PDA

View Full Version : JCB G550 Ops

future G-V driver
25th May 2006, 16:31
Hi,

Can anyone please shed some light on this op. G550 likely routes, T&C, enjoyable operation etc.

Thanks in advance.

specialbrew
26th May 2006, 09:37
Some find the family owners difficult to work for.World wide ops but often out early to collect customers to bring them back to base then return them home in eve. Have to live close to EMA....20 min I think?

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
26th May 2006, 15:56
Some find the family owners difficult to work for.World wide ops but often out early to collect customers to bring them back to base then return them home in eve. Have to live close to EMA....20 min I think?

They seem to fly a lot of short-haul routes around Europe and back to EMA or Oxford or Luton several times a day.

There also seem to be the occasional Russian and Asian flights.

Fried_Chicken
26th May 2006, 21:57
Aircraft based at East Midlands (along with their choppers) which is close to the JCB factory at Rochester

I believe Mr JCB lives down Oxford way hence the regular visits to Kidlington

FC

Chilli Monster
26th May 2006, 22:33
Aircraft based at East Midlands (along with their choppers) which is close to the JCB factory at Rochester

ROCESTER

Rochester being 130 miles South East.

ShyTorque
27th May 2006, 00:33
"Mr JCB", namely Joseph Cyril Bamford, died over 5 years ago. His son is now Chairman and has been running the company for many years before that.

silverhawk
29th May 2006, 06:10
T & Cs? Is that 20 mins for East Midlands a fact?

Ella
29th May 2006, 18:02
I was thinking of appying for this as I am not that far from EMA (45mins) and want to get out of taking the scum of society to the holiday hell holes of Europe and the Caribbean.

Do they want type rated people with current corporate VIP experience? or would they look at a high time Boeing Captain with VIP experience of many years ago.

I am well aware that the job is likely to produce an unstable life style and that a service orientated attitude is essential. However what sort of salary and conditions would a G550 driver expect to earn, and finally, why are they advertising for a new ops director and crew all at the same time. Have they had a mass walk out or something?