PDA

View Full Version : Jolly good show Etihad....!

Fox3snapshot
23rd May 2006, 00:42
I am in in economy (personal business card at check in didn't work), FL340, in the middle of Tehran airspace on my way to Gatwick on the new 777...typing this post on my laptop and Skyping the oldies at home in Ors-straya and enjoying a wee chardonney, all at the same time and all I can say is...

Well Done Etihad!!

Service :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:
Cabin Layout :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:
Fun factor 10X:ok:

The new kid on the block sure has some great new toys and great people operating them, hopefully the moment is not lost with over expansion and poor treatment of staff....sorry just basing my concerns on some other once notable regional giants ???? :ugh:

Now have to leave you, the next movie is about to start...but there is also my free internet tv stations...hmmm not sure which :rolleyes: , hey!!! you guys in UAE center if you are reading this.....get back to your 20 miles in trail, 230kts by the gate and holding for Dubai! :=

Love
The Fox!
:cool:

jai6638
23rd May 2006, 03:26
Nice... Is etihad the only airline that offers this service in economy class?

Fox3snapshot
23rd May 2006, 06:29
Not sure...its the Boeing "Conexion" setup, absolutely fantastic!

Certainly setting the standard for the region.

:D

fourplay
23rd May 2006, 09:05
FMD.... Now we just need them to start treating their crew and other staff correctly....
Lets start with overnight allowances shall we so the cabin crew can eat down route instead of taking tins of tuna, bread and packet noodles on layovers OR calling sick for longhaul because they cant afford to eat once in LON, PARIS, GERMANY!

TRUE! no exageration....

Oil's how much a barral now? YES racking it in!
So give over you tight ar*e's!!!

W.O.Bentley
23rd May 2006, 10:33
see told you they were heaps better then that crowd from dubai:ok:

enjoy the race. i'll be watching with a cold boags or 3 to see how your mate goes..............never know he might even finish this time:}

Fox3snapshot
23rd May 2006, 12:35
Ouch mate...that hurts...:ouch:

I tell ya, miracles are gonna happen and everyone will wish they were a Mark Webber fan!!!

Will have a wee French Vino for you!

Enjoy the land of Oz :ok:

W.O.Bentley
23rd May 2006, 18:08
mark webber + reliable car = world champ:D

Dixons Cider
25th May 2006, 09:47
Flying pigs + cold day in hell = a reliable Williams and Webbo on the podium

Seriously though, would be good to see the Aussie battler come up trumps at least once, and it'd be good to keep that young miniKeke in check at the same time!!

Make sure you wear your water wings on that boat Foxy!!! :oh:

GO ALONSO! :}

fractional
25th May 2006, 10:04
Apologies for changing slightly the thread line start with this piece of news from teh local press today: http://www.gulf-news.com/business/Aviation/10042374.html
Nothing new here except that this time they announced publicly a new destination more than a couple of days before its start. Well done!:ok:
They have a got a long way to go before filling GF/GT's shoes. GF/GT had 200 movements through AUH before end of March versus 40 nowdays.

fractional
25th May 2006, 11:17
GF/GT had 200 movements through AUH before end of March versus 40 nowdays.
These movements are weekly figures.

jollyikarus
25th May 2006, 22:19
Khartoum...so what.....not exactly a 'high-yield' destination, probably won't even pay for the fuel used up to go there and back. But who knows....

And as far as Webber is concerned.....not a bad guy, just riding for the wrong stable. I wish him luck, thoug! The weekend will tell....

Cheers,

Ikarus ;-)

sec 3
26th May 2006, 03:39
With 3 new a/c coming next month and at least one per month for at least the next year EY movements should be getting up there. F1 Fans.....Don't kid yourselves...Shumi has just been trying to make thing interesting for the fans. Who would want to go to the race if you always know who was going to win:E

Mustapha Rex
26th May 2006, 06:27
Not with the current figures of passengers they are currently carrying though!

The other question that pops to mind is who will fly them? They seem to be perpetually short of crew and they do not seem to be aware of their image in the airline employment world.

Gues that they will just hire a few more engineers to keep taxiing the equipment up and down the ramp for effect...:E

semper fi
27th May 2006, 17:59
To schumi or not to schumi........

Schumi got the pole today for tomorrow's monte carlo race, subject to the marshall's arbitrary decision because he stalled his car after his flying lap forcing others to back down due to a yellow flag......
Alonso mad as hell.....
Webber on second row....
Grid positions provisional till tomorrow, should be interesting to see how they rack em up for the start.
by the way, Schumi is not the kind of individual who will sit by quietly and let
others go ahead to make things interesting for everybody else, he had a crap of a car in 05. I.m not a tifosi mind you.......
Go Alonso.......eh?:D

Fox3snapshot
29th May 2006, 07:56
Rhubarb Rhubarb mumble grizzle.....:{

Well once again Webbo was let down by a jollopy of a car that has now failed on 4 out of 7 races! :ugh:

All I can say is Etihad take me home and don't spare the horses!

P.S feel free to upgrade me out of sympathy! :p