PDA

View Full Version : Horizon Swiss Flight Academy

The African Dude
25th May 2006, 16:53
Has anybody actually trained with this school? I was thinking about training in my spare time whilst working in Switzerland. They seem to be one option.

I'm sure they aren't the cheapest around, but if I'm living nr. ZRH then there doesn't seem to be much choice if working towards an ATPL.

So what are people experiences, thoughts on
- Cost
- Quality of training and their attitude
- Anything about the school, or training in Switzerland
- could I use a Swiss license in the UK - JAR/JAA etc?

Would be great to get a rapport going on this thread as there doesn't seem to be much info around on training in Switzerland.

AD

The African Dude
31st May 2006, 20:02
Anybody ..?

RoyHudd
31st May 2006, 21:23
;) Horizon never answered my 3 letters of enquiry. And having lived and worked in CH for some years, I was ready with the money and the will-power. No dice.

Ended up training in UK and USA. No problem.

The African Dude
15th Jun 2006, 12:36
Interesting, thx RoyHudd. Anybody on this forum know anything else about training in Switzerland?

LSGG
15th Jun 2006, 14:05
Salut,

I trained in GVA and Lausanne with Twinair in 2000/2001. Got my frozen ATPL and CPL/IR but waisted as much energy getting what I wanted with the school then studying.

I would say following ;

The future is expat. I've heard from a lot of people who trained in UK a lot of positive feedback. Their schools are also great places to get connections and all the charters come and make their "shopping" there.

If you wanna stay local for your studies or flying then I think Horizon might be the best in CH, or air espace (www.air-espace.net (http://www.air-espace.net)) in Geneva. But same mafia anyways. They care more about their money as your future... (acutaly who doesn't ?)

Good luck

Jetrock1984
16th Jun 2006, 20:43
nybody on this forum know anything else about training in Switzerland?

http://www.swiss-aviation-training.com/satindex

Expensive? Yes. Good? No, the best. In my humble opinion(currently 6 months into the integrated ATPL course)

Luftibus
17th Jun 2006, 10:09
If you want to do theoretical Training, Horizon is good, they have the best ATP Question Database.
For practical training, it takes most problably longer than they tell you, they have a lot of instructors, but most of them are professional pilots and they do not wait for you, what means less hours in a Week, wich means less experince-> you need more time and money.

If you want to become a Pilot in Switzerland, go to Swiss Aviation Training. They are the best!
If you don't want to do it Integrated, ask Swiss Aviation Training for the parter in switzerland who does it modular.

The African Dude
18th Jun 2006, 15:20
Interesting stuff. Modular is the way for those of us that don't want to take out loans too early in life (student debt is enough for now!).

Jetrock - I guess you're on the integrated course, do you know of anybody's opinions of the modular side at SAT?