PDA

View Full Version : Air Sao Tome Twin Otter Crash

Treetopflyer
24th May 2006, 17:06
Hi all,

Apparently the Twin Otter of Air São Tomé & Principé crashed in the ocean on Monday. All four aboard died, and the newspaper mentions Gabonese instructor & examiner Camille Malekou was onboard. If that is true, it's a pity because that guy was a fine pilot and person.:sad:

Anybody knows anything about this???

(in Portuguese)
http://www.jornal.st/noticias.php?noticia=1839

GUSTO
24th May 2006, 18:58
I confirm that Camille Malekou was on board and was doing instruction . They have found one body so far out of the 4 persons . Very sad the guy was a good person and very experienced pilot , I flew with him for hundreds of hours . Sad day ...

cpt
24th May 2006, 20:39
I knew Camille.... does anybody has a hint on what happened ?

putt for dough
25th May 2006, 11:06
Is this the Gabonese Camille? Ex Avirex/Ex Solenta skip on AT43?
Sad day for all if it is.
What a good bloke!

BN2
25th May 2006, 13:40
I knew Camille, flew and worked with him, such a nice guy, always willing to help, very good and experienced pilot.
Condolences and prayers to families and friends of Camille and Air Sao Tome crew.
May they rest in peace, and may their memories never leave us.

Toutes mes condoleances à la famille de Camille et aux amis de Libreville.

PS

B Sousa
25th May 2006, 14:46
Both Sad and Mysterious. Twin Otter is sort of a hard plane to find problem with......What could have caused this tragedy?

BN2
27th May 2006, 06:00
Any other news about what happened ? Did they find the wreckage ?

Newforest
27th May 2006, 07:54
As of 24/5, they had recovered the body of a female passenger. The plane crashed a kilometer from the shore. Would assume that the plane is not yet recovered.

cpt
2nd Jun 2006, 21:35
Still no news on what may have happened ? Did they recover the wreck ?

dakotanorb
4th Jun 2006, 15:50
I was Camille's propeller cleaner in LBV when he was flying for Solenta. He was a nice chap to work with and never gave me any troubles. Rest in peace Camille, and condolences to the family
Dakotanorb

cpt
5th Jun 2006, 05:06
Yes, really a nice chap, I have known him since the Air Inter Gabon time in Port Gentil....I really wonder what could have happened to this Twin Otter for such a violent impact....maybe dissymetrical flap retraction ? I know this has happened before and it's not forgiving....