PDA

View Full Version : SONY VAIO Owners - How do I switch between Wireless Bluetooth and Network???

Feneris
23rd May 2006, 20:45
Hi, I hope a simple question please. I have a SONY VAIO laptop with wireless network and Bluetooth. When I switch them on with the switch on the front I used to have a window pop up to choose between BLuetooth or Wireless Network, but it doesn't now :uhoh: It's a really simple menu, it's in Windows somewhere, I just can't find it and it's driving me insane!! Anyone know where it is please??? Thanks, F

Fargoo
23rd May 2006, 21:21
Hi mate,
On my Vaio (an FE11M) the little application is to be found here
C: \Program Files\Sony\Wireless Switch Setting Utility
then double click on Switcher (little green and blue Icon).
Cheers, Fargoo:ok:

737TG
24th May 2006, 08:46
Hi,

You should have a green "LAN" icon in the notification area, double click it and check the box at "Show this dialog when the wireless devices are activated"

Cheers!
:ok:

Feneris
24th May 2006, 21:40
Thanks Fargoo, it's exactly where you said. I have no idea how people are mean't to know that and I've spent hours trying help screens and online help. Next prob is to make my Nokia talk to the laptop!! F

Fargoo
26th May 2006, 17:03
:ok:

Glad to hear it's ok, i'm not a big fan of the way Sony charged top rate for my Vaio and only supplied the user guide in a folder tucked away on the hard disk.

Love the machine itself though..

Fargoo :ok: