PDA

View Full Version : CSU/Retract Instructor Brief

csupilot
23rd May 2006, 04:48
Hi everyone,

I need a little help from the other instructors out there. I'm refreshing my lesson and slides for my CSU and retract endorsement brief, and was hoping to get some new photos/diagrams.

The diagrams I have were handed down during my instructor course a few years ago (and are therefore black & white photocopies).

If anyone could provide colour photos or diagrams, could you email them to me at [email protected] or PM me?

Thanks in advance for your help!

5 Left & Right
23rd May 2006, 09:13
CSU

From a career instructor. Why dont you use some initiative and produce your own, get into the hangar when the aircraft you are using is having some maintenance and take some digital photo's. Get a Hartzell or McCauley engineers manual and copy some stuff out of there, use the manufacturers manual's POH's etc. A little effort will pay off, you and your prospective students will be better for it.

5 L&R

csupilot
23rd May 2006, 11:41
I've already tried the manuals, which are okay but the diagrams don't turn out so well. I was just hoping someone might have some .jpg or .gif colour diagrams that would look good on powerpoint or OHTs.

The photos from inside the LAME's shed is a great idea, I'll give that a go though. :ok:

Atlas Shrugged
24th May 2006, 02:15
Try www.enginehistory.org

Plenty pictures in there if you take the time to look