PDA

View Full Version : C-206 Operating Costs???

woollybugger1
23rd May 2006, 07:52
Hey Guys,

I am a commercial pilot working in and around Namibia Botswana and Zambia. The company I fly for operates a C-206, and I was just wondering if anybody can enlighten us on the genuine operting costs for this aircraft. Right now our prices seem to be extremely high per hour and not many passengers are wanting to fly with us.

Right now we have overheads of US$280.00 per hour including the fuel. What is a fair rate to charge considering these overheads?

saywhat
23rd May 2006, 08:38
As on a/c operator $ 500/hr
As a passenger $2/hr

The true price lies somewhere in between!!!!!!!

George Tower
23rd May 2006, 08:45
What is a fair rate to charge considering these overheads?

I personally think you're asking the wrong question. You need to be asking more what is the optimum price to be charging. Charge double and you might have one client per year, charge 10$ more than your over heads and you may have many clients but not even cover your fixed costs. :ugh:

Last year I was quoted over 30,000 N$ to fly a party of 8 from Windhoek to the Caprivi - they chose to hire a Landcruiser and drive instead. So evidently the charter market is price sensitive as well.

Hoveronly
25th May 2006, 08:37
WoolyB

We have DOCs of around the $260 mark for the 206. We charge per NM for the charter.