PDA

View Full Version : Best Way to go about things ???

SpanwiseGlow
24th May 2006, 12:19
Hi Everyone,

This is my first posting on PPRUNE.

I am a European based ATR72 and ATR42 F/o. I have done a few searches on PPJN, PPRUNE and the professional pilot career centre and have come up with a few leads.

I am wondering if any of you guys can offer me some further advice / leads.

Basically I have 1000 hrs TT and 800 hrs on the ATR (mainly 72) and I am looking to work in the Asia pacific region.

Do any of you guys have any further advice on where I am to look for job adverts / contacts or even if any of you know who is hiring at this minute (based on my experience).

I am flying 80-100 hrs per month on the ATR and so I am racking up time quite quickly. I do not mind staying on the ATR but would prefer to be moving onto a jet given the opportunity.

I am in the process of applying to SIA on there co-pilot scheme as I write this.

Thanks in advance for any help offered, it is much appreciated.

SpanwiseGlow.

petitfromage
24th May 2006, 12:57
Veitnam Airlines have the ATR42/72.

Try contacting Nalisha at www.rishworth.co.nz. They are definitely looking for Captains (not sure about FOs).
See here: http://www.rishworth.co.nz/opportunities/details.asp?oppid=418&cat=1

Good company with great prospects/potential. They also have A320/1s, B772s, & brand new A330s.

The expats in Saigon love it and are having a huge time. Even better if youre single.

SpanwiseGlow
25th May 2006, 14:07
Thanks Petitfromage - I am in contact with Rishworth. Thanks again for the heads up.

If anyone else can offer any further advice it would be much appreciated.

Does anybody know who is hiring without the need of a type rating in light of present airline experience on a turbo prop ???

Cheers.

SpanwiseGlow