PDA

View Full Version : DAS AIR IN BIG TROUBLE?

gatwicknose
23rd May 2006, 12:26
Rumour has it that DAS are returning aircraft and cutting routes....anyone have any info?

doubleu-anker
23rd May 2006, 12:41
Every dog has it's day.

gatwicknose
23rd May 2006, 13:42
can u fill in any gaps??,,gather they lost heavily on the pax project they tried.

AAL
23rd May 2006, 15:46
Before you go off on a tangent again and do what some ppruners do best, best check out your facts. With current fuel prices DAS like everybody else in the industry have to consolidate and review their operation. No doubt they will consolidate but rumour is rather that they are in the process of upgrading and modernising their freighter fleet.

So sorry, no worry!

dejidip
28th May 2006, 13:38
Got some info that letters have been distributed to crew stating a cut of 50 percent in the entire work force of DAS cargo,we hear they are losing 3 planes,guys things are looking up thier loss might be your gain:rolleyes:

Renaissance
29th May 2006, 05:56
I have heard the same rumour, sorry I have nothing to add to it. I have some DASAIR flight crew buddies, who might be part of the cuts. For some this is a blessing in disguise. They will be able to get jobs that allow them to lead semi normal lives. The current crew scheduling seems to be very inconsiderate to the crew.

I had hoped DASAIR would be my avenue out of GA :{ Oh well... the nsearch goes on...:}

AAL, out of curiosity.... where is Kamapala? :)

Solid Rust Twotter
29th May 2006, 06:32
Kampala is the capital of Uganda, about 50km from HUEN.

Never a good thing when jobs are lost...:{

Renaissance
29th May 2006, 08:10
HI SRT,

Yes, it's always sad when jobs are lost, but when your buddies lose 10KGs in a very short while because they are overworked, it might not be such a bad thing. Besides with the widebody experience they shouldn't find it too difficult to slot in somewhere. Quite a number of them can go back anytime, to where they used to work.

Notice AAL's spelling of Kampala..... ? Just pointing that out. I am very familiar with the place. I am East African afterall....

Happy flying :ok:

I'm enjoying Jumeira beach for now:E

Solid Rust Twotter
29th May 2006, 08:41
Sorry boet...:O

Some companies seem to get their pound of flesh the hard way but as bad as it is, it's worse not working and trying to figure out who doesn't get paid this month...:(

Schmoogle
1st Jun 2006, 08:23
You sound bitter, obviously been 'seen off' by the company at some point ??

doubleu-anker
1st Jun 2006, 08:39
You sound bitter, obviously been 'seen off' by the company at some point ??

Wouldn't have thought so old boy, as I reflect...., so no chance of me being in a position to be "seen off".

Considering how money was made in the early years I am not bitter, just glad.

Schmoogle
1st Jun 2006, 09:17
So obvioulsy you have suffered some kind of 'ill tretament' in the past, and you look at the current decline of the company as personal revenge maybe ??

AAL
1st Jun 2006, 18:02
doubleu-anker, clearly you have an inside track on this matter.

"Considering how money was made in the beginning" - we certainly dont know. Is there something we are missing. Always thought they bought a few planes and started flying.

Share with us, after all this is rumour network !

Schmoogle
2nd Jun 2006, 08:15
What I mean by "seen off", is the company doing you some kind of mis justice in the past. So yea, share your story with us as AAL says.........

doubleu-anker
2nd Jun 2006, 08:53
Let's see now. One "high in a tree..." and the other in "Kamapala"

The only advice I can give you is this. Look to the top of this page, drop your eyes about 5 inches. You will see a yellow horizontal (left to right or right to left) line. If you look hard you will see some words printed in blue. If you look third from the right you will see the word "search". If you "click" on that word search, enter the words Das Air in the appropiate place, even you may find what you are looking for. The words "palm oil" (one of many) spring to mind.

I could go on further but even you chaps up the tree in Kamapala would have fiquired it out by now.

AAL
2nd Jun 2006, 11:39
Where we sit in Kampalala (cloud cuckoo land) - or "high in a tree", does not detract from the malicious slander you are trying to spread. Your simple-guide to researching your allegations also brought up zip leaving little doubt that you are merely a "Doubleu-Dealer" with sour grapes and an axe to grind.

Dont create unfair suspicions that you cannot substantiate.

Schmoogle
2nd Jun 2006, 12:12
Well said AAL, i'm in total concurrance. With this guy in mind, the following key words may be of relevance: Racist, Bitterness, Huge chip on shoulder, Arrogance, Vindictive.

Dan Air 87
3rd Jun 2006, 17:33
Rumour has it that a DAS DC10 was at LGW last night. Any more news? I will be very sad if they shut down. I always enjoy hearing their a/c come over my garden on take off or landing. Its such a pleasant change from A319's of Easy.

Twitcher
7th Jun 2006, 09:03
The remaining 'N' reg in the fleet is to return to the lease holder.
Others are leased from Finova, which is in Chapter 11, if (when) Finova closes other aircraft will have to be returned and therefore lost.
Nothing wrong with DAS Air, they'll just be on a reduced fleet for a while until they find additional aircraft ;-)

Renaissance
7th Jun 2006, 14:56
There have been all sorts of rumours coming out of DASAIR. Here are a few:

Replacing the DC10's for MD11F's.

Possibly getting B744F's

and the latest I heard was B777F's Yeah right!!!!

After all it is a rumour network:rolleyes: :D

Dan Air 87
13th Jun 2006, 19:16
Driving home from LGW this afternoon, I saw a DC10F approaching and I am hoping that it was DAS Air. Anyone got any news on this movement??

dionysius
13th Jun 2006, 21:48
Heard that it was coming in for de-kit of all DAS eqpt, then back to the states for reregistering/resale.

:rolleyes:

Twitcher
14th Jun 2006, 09:49
N401JR is to go back to leasor, currently at Manston.

dionysius
1st Jul 2006, 07:13
A/C still at Manston, heard that was having engines checked then off to the far east for a "C" check then to Vatry for new owner :cool:

Manston Airport
5th Jul 2006, 12:44
Hi
Is Das Air looking into the MD-11F to replaces its DC-10's ?

James

dionysius
22nd Jul 2006, 18:26
There are 4 DAS DC10's at Manston, I appreciate that DAS engineering are in the process of taking over the old jet support hanger, but most of thier fleet on the ground, something must be adrift ??

Twitcher
22nd Jul 2006, 18:56
As has been been stated before, DAS are returning some of the fleet off lease through no fault of their own. As a result some require work to return them in the condition the leasor requires. There were 4 aircraft in but just for one day. There will be a few hangar inputs until things settle down. The fleet may become 3 for a while when the others are returned.
Today, Saturday, there are just the two at MSE not four.