cookie. Not a line of Cocaine or Speed, Not Ecstasy. I didn't get drunk and decide to stick a needle in my arm and inject myself with Heroin!!!!!!

It waz a chocolate brownie, that a tiny bit of hashish in it. I did feel a little bit stoned, but only a tiny bit. After about an hour or two I went to bed.

If there is anyone who can answer my original question that would be great....

OzzieO
27th May 2006, 07:18
Well your friend was right!

Sorry I don't know personally but know somebody that does. I will ask for you tonight and let you know.

cavortingcheetah
27th May 2006, 16:56
:hmm:

It's not really a question of being judgemental is it now.
A careful reading of your posts elicits the following information:
You must be in your early to mid twenties. (University six years ago).
You took drugs of one sort or another at some time while at university.(Many of us did.)
You do not want to 'do' drugs. (Most of us don't.)
You make distinctions as to what you consider to be drugs, or at the least, acceptable druggy substances.
You make distinctions as to what is a reasonable or suitable quantity of drug to ingest.
You had too much to drink and took drugs. You really neither consider that what you took was a drug nor that you took too much.
You knew what you were doing.
Please excuse some who might cast a jaundiced eye on such an approach to any sort of mind altering substance on the part of crew with whom they might have to work. There is nothing bitchy about the conclusions which one might come to, based upon your own statements.

Res ipsa loquitur.

You might find the following link helpful in deciding when you should schedule a medical:

http://www.expomed.com/drugtest/common.htm

I had a chat about this very subject not so long ago with an AME. He stated that any hashish ingestion could be detected for up to six weeks, at least.
He may be wrong, of course. I should think it depends upon the sensitivity of the test equipment that might be used.

I'll now put my Sherlock Holmes hat to one side and ignoring the Judge Jeffries black cap pretend that I am the head, whatever it may be called, cabin services supervisor.:suspect:

naughtybutnice
27th May 2006, 17:09
If ur so worried go to boots and buy a detox pack it will drain all the c*** u ate.. also in the mornings drink hot water with lemon that will help!!:confused:

STOP EATING HASH CAKES!! ITS BAD FOR U AND FATTNING:= := := := := := := := := := := :=